Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Help - lost Beovision 10 users

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

henryseddon
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
henryseddon Posted: Thu, May 20 2021 4:58 PM

I feel utterly pathetic having to post this request for help.  I am the fortunate owner of a Beovision 10 - which came with the rather expensive house I bought.  

All i want to do is connect my google Chrome Tv through the hdmi to watch tv on it.  This is currently impossible as the remote has no source option on it.  

Clearly I am doing something fundamentally wrong.  I am told these Tvs are amazing - so it feels like I should continue to try...

Can anyone help?

Thanks all in advance. ...

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Connecting equipment to B&O TV’s is easy when you know what you are doing but almost impossible to figure if you don’t know and don’t have the User Manual. The sources are not reached in the same manner as standard TVs but rather by assigning an input (HDMI) to a button on the remote.

You need to go into the connections settings menu. Before changing anything I would take a photo of the current physical connections to the TV and each page of the settings menu screen.

Assuming you have a newish Beo4 and no other equipment connected to the TV, the buttons you can assign easily are TV – DTV – DVD – V.MEM. (There are others but they are a little more complicated to find and use.) So if you currently use the TV button to turn it on, you can choose DTV – DVD – V.MEM to access your Chrome TV.

Connect the Chrome TV to HDMI 1 (or A). You then need to go into the connections menu and assign a button (DTV for example), so in the connections menu you will see a list of possible connections AV-1 to AV-6 (or similar). Choose AV-1. Then choose the source (DTV) and you can then type in a name (Chrome TV) and then you need to assign the HDMI so choose HDMI 1 (or A). I don’t think you will have a PUC for the Chrome TV so the settings on the Standby options won’t make any difference. Save it all..

Now when you press DTV it should go to the input with the Chrome TV attached.

This all assumes you have nothing else connected to the TV. Come back with details if you do have other equipment connected.

Good luck

Stoobie

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Further to Stoobie's post, for future reference, you can also download User Manuals from the B&O website.  They don't stick out where to look, so please find the link below for: getting started; guide; and user guide 

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041518732 

henryseddon
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Thanks so much for your help.  Turns out DVD was linked to hdmi and all i needed to do was to put the hdmi in the right input (rather than output).  Pretty stupid mistake...All good and I am delighted with set up.

Thanks again...

henryseddon
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

brilliant - downloaded...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS