Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 9500 Tape Belt

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

cpucomp
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
cpucomp Posted: Sun, Mar 17 2019 1:13 PM

Good afternoon

my beocenter 9500 is workung fine, just the tape drive is out of service! the center is open , the tape drive is disassembled : reason for the malfunction : the big flat belt is distroyed! 

I do have the new 3 belts allready but I do not know the routing of the large belt . how  is the routing of the belt ? does somebody can explain to me? 

I think for me its clear: around the white little weel , wich is fixed on the removed ironed bridge wich is fixed over the two alu big wheels, then arround the black plastik wheel . but now how arround the alu wheels? 

What starting position does this two wheels have ( there are two signes on the surface, (maybe this signes are just holes to make the alu wheels balanced).

Thanks for any help, regards ueli

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Mar 17 2019 5:22 PM

If the big wheels are viewed side by side with the rest of the mechanism above, then the belt goes all the way around the big wheel on the left, and then loops under the one on the right, with the outside of the belt going around the little wheel in the corner and then stretching up to the drive wheel.

Perhaps you could post a photo and I could draw it on?  

cpucomp
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member

Thanks for your reply . Aside of the picture is the driving wheel , fixed on the iron bridge wich will be fixed over the two alu wheel. 

thanks for your help

Best regards ueli

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 4:25 PM

Ask the seller for mounting instructions.

Martin

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 9:10 PM

cpucomp:

Thanks for your reply . Aside of the picture is the driving wheel , fixed on the iron bridge wich will be fixed over the two alu wheel. 

thanks for your help

Best regards ueli

Yours looks different to mine, but then I know that there are two versions.

If you look at this thread: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/18104.aspx

There is a photo showing the routing for my type which is similar - can you work it out from that?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 9:23 PM

Cancel my last!

Have a look at this video which shows a belt change on a BC2500.  The tape deck on your 9500 is very similar, except that your motor is mounted in a different place and feeds the system via an additional belt.

I think you will be able to work it out from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnAD5PbyBGA

By the way, I found the video linked from this thread: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/26380/210508.aspx#210508

(And as an aside, Martin (who posted about asking the belt supplier) sells belt replacement kits and always includes excellent fitting instructions!  This explains his reticence to help out the competition!)

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Mar 19 2019 10:41 PM

Guy:

(And as an aside, Martin (who posted about asking the belt supplier) sells belt replacement kits and always includes excellent fitting instructions!  This explains his reticence to help out the competition!)

Competition is healthy.
Having said that, I make next to no profit on the belts I provide so I really don't have to sell any.
The far majority of my belts are from my own production because most of the cheap standard belts generally available on Ebay etc. are
useless in B&O.
I need quite a few belts (and other else-unavailable parts) for my own repairs and restorations so I have to make some myself.

Producing molds, having chemical analysis done, casting, testing etc. is both very costly and timeconsuming.
For most of the parts I provide I will never reach the point of break-even.
And I also spend time making instructions.

So competition doesn't bother me. What bothers me is all the damage done to nice vintage B&O decks caused by wrong belts.
I've seen no less than five different size belts sold for the same deck - by the same seller. None of them correct, and
even if the size was close to being correct, the elasticity was far off.
I've even seen drain- or sewer pipe gaskets (!) sold on Ebay as belts for Beogram 1000 etc. They were about the right size but stiff as
plastic and of course absolutely useless.
Not a single day goes by without one or more emails or Ebay messages from frustrated belt buyers.
Some of them stopped when things didn't look or feel right - but unfortunately not all.
I do my best to help out where I can. That often begins with sending them the correct parts - and sometimes also
replacement parts to take care of whatever collateral damage was caused.

So please don't get me wrong.
I help a lot of people every single day. Parts, advice, diagnoses etc.
More than a few times did I send my belt mounting instructions to people who
bought belts from Portugal or wherever, and several times was I blamed when motor bearings got damaged and the motor
started screeching after just a few playing hours, when electronics burned etc. etc. etc.
I've heard it all enough times to only supply my instructions to people who bought my belts.

But yes, there are two very different deck types. OP has the later type and it's somewhat identical to the
deck used in Beosystem 2500 as Guy mentions.
Don't be surprised if something doesn't seem to fit or if the motor makes more noise or draws more current
than normal. Blame that on the belts and stop using the deck asap. I'm running out of spare motors.

Martin

cpucomp
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
cpucomp replied on Sat, Apr 13 2019 8:10 AM

Hallo Martin

Besten Dank für Deine Antwort. Vor einigen Tagen stand ich mit meinem Beocenter am Abgrund (sprich verschrotten) , nun bin ich einen Schritt weiter....

Ich verstehe Deine Argumente sehr gut , ein solches Gerät in der Schweiz reparieren zu lassen, übersteigt sehr oft den Realwert eines Gerätes (wegen sehr hohen Fachmannkosten, sehr oft kostet schon nur der Gedanke, einen Schraubendreher in die Hand zu nehmen).

Also versucht man es selber, sucht nach Ersatzteilen in der Bucht und bestellt dei dem, der so etwas anbietet und ist froh , etwas gefunden zu haben. Im Nachhinein ist man immer wieder etwas schlauer).

Nun drehen die Räder wieder, solange   alles richt eingestellt ist , d.h. in die richtige Position geschaltet ist , wechsle ich die Spielrichtung (Tonkopf ausfahren, drehen, einfahren ), bleibt alles stecken und ein Schleifgeräusch ist zu hören.Drehe ich nun mit dem Finger am rechten Schwungrad (etwa eine viertel Drehung ) verschwindet das Geräusch und das Tonband funktioniert wieder. Gleicher Vorgang passiert, wenn ich von Vorspulen auf Rückspulen schalte. Meine Diagnose: sobald der Widerstand auf den Antriebsriemen ansteigt , dreht die Antriebswelle weiss , durch und generiert das Schleiffgeräusch , weil die Haftung/Andruck Riemen zu klein ist.

Folgerung: ich möchte zwei (2)Stück Deiner Flachriemen/Antriebsriemen bestellen . Wie kann ich bezahlen , wie lieferst Du. Postfach in Weil am Rhein vorahnden, Paypal ebenso. Sonst Lieferung per Post in die Schweiz.

Danke und Gruss  Ueli 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Apr 13 2019 8:29 AM

PM or email me.

Martin

cpucomp
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
cpucomp replied on Sat, Apr 13 2019 10:00 AM

may I have your e-mail adress? or where do i find it?

Mine: ***@bluewin.ch

Thanks

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Apr 13 2019 10:07 AM

You have email.
And I edited your post above (anti-spam).

Martin

merlin
Not Ranked
North from Germany
Posts 49
Bronze Member
merlin replied on Sat, Apr 13 2019 12:13 PM

Hallo Ueli ,

ein recht typischer Fall von " Schrottriemen " , das hast du schon richtig analysiert .

Der Grip , sprich die Vorspannung des Capstanriemens ist bei diesem Laufwerk

extrem wichtig , ist er zu lasch , bekommst du Fehlfunktionen sowohl beim

Abspielen , bei der Reversefunktion und auch beim Spulen vorwärts und

rückwärts .

Bei der Gelegenheit des Wechselns des Riemens solltest du auch

unbedingt das Kurvenrad kontrollieren und gut schmieren , auch die

Leichtgängigkeit der Magnetspulenanker überprüfen .

Die Vorspannung des Riemens in Zusammenarbeit mit den

Magnetspulen sorgt für das richtige Abtasten bzw. Abfahren des

Kurvenrades , welches die verschiedenen Laufwerksfunktionen

auslöst .

wünsche viel Erfolg ( ist alles kein Hexenwerk ! )

Merlin

cpucomp
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
cpucomp replied on Tue, Jun 16 2020 5:44 PM

Hi Dillen

It is quit a while as you supported me with tape drive belts for beocenter 9500. (one year ago).

all the beocenters and others are still waiting for repair (tape drives)

I do need now the belts : for the following machines:

2x beocenter 9500

2x beocenter 9300

1x beocenter 9000

2x beosound overture

Can you provide those belt-sets to me?

If yes please tell me the price, the way of transfering the money to you.

Shipping to switzerland of PO box in germany .

thanks for a reply to ***

Best regards  Ueli Pfister

EDITED by Dillen.
E-mail address removed (anti-spam)

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Jun 17 2020 7:29 AM

Ueli, you have email.

Martin

CarloBollen
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Hello Dillen,

I'm also restoring a Beocenter 9500 (2506) and in need of the belt set.

How to proceed ?

Regards,

Carlo

eFWee
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
eFWee replied on Sat, Feb 13 2021 3:38 PM

Hello Martin,

I'd like to buy a set of belts with instructions for my recently acquired BC9500, the tape unit is the second version I think.

Thanks in advance for your reply, best regards, Frank.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Feb 14 2021 7:14 AM

Hi Frank,

Most of my belts and other parts are now in the webshop:

www.beoparts-shop.com 

Leave a note at the checkout page stating your model and instructions will be provided where available.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS