Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Frequent loss from one or other speaker in wireless setup

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Tifoso48
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member
Tifoso48 Posted: Sun, Feb 2 2014 5:53 PM

The good news - preamp installed, 3200, playmaker and tv optical connected

-  preamp out connected to transmitter. Adjusted the preamp to reflect personal choices on sound.

The bad news: 1) quite frequently one or both speakers cut out for a few seconds at a time.

Transmitter is in the middle about 6' from either speaker on top of the satellite receiver and next to preamp, in an open storage unit. Wireless router is around the corner less than 10 ft away. We have strong Internet wifi.

What could be the problem?

2 there is considerable lag until sound comes out of the speakers.

Any thoughts and recommendations

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 9:26 AM

Tifoso48:

The good news - preamp installed, 3200, playmaker and tv optical connected

-  preamp out connected to transmitter. Adjusted the preamp to reflect personal choices on sound.

The bad news:

1) quite frequently one or both speakers cut out for a few seconds at a time.

Transmitter is in the middle about 6' from either speaker on top of the satellite receiver and next to preamp, in an open storage unit. Wireless router is around the corner less than 10 ft away. We have strong Internet wifi.

What could be the problem?

2) there is considerable lag until sound comes out of the speakers.

Any thoughts and recommendations

I guess you mean the new WISA setup ? (I have the old Beolink Wireless 1)

I don't know about (1) - that sounds disappointing.  It took trial and error of positioning the Wireless 1's transmitter and receivers to get my set-up working ... I did this my rotating the two boxes through various angles until I seemed to get the sweet spots - but mine were across rooms as a master link extension ... you environment should be simpler !

As regards (2) I presume you mean the power on delay ? I was told in the shop demo that this was to expected (i.e. normal) and was a reflection of the wireless having to establish itself ... it was a "long" delay - it felt like tens of seconds ! but that was purely subjective.  I do not get anything like that sort of delay with the Wireless 1s

I hope the dealer can help you solve this !

BeoNut since '75

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member
BeoMegaMan replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 12:39 AM

What speakers are you using?

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS