Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Penta 2 - Sounding Muffled

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew Posted: Mon, Jan 13 2014 2:09 PM

Hi, I have a pair of Penta II's connected to a BM6500 via powerlink. I thought they sounded great till i resurrected my BC7700 and S75's which are now used in my weekend place.

When I got back and listened to the Penta's they sounded muffled, I looked at the midranges and some (two on each) have foam rot so I have ordered a kit of eight to refoam them. Is this the most likely cause or is there anything else I should do at the same time?. Any tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I read somewhere about the crossover capacitors failing.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 2:14 PM

If you are going to refoam them - take your time and learn from people who have done it (plenty of info on Beoworld - esp. Leslie, Soren etc).  As the speakers will be partially dismantled, it will make sense and be beneficial to replace the cross over capacitors.  Again, there is lots of info on Beoworld.

I don't know if Martin (Dillen on the forum) has a caps kit for Pentas but you can PM him.  If he has, they will come with full installation instructions as his kits normally do.

Rediscover your Penta's again.

Dave.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 2:35 PM

Thanks Dave, have emailed Martin, yes, will take time doing them, looking forward to hearing them properly again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS