Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

updated catalogue and prizes since April - BeoLab 17 gone

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

driehoek
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member
driehoek Posted: Fri, Apr 2 2021 11:36 AM

I noticed on the B&O website that there are changes in prices of the speakers.

Increased prices for BeoSound 1 and 2, both have seen an increase of EUR 200 (13% increase for BS1).

Beosound Stage is now at EUR 1599 instead of 1500 (EUR +99). The new prices are indicated in red, not sure why they want to draw attention to price increase on their website. 

As expected the BeoLab 17 have disappeared from catalogue and are now officially no longer sold as a new speaker. I am sure you can find good prices at dealers now if you were interested.

Also other beolab products are increase in price. Beolab 50 now at 31.500 (instead of 30.000) and beolab 90 at 77.500. 

Probably already longer gone, but I never noticed, but also beoplay P2 and beoplay P6 have disappeared. Only the A1 and beolit are actively sold as portable speakers in lower price range (which used to be the beoplay segment).

Seems yearly price increase and shows confidence of B&O is interest in their products. 

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Fri, Apr 2 2021 5:28 PM

Has anyone heard rumblings of a BL17 replacement? I have not.

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Fri, Apr 2 2021 7:49 PM

Some said it could be the Beosound Level that replaces them after a software upgrade. I’m not totally convinced as there is no powerlink and no wisa.

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Can the Level truly deliver and sustain the maximum SPLs of the BL17s? And at a much lower price point?
driehoek
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member
driehoek replied on Sun, Apr 4 2021 10:15 PM

Real difference is that level cannot be used in multispeaker setup with a beovision. Rumors are it will become possible and In that case level could be great surround speaker.

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Mon, Apr 5 2021 1:29 AM

Well, from a price perspective, Level x2 versus BL17 is a steal!

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Mon, Apr 5 2021 3:46 PM
Replacement of Lab 17 is coming in July- August! There’s no way, Level can Replace BeoLab 17!
Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
jowus:

Replacement of Lab 17 is coming in July- August! There’s no way, Level can Replace BeoLab 17!

Can you elaborate more on successor of BL17? BL28?

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Apr 5 2021 8:07 PM
Given the price of the 28, I hardly think it will be the replacement for the 17
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 5 2021 8:14 PM
Sandyb:

Given the price of the 28, I hardly think it will be the replacement for the 17

What’s is the price of the 28?
jowus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Tue, Apr 6 2021 12:54 AM
BeoLab 28 is a Replacement for Lab 20! Replacement for Lab 17 will be Known around May!
Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Tue, Apr 6 2021 1:59 AM

Big news! This is exciting!! That’s soon!!

I hope the BL17 replacement is a powerhouse for its size as was the BL17. 

BTW, I heard USD$15,000 for BL28 in the US.

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Tue, Apr 6 2021 2:01 AM

Oh, it would also be great to see the acoustic lens on the BL17 successor too. :)

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

jowus:

I guess releasing a new product during summer doesn't make any sense. September then?

Styrizo
Not Ranked
Madrid
Posts 45
Bronze Member
Styrizo replied on Tue, Apr 6 2021 1:19 PM

The new BL28 are positioned above the 18s. They can be connected via PL/WiSA and also act as Multiroom speakers in stereo with the Mozart platform (no Deezer, B&O Radio included, AP2 and Chromecast). Tactile controls on the top part and floor or wall stand.

Power a bit above 18s, with dedicated subs and 3 independent amps.

Wood lamellas and metal body in aluminium, brass and black with multiple color options for textile and wood. Should be publicly presented bye the end of April.

Design is tower-like with circular profile. A nice evolution of the needle concept of 8000s and 18s, but with its own personality.

My dealer told me it would be priced above but couldn't confirm how much higher.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

Styrizo:

The new BL28 are positioned above the 18s. They can be connected via PL/WiSA and also act as Multiroom speakers in stereo with the Mozart platform (no Deezer, B&O Radio included, AP2 and Chromecast). Tactile controls on the top part and floor or wall stand.

Power a bit above 18s, with dedicated subs and 3 independent amps.

Wood lamellas and metal body in aluminium, brass and black with multiple color options for textile and wood. Should be publicly presented bye the end of April.

Design is tower-like with circular profile. A nice evolution of the needle concept of 8000s and 18s, but with its own personality.

My dealer told me it would be priced above but couldn't confirm how much higher.

Thank you, this sounds very interesting,

Hopefully a new bestseller.

The last couple of product launch have been very well received very exciting future.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
kuyttendaele:

I guess releasing a new product during summer doesn't make any sense. September then?

Where are we going this summer? Stick out tongue

Who knows that maybe this year it makes sense to do stuff in summer for once.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 240
Bronze Member

Styrizo:
Mozart platform (no Deezer, B&O Radio included, AP2 and Chromecast)

Does anyone know why they abandoned Deezer and TuneIn?  This new generation of gear doesn't work with anything else I have in my house. :(

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 2x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound 2 • 1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  16x* Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

* Yes, really! 🤦‍♂️

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Apr 7 2021 10:20 AM

Mikipidia:

If some of the news coming out of the UK is true this morning, retailers here expect Brits to go NUTS eating out and to be packed from May onwards. ie. we'll all be eating out, drinking and exploring. No more sitting around at home on our computers.

We've seen a huge downturn since start of March 2021 in the US. Website impressions and sales are unprecedentedly down. Almost the opposite of March 2020. Scary how it's changed so much. Since everyone has started venturing out, eating out etc, people in the US are spending their cash away from their home (which was fully expected), not online or on their home.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Apr 7 2021 1:19 PM

downturn since March 21?

most economies are rebounding quickly through March / April 21....

As for Miki's post, remember Europe is more locked down than the UK and US, which are on their way out.

It will be fascinating to see how much B&O have benefited or not from the online spend while people have been mostly at home this last year. My suspicion is that they'll have done ok, but not nearly to the same extent that many others have.

moxxey:

Mikipidia:

If some of the news coming out of the UK is true this morning, retailers here expect Brits to go NUTS eating out and to be packed from May onwards. ie. we'll all be eating out, drinking and exploring. No more sitting around at home on our computers.

We've seen a huge downturn since start of March 2021 in the US. Website impressions and sales are unprecedentedly down. Almost the opposite of March 2020. Scary how it's changed so much. Since everyone has started venturing out, eating out etc, people in the US are spending their cash away from their home (which was fully expected), not online or on their home.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS