Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 stays in standby

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

henrikpedersen
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
henrikpedersen Posted: Tue, Jun 4 2019 11:24 PM

Hi

My beosound 9000 MKIII suddenly just stays in standby (red led is on) Sad

After applying power the relay clicks, and both +/-12volt and +9 volt is available at the power supply for a few seconds.

After this the relay goes off, and stays of for a few minutes, then it repeats that cycle every few minutes

It sounds like the disc drive is trying to read TOC (no disc inserted)

The display stays dead, and i am unable to enter the PIN code.

I have inserted a jumper (pin2-4) in one of the powerlink connectors, to get it away from option 0.

The unit does not switch on by remote, but still gives a blink if i try to change option by remote

Any clever techs here have a clue of what causes this?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder

When the serialnumber starts with a 15xxx, then most likely (after looking thoroughly else (software, eprom, ML disconnected, ) the microprocessor itself  might be dead.

cozza
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
cozza replied on Fri, Jun 7 2019 11:58 PM

[Deleted]

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sat, Jun 8 2019 10:44 AM

Changing just a few SMD caps will not solve above mentioned behavior.

henrikpedersen
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

I did some further investigation on this one. The microprocessor must be alive, as the unit responds to changing option. Also if i release the sledge and moves it to the middle, then after a few minutes, it swithes on the power supply, and gently moves the sledge to pos-1 and clamps the cd, if one is there. So the processor, RAM etc. is ok, the powersupply is ok, the motorcontrol is ok.

I can swith it on in radio mode from masterlink, but there is no sound, and here it does not ask for the pin code either...........  

If i just leave it alone, it runs the switching on and off cycle excatly each 3 minutes and 55 seconds.

Any hints, anyone??

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Jun 26 2019 12:22 PM

Are you able to get it into testmode with a remote?

henrikpedersen
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

No, i use Beo4 and call the shift function press GO and the 90258, nothing happens.......

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Jun 26 2019 7:10 PM

Sounds still as a microprocessor related problem. On the board itself there are several ic's which communicate between each other. By not responding to the remote, there goes something wrong between the software and the microprocessor. The H8 becomes too hot and failures with symptons like this are the result.

One thing should be checked whether every powersupply-line works (pin 12 comes high at the 4094 to startup all the lines and are checked).

But I guess your mk3 starts with serialnumber 15xxxx.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Sat, Jan 18 2020 11:17 PM

Hi Beobuddy,

I hue you'll get that message on time!

Look, I have to go collect a BS9000 tomorrow. It is sold as defective but I'd like to try to bring it back to life.
The symptoms are "unresponsive, stuck to CD1 -displayed-). I wonder if it can be a CPU error like the one which freeze my BS3000 (i.e with no hope to solve or easy solution). Or if it may be something else.

I ask because the serial number starts with 14506  - type 2561, and i understand from your post that maybe earlier models may be more "cpu-reliable".

Thanks a lot.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sun, Jan 19 2020 11:36 AM

It's less likely that the processor will be defective. It happens, but the change that it will be something else is more likely.

The problem could be in the sledge itself, or a defective motorcontrol. But there a number more reasons why the BS9000 doesn't work. 
The CD mechanisme with it's control board are different when you compare that with the BS3000. These are not easy interchangeable.

When you have the time to investigate, try to release the sledge by using a smal screwdriver and try to turn the big white gearwheel under the sledge. When you have done that, move the sledge to the 6th position and turn on the power. Watch whether the sledge moves to the first position (when you hold the Glassdoor just above the finger protection points)  

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Sun, Jan 19 2020 12:41 PM

Beobuddy, a very warm thank you for your very quick answer just in time.

I've spoke with the seller this morning. He says you can switch source like radio, maybe aux… So I believe it could be a reparable prob and if so, i would give it a try.

I think i won't be able to do what you describe at the sellers place so, so far, my idea is that if I can switch power, toggle source, and hear radio by the headphones, I will take it. I've read a lot of threads stating that changing the CD mech will solve a lot of little related problems. As far as i know, if its a MK2, cd is easily findable, If its MK2 upgraded, i have a spare one (Fried BS3000).

Next step in a couple of hours so stay tuned!

Thanks Again.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Sun, Jan 19 2020 3:52 PM

Hi again,

It's done! I've collected the BS9000 MKII + remote + vertical wall support few hours ago for what it seems to be a good price.
All is a little bit used and rusty but i expect it to be good after cleaning.

What I know so far: the unit turns on, radio work (I've listen to it through headphones), it switches to Aux-In.
But when you commute to CD, the unit turns off. I've not gone further ahead for now. 

Another thing which worries me more is the glass door. It's not detached but flimsy from at least one side and it doesn't open at all.
You can hear a motor spinning (noise similar to the BS 2300/Ouverture etc) but it won't open even when you help it with the hand.
The glass for rests on the the detectors spikes when closed.

Tomorrow will be a long day of search on the forum! Smile 

carlthekarl
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Hi,

conquering this thread as I have a Beosound 9000 with a very similar problem:

Type 2526 (S/W 1.4, Serial: 120...)
Laser: VAM1250/21, so likely upgraded from MK1 to MK3 drive

- Unit does not react to remote
- Unit doesn't fully power up
- Only red led at sledge is blinking
- Relay is clicking
- CD motor starts to spin
- Laser trying to focus
- Repeat

- All other buttons/functions do not work (radio, lid, etc.)

Is there anything I can do to save it from the trash?

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Thu, Jun 4 2020 10:15 PM

Hi Carl and welcome to Beoworld,

In order:

- Unit does not react to remote -> the unit won't respond to any IR command if no speaker is attached.

- Unit doesn't fully power up
- Only red led at sledge is blinking
- Relay is clicking
- CD motor starts to spin
- Laser trying to focus
- Repeat -----------> difficult to say but up to that point, may just be faulty laser. Sadly yours may be difficult to source.

- All other buttons/functions do not work (radio, lid, etc.)-------> that is more worrying but not definitive. If keys are not responsive AFTER you switch on the unit by the CD function it may be that the unit just hang up because of a defective laser "routine". happened to mine.
If other functions dont work right from stand by mode, IE awakening the unit with radio function, that may be another problem.

good luck.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS