Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Flash your B&O - new thread!

This post has 5,642 Replies | 42 Followers

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
Posts 672
Bronze Member

Tomas:

This is what happens when you don't behave and your best buddy gets sent of to the service shop, you get to stand in the corner Confused and the older boys take your place!

Tomas,

What are those speakers!

I like the Avatar by the way - when I was studying Architecture 40+ years ago, Mies was my hero.  Nothing has changed - 'less is (still) more'!

Cleve  

Tomas
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member
Tomas replied on Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:58 AM

[

Cleviebaby:

Tomas:

This is what happens when you don't behave and your best buddy gets sent of to the service shop, you get to stand in the corner Confused and the older boys take your place!

Tomas,

What are those speakers!

I like the Avatar by the way - when I was studying Architecture 40+ years ago, Mies was my hero.  Nothing has changed - 'less is (still) more'!

Cleve  

Wilson Audio Watt Puppy is there name, it's one if not the most popular highend speaker on the market, I used them before i bought the BL5's.

And yes, Mies is one of the great!

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

Benjamindaines:

Beogram RX2 with an MMC3... saving up for an SMMC1

Perhaps you should add "Flash Items" like this HERE in the MEDIA section

Regards Keith....

McMartin
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
McMartin replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 10:09 PM

My lovely TV setup.

SamWise72
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Bronze Member
SamWise72 replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 10:18 PM

Beocentre 8000, and Beovox 45.2s. Not sure where I will put my Beogram, when I finally get one!

Kokorico
Not Ranked
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Kokorico replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 11:42 PM

SamWise72:

Beocentre 8000, and Beovox 45.2s. Not sure where I will put my Beogram, when I finally get one!

Looks gr8! much prefer worm style over that cold industrial which preferably people follow, imho B&O perfectly fits into vintage stuff, I like that cosmic look of B&O paired with some antique's ( especially Art-Deco and one of Tamara's Lempicka oils  ) . I would say put it inside bureau :)  

SamWise72
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Bronze Member
SamWise72 replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 9:17 AM

You know, that's not a bad idea. I was going to use it as a cocktail cabinet, but if the deck fits, I might change my mind!

sumilux
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
sumilux replied on Mon, Mar 12 2012 1:02 PM

Now sold but thought I'd share a few pics of an 9000 mkiii I once had the pleasure of shooting.

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:36 PM

Nice sharp and well taken pictures sumilux, did you take them with a phone ?

....or a leica ? :-)

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 218
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 5:23 AM

The BS 9000 is really a beautiful piece of art! :) 

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 218
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 5:23 AM

The BS 9000 is really a beautiful piece of art! :) 

sumilux
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
sumilux replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:32 PM

Thanks, I'm a photographer, this is what I do for a living Smile

This particular shoot was on eos1 full frame with prime Zeiss glass so quality is expected. Must get around to photographing my much loved BM8000 for this thread

btw, anyone here know how to adapt a beolink 1000 to operate a BM8000, I heard something about a plug in converter.

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:22 PM

sumilux:

Thanks, I'm a photographer, this is what I do for a living Smile

This particular shoot was on eos1 full frame with prime Zeiss glass so quality is expected. Must get around to photographing my much loved BM8000 for this thread

btw, anyone here know how to adapt a beolink 1000 to operate a BM8000, I heard something about a plug in converter.

Beautiful photos! Yes - thumbs up

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Duncan
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
Duncan replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:44 PM

Good  call on the Nakamichi deck! Big Smile

I also have one too. It's a Nakamichi 700 Tri-Tracer which is from the 1970's and I think it's a very good match for 1970's era B&o. In fact, it would not surprise me if the Japanese were heavily inspired by Bang & Olufsen when they designed it.

Beautiful and gorgeous setup you have there.

Cheers,

Duncan

Duncan
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
Duncan replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:48 PM

Hi Soren, that is absolutely beautiful. You did a great job in cleaning it up. What did you use on the cabinet to get it to "pop" like that?

Best,

Duncan

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 11:40 PM

McMartin:

My lovely TV setup.

Nice, how long have you had your 6000s, how old are they?

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 12:05 AM

Steph:

A quick look of my BeoSound 5 in action with BeoLab 4.

Sorry for the bad quality, my camera is an iPhone !

I'm planning to upgrade to BeoLab 3... Embarrassed

- ' ever thought about upgrading the "camera"..? Wink Whistle

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Steffen:

Steph:

May I recommendBig Smile

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

Søren Mexico:

Steffen:

Steph:

May I recommendBig Smile

I also have a Lumix; it's a stable and reliable camera Smile

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

McMartin
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
McMartin replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 2:11 PM

I have had the Beocenter for a bit longer than one year now, I got it a lot cheaper as it stayed almost two years at the dealer in it's box and he lost his Dealer license. It's the version with the white backside Cool. The floorstand is a preused one I got as a second life item from another dealer and the beolabs are very new for me but they are from 2001. They were such a bargain. So that it is how you can afford B&O while you are at the university.

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 6:20 PM

Tomas:

[

Cleviebaby:

Tomas:

Tomas,

What are those speakers!

Cleve  

Wilson Audio Watt Puppy is there name, it's one if not the most popular highend speaker on the market, I used them before i bought the BL5's.

And yes, Mies is one of the great!

Puppy! What a good name to describe the appearance of the speakers.

blah-blah and photographs as needed

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

How does Elko Living system work? 

This is a stunning setup - I am very jealous! 

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

How does Elko Living system work? 

This is a stunning setup - I am very jealous! 

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

Still a beginner at 29yrs old! So feel very envious about some of the setups! 

I have a Beo5 controlling - Lutron Rania dual dimmers, Sony PS3 using a Schwartz, LG TV (to be changed soon!), Beosound 8, - still trying to figure Sky +HD

I also control my Beosound 8 via Airport Express connected via iTunes and an iPad which is wall mounted using the Vogels 'O' system.

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

Beosystem 6000 white edition. Very rare in a complete setup like this.

BM6000, BC6000 and BG6006. Beovox S80.2 and S120 (not pictured) + SC60 stand.

Serviced by Dillen stickers missing!

The story:

The BM,BC and BG were on a Danish auction site late 2007. It looked to be in very good condition but it was not really working. Slowly the units were serviced by Dillen. Beovox S80.2 came first and S120 when S80.2 were serviced. Some of the user manuals included the SC60 one so a search for a stand were completed by the the time 2008 were ower. The Beocord 6000 was not serviced untill 2011 and the pictures are the first ones with complete setup as you can see. Yes white editon BC6000 was avaible! The BG6006 runs currently with a MMC20CL and I have the MMC20EN it came with too. The only known white edition BG6006 exept mine is Dillen who also has one.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 7:37 PM

Wow! What a beautiful system!

New piece of furniture chez Chartz! That one is 1.70 metro long, and supports Beostack 5500 and Beosystem 8000. Hard to find, especially because I needed a special place for the CDX.  I could also remove the 5500 and align the Beogram with the rest...

Click to enlarge.

Jacques

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 8:44 PM

Friedmett that is absolutely stunning I am rather envious :)

Olly

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

Thank you

It does look like the BM and BC were bought together and the BG6006 came later as the it has a sticker from a non B&O radio shop on the rear with price! I can also ad the fact that the optional remote option were never installed in the BM. Dillen had an untested board that turned out to be fully working.

Here is the picture from the auction:

As it was to heavy to carry and the Beolit had a broken antenna I only got the 3 units + that reel to reel tape which turned out to be missing(stolen) and quickly returned back once I found out.

lausvi
Top 150 Contributor
Helsinki - Finland
Posts 689
Bronze Member

My Beolink -collection received it's newest member today: a B&O A-V terminal!

I might even start using this daily with my Beosystem 7000 as this has one nice thing; own button for selecting AUX. Need a press of only one button (vs. SHIFT-RADIO on Beolink 1000 or LIST/A.AUX-GO on Beo4).

Thanks to "mypoorfatdog" (on eBay) Yes - thumbs up

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder

BL9 In spot!

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 5:56 PM

My new toy playing a 24-bit file... 

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 5:57 PM

lausvi:
My Beolink -collection received it's newest member today: a B&O A-V terminal!

Now THAT will make you wish you had another thumb on the opposite side of the palm! Big Smile

Some years ago, I got a really nice Mars bar from Chris for my MX2000 so I could leave the original white remote to display purposes Yes - thumbs up

--mika

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 10:46 PM

I've just picked up these nice Beolab 2500's for my BC 2300 today...

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

The project with my kitchen is still not finished but I would like to share some pictures with you.

Black Beolab 4000s complete the shiny black front of kitchen....

For Beosound 9000 I let profesional carpenter finish backround plate as same front as kitchen with black glass outer and aluminium inner frame. I also order a cabinet for kitchen stuff with same finishing...  All my design :)

For the  finishing quality... I believe I have one of the best carpenter in the world :)

Next step is integrating the Beovision 7-40 to the place where my plasma screen stands...  I hope within 2 weeks time my kitchen will be completely finished... 

Photos of B&O's in Living Room and Vintage corner will follow...

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

I forget to mention. Matt (Lifestyle-AV) I know that you are following forum and I just want to thank you very much for your help and willing to help anytime I need....

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

beaker
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 761
Bronze Member
beaker replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:47 PM

Heres my 608 Grand Prix Moderne and Type V Record Deck. A bit older than most on the thread but it is all connected to a pair of Beovox Penta's. Sounds great and keeps you nice and warm with 11 valves glowing inside it!

Dont suppose anyone has a spare knob to replace the missing one do they?

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:01 PM

Nice vintage set, Beaker. My parents had a similar set -with speakers in the same design as the receiver cabinet.

If I knew then what I know now, I shouldn't have let them sell it 30 years ago...Sad 

Lars
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 146
Bronze Member
Lars replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 9:03 PM

Hi beopiranha, 

I like your installation a lot! Once I am changing my living room I ll install my BeoSound 9000 the same way. Just need fits perfectly to the furniture! 

Lars

BS9000, BC6, BC2, BL3, BL11, BL3500, BL2000, BeoTime, Beo EarSet2 3i, Beo, BEO DropStop, BEO Bottle Opener, BeoCom5 including Table Stand, ATV

Christmas Prize Draw 1st Winner 2010 - THANKS A LOT!!!

Struer Trip 2012 - THANKS A LOT!!!

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Danke Lars...

Here are the photos of living room...

Beosystem 4500 immaculate condition with no malfunction. I'm not updating my Beosystem 4500 just because I love it and the best system matching (functionally and design wise) to Beolab 5000s... Gold Beolab 4000s are also matching with accesories...

On the other side standing Beolab 5000s on the wall. They are like new without having any scratches or signs on them. I love the clear sound of BL5000.

So you can even see the dirt (because of house keepers finger prints) on them... Stunning (for me) :) 

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

Here is my evergrowing white editon Beolab 8000 system. I just got the Beocord 9000 from Dillen.

Page 2 of 142 (5643 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS