Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

H9i as an allround Headset option

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

StayTuned
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 1
Bronze Member
StayTuned Posted: Tue, Jan 22 2019 10:04 AM

Hello everyone,

I bought myself the H9i recently and while I am highly satisfied with the overall experience and sound quality of the headphones, I do want to try and make them work for more than just listening to music.

The integrated microphone delivers a well enough quality via my smartphone for me to want to use them as my headset whenever I am on Skype / VoIP. The problem here starts with me having tested that on my laptop and its integrated Bluetooth. In short: It's horrible. Massive lack of sound and microphone quality.

I am hesitant to buy myself a Bluetooth dongle as I am unsure which one would deliver the quality I need. I looked up some of the recommended ones on the internet, such as the Avantree Leaf USB Bluetooth 4.1, Sennheiser BTD 800 USB or the Creative BT-W2.

But I am not sure if the H9i supports aptX Low-Latency or FastStream-Codec. Which one of them would even enable the usage of my microphone?

On the other hand, I am completely unable to make the microphone work over USB. Sound quality obviously drastically increases via USB, and the microphone is even recognized by the computer, but it doesn't record anything.

I was considering to just buy myself a cinch cable splitter, but would that make my microphone work?

TL;DR: 

1) Which BL dongle would deliver highest quality in terms of sound and microphone/voice transmit?

2) Is there any way to make the microphone work on Win10 via USB?

3) Can I just buy a cinch cable splitter to make the microphone usable?

Many thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS