Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Wireless possibilities for Beolab 4000/8000

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

MVee
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
MVee Posted: Wed, Jan 6 2021 4:27 PM

Dear B&O lovers,

Am sure I am not the first one to ask this, but could not find a direct thread on this. Apologies if I am doubling questions!

I am in love with the classical Beolab 8000 MK2, but would like to make them wireless. I have a solution with an Airport Express, but also see various refurbish parties here in The Netherlands advertising with a mythical 'small' device they build into the speakers itself, fully out of sight, asking E800 for this mod. Unfortunately they don't want to share what device they're actually building in :(

Got a bit frustrated, am a technical guy, so would like to do this myself. Do you have any idea which device they're using? Do you have experience with a set that had such a mod, or a different one, built in?

Many thanks!

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Take a look here for ideas. A Raspberry PI may do what you want!

https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/

Stoobie

Designed-AV
Not Ranked
Sweden
Posts 39
Bronze Member

MULTIROOM AUDIO ADAPTER FOR BEOLAB SPEAKER - BL3

Specially made by Oneremote for B&O

Listen to Spotify on your Beolab speakers, connect easily with a Powerlink cable, your speakers are activated on / off completely automatically!
Can be a good solution
Mel
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Mel replied on Mon, Jan 17 2022 10:20 AM

Hello Mvee,

(English  translated  from  Dutch)

A few years ago I had the same question about the wireless  installation of certain Dutch companies. I also asked them what they used and whether they also wanted to sell this separately but unfortunately not.

Now I am very stubborn and what they can do I can do too.

I briefly did some research and came to the conclusion that they use modules with Linkplay  technology. For 99.9% I am convinced that they build in cheap PCBs (for example the LINKPLAY WiFi LAN Receiver A31)  making it possible to control each Beolab  separately. Personally I never got around to installing (still have 2 x 8000 and 4 x 6000 in the attic) but now use  2x  the Audicast M5  wireless  streamer  which I have connected to 2  Beolab  6000. In the corresponding APP you can pair the speakers and name them for left and right. It is not easier and cheaper.

If you are a bit experienced with electronics, you can build the Audiocast M5 PCB into the housing of the Beolab.   The system works on USB power supply (= 5 volts) and the  standby system of the  Beolab also works on 5 volts. So you can branch off the power from this. Signal can connected  parallel to  the line in and you're done.

How you could operate it with a Beoremote  I have not figured out anymore since it works excellently with the phone.

Hope you get an idea to go to

Regards,

Mel.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS