Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 3 vs BeoLab 14 2-1 : Can we compare ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
Posts 1,059
Bronze Member
Steph Posted: Mon, Aug 19 2013 2:50 PM

Hi guys,

it's been a long time i want to swap my BeoLab 4 for a new pair of small B&O speakers (to pair with a BeoSound 5).

For a budget of 2500€ (2100 £), i have the choice between a new pair of BeoLab 14 2-1 and a old pair of BeoLab 3.

I specify i want a pair of loudspeakers that can be lying on a sideboard, standing on each side of the BeoSound.

So, what do you think ?

Are the BeoLab 3 in another ligue than the Beolab 14 ? (i've never heard the BL14, but i love the sound of the Beolab 3) ?

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member

Where are you going to place the speakers? Aside from price positioning is one of the very key factors to consider when speakers to suit your needs. 

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
Posts 1,059
Bronze Member

The BeoLab will be placed like this :

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member

What I mean is the size of your room and what is the furnishing of your place like? 

Because of it's acoustic lenses Beolab 3 will perform most well is fully furnished spaces whereas I suppose the Beolab 14 will do better in more sparsely furnished spaces. Also a factor to consider is the Beolab3s will be more versatile because it doesn't have a packaged subwoofer to go with unlike the lab 14. 

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:32 PM
I love the BeoLab 3's and would highly recommend them for a great sound and easy positioning.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:22 AM

MartinW:
I love the BeoLab 3's and would highly recommend them for a great sound and easy positioning.

Totally agree with this. I've owned the BL5s, BL9s and BL3s and my favourite speakers for flexibility and performance (for their size) are the BL3s, by far.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

For pure music listening I would prefer the BL3's.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
Posts 1,059
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:21 PM

Thanks guys,

You confirm what i thought about these amazing speakers ! Yes - thumbs up

So, now, i'm desperately seeking a black pair of BeoLab 3 with the table stand ! Embarrassed

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Bronze Member
olvisab replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:52 PM

Salut Steph

Si tu es décidé pour une paire de bl3 envoie moi un pm, j'en ai une dispo et je connais quelqu'un qui avait une paire de pied de table qu'il n'utilisait pas. Il m'avait acheté une paire de pied de sol.

Il faut néanmoins savoir qu'il n'est pas possible de passer les cables dans les pieds de table.

Cordialement

Olivier

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  2 beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS