Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Looks like I'm banned from B&O Bath and it's not even open?

rated by 0 users
This post has 43 Replies | 2 Followers

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Sat, Nov 7 2015 9:27 AM | Locked

mawheele:
Lets look back at what happened, a guy who knows a guy commented on a kitchen. This was then said to make the store arrogant. What? 

My understanding is that an ambassador for the B&O brand (Moxxey) was telephoned on several occassions at work without being asked to be by someone related to the new Bath store who proceeded to deride the old store, its management and staff.  Why do that?  The caller apparently boasted about how much better the store and its staff will be compared to the old - did they know the old store and staff?  Apparently not based on what B&O customers and forum members of the old Bath store have said.  You don't show 'passion' by denigrating others.

I completely disagree with deleting this thread.  Bath have made their bed by having a fit of pique at a genuine and honest comment from someone. They have taken umbridge and blocked him from their Twitter feed - how petty.  If anything, they should be making an apology to Moxxey for what they have done (pestering him at work) and more so for what they have said (about the old store and staff).

As flashy as the new store may look, does that really suit the historic Bath?  I don't think so but time will tell.  It may go on to be the best grossing store in the UK.  If it does, I'm happy for them and the brand.  I only hope their apparent attitude changes.

Maybe we should all visit the store and ask for a coffee and where the kitchen is?

The winner here is freedom to openly express an opinion without it being deleted, derided or insulted.

Dave.

Dave.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sat, Nov 7 2015 9:37 AM | Locked

Could we clarify who Moxxey is ?

He says  "No bother though - plenty of other places you can buy B&O equipment and they clearly underestimate my presence around Bath, too. Glad they already know, with foresight........"

Is he a B&O Ambassador? Is he a regular customer and what's his presence?

perhaps the shop was unaware of his appointment.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sat, Nov 7 2015 10:05 AM | Locked

This whole thread reads like a typical Daily Mail story, "Man upset at being blocked from following high street store on Twitter"!

I'm sure the store meant well in contacting the customer base, I'm sure Moxxey will continue his shopping elsewhere.

No one was hurt, nothing was stolen - move on and let the new owners sink or swim based upon their actual performance rather than shooting them down before they've even begun.

Ban boring signatures!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sat, Nov 7 2015 10:26 AM | Locked

mawheele:

My suggestion would be that we call this a 'racing incident' and delete this thread as its doing this board and the store both harm - there are no winners here!

Okay.. I've thought about this, both last night and this morning - and I do see the thread running out of steam, or morphing into another thread about what B&O should do, where they are going, and so on - which will detract from an interesting thread.  I'm going to lock it now though, as I think the important points have been covered and it needs leaving alone to be read and digested..

We've learned this much :

* A long standing B&O customer has been offended by a newly opened B&O store by being banned from one of their social media sites. Did they know who he was? Who knows..  A shame, but he will take his business elsewhere.  Their financial loss.  

* B&O Showrooms may or may not need a kitchen.

* There are still poor dealers out there, but also some great ones. B&O need to look at this.

* I'm an ass.

There. That's the thread summarised (badly, probably, but please don't create a thread about how bad I am at summarising!) and it's there for all to read and reflect upon. I don't think it needs deleting, it just needs a tranquiliser dart to the neck. LOL

Lee

Page 2 of 2 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS