Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BEOVISION 6-26 Black Screen LED Red and Green

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:41 PM

Hi there, my trusty Beovision 6-26 suddenly stopped showing anything on the screen after kids were playing with the remote. Now its not even showing the Menu. Backlight is also off. I hear the speakers give a slight click when the led is turning green. I dont get any output at all. Just the led responding to the remote. Now i left the unit unplugged after trying everything. Can anyone help me resolve this issue ? Any help is very much appreciated. 

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Tue, Jan 5 2021 5:40 PM

I would like to do some measurements but i cant find any schematics from this model. Are there any available from B&O ? 

I measured all the capacitors on the power supply, i observed not all caps have voltage when the TV is turned on 

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Fri, Jan 8 2021 1:08 PM

Does anyone have an idea what the issue could be or know which part i could try to swap ? I dont really want to throw this beauty away 

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 8:40 AM

Anyone ? Even a hint might help me out

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 9:27 AM

Hi Andreas, sorry to hear about your issue and not really being able to help. An option with a reliable result would be to just find a working 6-26 second hand. Here in the Netherlands they are very cheap, sometimes for free. Maybe you can even find one that is better, nicer, or newer than the one you have (like a BC with a radio) and see it as an upgrade? If your problem is really something that needs a repair than this could be the most cost effective way.
Good luck! Johan

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 9:49 AM

If you press "TV" on the remote: Does your TV show the request for a PIN code?

If it's broken, looking for a used, working TV is the best alternative. Or service manual + local repair service.

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Mon, Jan 25 2021 12:08 PM

Hi thank you for trying to help. My TV is still in pristine condition thats why i wanted to try repairing it. 

The screen shows nothing, there is no backlight but when pressing the remote i can see the tv reacting to it. For now i will try to find spare parts responsible for the screen backlighting module after testing the power supply thoroughly 

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Just a thought. The children didn't accidentally change the Option setting of the TV so it doesn't  respond to the remote?

Stoobie

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Wed, Feb 10 2021 8:59 AM

The TV does respond to the remote, i just cant see anything on my screen. Its blacked out, not even backlight

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS