Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSound 5 Not Recognizing CD ID and Track Names

rated by 0 users
This post has 44 Replies | 6 Followers

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 9:48 AM

Carolpa:

TWG:
Which software do you use for tagging wav files?
EZ CD Audio Converter (ripping, converting, tagging)

EZ Meta Tag Editor or MP3tag (edit tags)

Thank you! Learned something new. :)

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 10:13 AM

eugeneh:
Hence for something the cost of the Beosound/Beomaster 5, this kind of basic functionality would have been expected as a minimum, especially considering that with the Beomaster 5, it's basically a Windows PC.
Note: as TWG wrote WAV had only very basic tag possibilities. Recently this has changed though.

So with the basic settings of the BS5 maybe the tags are not read completely (the  BS5 works on Windows XP Embedded).

I can not check the functionallities any more because I sold my BS5 before Microsoft reported the end of support for XP Embedded.

On my Beosound 5 Encore though all tags data are shown, also from WAV files.

You should try 3 things:

1. Switch on Twonky (which comes with a BS5, but in default not on), see what happens if you use this music server

2. Convert some WAV to FLAC or WMA lossless (if the WAV is tagged, the converted files will have the tag data also; at least using the proposed converter program) and rescan the content of the BS5. The converted files should be vissible.

3. Install a dlna/upnp server on your Mac/PC. Let this server scan the directories with the WAV. Setup the BS5 to read this music server (I'm convinced the WAV tag data will be shown)

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 1:20 PM

eugeneh:

Even though the CXN doesn't seem to build any internal library, it lets you search by Artist, Album, shows the Artwork and has a mobile APP to control it from your phone.  With built in Wolfson DAC's from an audiophile perspective it is an impressive device. 

Strange - I can search by Artist, Album, Title on my BS5 via Beolink/Beolink2/Beoliving app om my iphone and ipad. It also displays artwork and the Beomaster5 got an spdif output, that works fine with Beolab5.

Stefan

eugeneh
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
eugeneh replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 4:18 AM

Finally success !!   Reading though all related threads came across a comment about a converted recommended by a B&O Engineer, dBpoweramp.

Worked a dream, simply used the Music Converter, opened up each album folder on the BM5, picked all the Music Files (WAV) and selected FLAC Lossless and hit covert.  Only takes a couple of minutes per Album, converts all the WAV files to FLAC and writes TAG data finally recognised by the BM5 and displayed on the BeoSound 5.   All the album art was already there from my original ripping, which the BeoSound 5 displays.

So finally, all good, convert from WAV to FLAC then remove the WAV files.....phew, finally there. 

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Wed, May 26 2021 5:30 PM

@eugeneh

using dBpoweramp, do you have the possibility to tag your files with Artist "The Beatles" and have them sorted under "B" as "Beatles" ?

See my post HERE

Page 2 of 2 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS