Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Aux Audio into Beosystem 2500. Echo or Apple tv?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

lotusp
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
lotusp Posted: Fri, Jan 15 2021 11:21 AM

Hi All,

I have been fixing up my fathers old BS 2500 and would like to add wireless to it.  I have tried Amazon Echo dot and the sound is average at best.  (using mini jack to 5 pin din)

Have access to Apple TV3, would the sound be better using the optical out or HDMI with a convertor to DIN?  or am I still limited to Apple and Echo's bit stream output?

don't have the money for a Core, just looking for a better than average sound. As this is a B&O :0)

many thanks

Paul

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 12:36 PM

I have been very impressed with the sound quality from my Apple Airport Express, which I use to add Airplay to my BC9500 (into the  aux port).  I bought a second as a spare because they are so useful, even having Airplay 2 if you download the latest SW version.  They do have have a 3.5mm aux/line output.

Unfortunately Apple don't sell them any more, but you can find them on eBay for a reasonable price: £50-70 if in good condition.  Make sure that you get the latest Airplay 2 capable version, which is the MC414 with model number A1392.

lotusp
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
lotusp replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 3:23 PM

Thanks Guy for the information. Are you using the 3.5  jack from the Airport express.  Would that be better than Echo dot as Airport Express has Airplay 2?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 3:30 PM

Yes I am using the 3.5mm jack from the airport express.  I like the airport express because I now use Apple phones, hence the Airplay function is excellent.  Airplay 2 added the functionality to have a multi-room system - eg the ability to stream from my iPhone to two airport express in different rooms and ensure that the music/radio is in sync.

Sorry but I don't have any experience of Echo dot, but I do think it may have the ability to act as a stand alone/voice controlled device (so you don't need a phone to control it?)  Others may know more.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS