Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bass Driver Replacement On BeoVox S80.2

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Ky
Not Ranked
LA
Posts 31
Bronze Member
Ky Posted: Sun, Apr 19 2015 9:00 PM

I've not been getting any sound through my bass driver. After attacking my crossover with an Oscilloscope yesterday I discovered that it's actually fine, and my issue is that my bass driver is broken. I'm not sure what is wrong with it, Visually it looks perfect, I cannot see any broken wires, but my volt meter is reading infinite resistance across the terminals. I'm doubt I could fix this, any tips would be helpful. Any recommendations on how to go about getting a new set of bass drivers though? 

Does any one have a recommended driver replacement?

Thanks, Ky W.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Sun, Apr 19 2015 9:37 PM

Ky :

Does any one have a recommended driver replacement?

I can hear the chorus of "No!" being shouted across the world.  Try to find a used spare from someone, or get this one fixed.  Either way, you're going to have to take the driver out of the enclosure.  Once you do that, have a closer look at the voice coil leads and see if somehow the tiny voice coil wire didn't get broken somewhere.  I've fixed a handful.  It can be done.

If after further inspection you still can't find a defect or damage, try a reconing service.  I've heard good things about these guys.

Ky
Not Ranked
LA
Posts 31
Bronze Member
Ky replied on Tue, Apr 21 2015 6:38 PM

Thank you! I'll try to post a photo of the driver here soon, but this site never seems to upload my pictures. Looking at the driver its impossible to tell anything is wrong with it. the wires leading into the cone are intact. What have your experiences been with reconing yourself? I'm marginally capable of repairing these things myself, but I'm worried that I might do more harm than good. 

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Tue, Apr 21 2015 8:25 PM

Ky :

Thank you! I'll try to post a photo of the driver here soon, but this site never seems to upload my pictures. Looking at the driver its impossible to tell anything is wrong with it. the wires leading into the cone are intact. What have your experiences been with reconing yourself? I'm marginally capable of repairing these things myself, but I'm worried that I might do more harm than good. 

I have never had to do a full recone.  Some of my repair experience is documented here (P45 woofer repair for my set) and here (M70 tweeter repair for Soren).

You say you're worried you might do more harm than good.  Well, what have you really got to lose?  You have a part that doesn't work already.  The worst you could do is break it beyond repair.

As far as photos are concerned, there's a thread for that.

davidosborne436
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member

I have a stuck voice coil. Looks like the magnet has moved. How did you remove the magnets so you can reseat them. They seem to be really glued in there....

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 2,040
Silver Member
Craig replied on Wed, Oct 9 2019 7:34 PM

You don't say which woofer you have a problem with, check my S45 repair.....

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/37673.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS