Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BLC Software

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Gary Nelson
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 52
Bronze Member
Gary Nelson Posted: Thu, May 28 2020 11:45 AM

Dear all,

Currently my Beolink Converter NL/ML is running this software:

Software status - Current version 1.4.0.18322

If I click on the button to check available software it simply recycles and I had assumed that it does not report any more recent updates that I must be bang up to date.  However a bit of research on here: http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/source/documents/Latest%20BLC%20SW/ I see there is a 19930 version and a 20048 signed version in the test directory.

1) am I doing something wrong so as not to be able to update my BLC? I have tried on my Mac, IPad and Windows 7 PC all to no avail.

2) I am reluctant to mess around with the latest software versions, not that I have the skills and unlike with the Beosound Essence Mk1 which gave you an opportunity to upload new firmware

3) Am I trying too hard foe little benefit? what does the latest update change?

4) I am hoping this new software version might allow me to use the BeoApp to play products (both NL and ML) using this tool to my BeoPassive (and speakers in the garden).  After days of pulling my hair out I think I have it cracked as I can use a remote to play 'mu going for a sic' from my Beosound Moment and CDs from my Beogram 7000.  That said it is a bit temperamental.  I found that I might have upset it by trying the App, after which the does nothing. After a *** and a bit of swearing (this always helps) If I return later it behaves again. Mysterious. 

5) I have to say that setting up the BLC is far from intuitive, though it could be me!

TIA

Gary

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, May 28 2020 12:25 PM

If you are using an NL/ML Converter in an integrated setup with a Moment, there is a known problem with the latest version of the Moment's firmware. It sounds like the problem that you're having. You need to contact BeoCare with the serial numbers of your Moment and request a firmware rollback to an earlier version. They are not fast in responding.

It's likely the problem with the Moment's firmware rather than that of the Converter.

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sat, May 30 2020 9:23 AM

Gary Nelson:

Dear all,

If I click on the button to check available software it simply recycles and I had assumed that it does not report any more recent updates that I must be bang up to date.  However a bit of research on here: http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/source/documents/Latest%20BLC%20SW/ I see there is a 19930 version and a 20048 signed version in the test directory.

Gary

Can`t be the latest version ...(?)

my BLC has

from Dec 2015

Stefan

Gary Nelson
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 52
Bronze Member

As I thought, Stefan.

When I try and check for latest version the page simply refreshes and does not present a newer version to install.

I must be doing something really silly.

btw thanks for responding and trying to help me.

Gary

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, May 30 2020 10:59 AM

stefan:
Gary Nelson:
Dear all,

Gary

Can`t be the latest version ...(?)

my BLC has

from Dec 2015

Stefan

Stefan is right, that's the latest version (at least the last official released)! All my BLC's are running on this version.

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Thu, Jun 4 2020 12:25 PM

Hi Gary, I had this issue with a brand new converter updating last year. I contacted b&o support and their solution was to make sure the timezone was correct. I set it, then went away on holiday for a week leaving it off and when I returned turned it back on and it updated. Whilst you may not be able to go away on holiday right now due to covid, leaving it off for a couple of hours or overnight then powering back on may do the trick :)

Rob.

Gary Nelson
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Thanks for your advice, Rob.

I can't see anywhere on the MLC where I can set a time zone, though that said I could easily have overlooked it!

I have set the Time automatically on my MLGW to take that from t'internet

I did find a form that I will use to send the query to B&O Support to see what they say.

Gary Nelson
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Having a look at my System Log, I do not that the timings are an hour out due to British Summer Time, I assume.

Still can't see how to adjust the time in the BLC to match that of my MLGW which is set automatically from internet.

patcherley
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Gold Member
patcherley replied on Sun, Jun 20 2021 12:55 PM

I have a very similar problem, did you get anywhere? 

Paul 

Gary Nelson
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Sadly not.

I have not looked at the probably scary cost of getting it repaired.  I took a step backwards and integrated my MLGW with my BLC.  If you do enquire about the cost of a fix I will be pleased to know

Cheers

Gary

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS