Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 1400K - Balance slider

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

notwist
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 100
Bronze Member
notwist Posted: Sun, Dec 12 2021 11:33 AM

Hi all, 

this one is on my workbench and after doing the usual rounds of testing and tracing appears to have a damaged balance or volume slider (or both). My guess is the balance slider as it also doesn't travel well and is throwing all kinds of crackling on the right speaker. Sometimes i can get audio from the right channel while gently playing around with the balance slider, but it is 50% less loud. Audio is fine up to the volume / balance point in the circuit. Doing a large washing with Faderlube did not work at all. 

I want to doublecheck whether or not it is even feasable to repair this. I mean, I don't have that specific slider (rather exotic) in my storage. Also I haven't got a damn clue as to how I am even going to get at that slider. Typical B&O means it is all jam packed and I don't see a way to easily remove the front. 

Unfortunately with B&O I have learned that it is best to make an assessment before you put in lots of work only to discover that the problem is indeed some unobtanium slider. 

Thanks for thinking with me! 

Bert

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS