Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beocentre 3600

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc Posted: Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:36 AM

Hi to all , I have a beocentre 3600 which is near mind condition and working order also complete  with its original box and packing and mmc 3000 cartrige which is still in its plastic case. Can anyone tell is this worth anything, i also have a pair of beovox ms150 in great condition  if some could give a value to what there worth.

cheers mdm123

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:11 PM

The 3600 is actually quite rare, though to be honest it is not a wonderful device! However a collector could well be interested if in the condition you describe. Put on eBay with lots of pictures and you will find the right market. I would definitely include Europe in your market as they will like it more!

The MS150s are worth a good few hundred pounds but only if they don't have foam rot - to repair this will cost a lot so makes them worthless. If already fixed, you will no doubt find some eager buyers!  Possibly the best passive speaker made by B&O - if rather large!

Peter

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:42 PM

I wouldn't say the MS150s are worthless if the surrounds have rotted. Just less worth.
I have had loads of requests for MS150s and it's my experience that people are more than
willing to pay to have the rot fixed.

Martin

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:46 PM

Thank you for your reply peter what kind costs are involved for repairing the beovox ms150.

Cheers marc

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:58 PM

HI Dillen thanks for your reply what would be the costs for the repair on beovox ms150 speakers if they have foam rot also what do you think on value price point if they were  repaired  and could you give a rough value on the beocentre 3600 etc what was mentioned in my earlier thead.

cheers marc

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:17 PM

Marc,

I'm afraid, I may not be the right person to advice on values.
When it comes to the older things, generally they are worth what people are prepared to pay.

The Beocenter 3600 would go to a collector, I agree.
Indeed, I bought one myself some years ago to include in my collection. I'm in Denmark so I had to
import one back here from the UK, the only place this model was available.
I restored it, parted with it to another danish collector and soon regretted.
I am awaiting delivery on a second unit from another beoworlder but that doesn't mean I couldn't be
interested in yours. Depending on cost and postage, I must confess.
But this is not a selling ad as this would require the selling poster to upgrade to minimum silver membership.

A typical repair to a woofer is in the 30-40 UK pound range here and a pair of MS150s means four of them.
These speakers are sought after, they were top notch at the time and generally worth restoring, particularly
if the cabinets etc. are nice.

Martin

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:26 PM

Ok martin i will keep you posted if where selling

marc

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS