Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New Netlink Convertor for ML-network

rated by 0 users
This post has 71 Replies | 9 Followers

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
"The Cofiguration Tool " is a tool for B&O-technicians for several different purposes f.ex. PUC-updating.

I got the name wrong, was talking about this software that tells the dealer how to configure (option setting) and cable everything, and which converters are necessary. It also indicated which features may not work full and the minimum software versions of each elements and converters.

When this tool is updated it should tell us what configurations is or isn't possible when mixing BV11 and older ML TVs.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
why - the heck - would one want to hear the sound of the BV11-tv-tuner in a linkroom?

To listen to the news, in my bathroom in the morning...

But the BV11 has a UPNP/DLNA media player, so it can play MP3s stored on a server, so, it would be great to access this source from a link room.

p.

Vienna
Top 100 Contributor
make an educated guess
Posts 1,090
Bronze Member
Vienna replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 4:24 PM

PhilLondon:

What still remains unknown to me, is whether or not I can still have a TV in a link room in option 5 or 6, and access the audio master or video master's sound (I understand I cannot get the video).

Of course YOU CAN!

Tested and  verified Big Smile

BV 11: "V.OPT" "2"  - B&O Connect set to "BeoLink Converter NL/ML"   
BC 2:  "A.OPT" "0"
BV 10: "V.OPT" "6"

BUT there will be, as already mentioned, a quite noticable time delay between 
sound via TV in  the main-room and sound via TV of your link-room ...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Phil,

You mean an updated version of the MasterLink Manual?

As far as I know, there is nothing like that whitch includes NL.

At the moment there is really not much to know or to worry about:

Tha NL/ML BeoLink Converter works as a virtual MasterLink Controller, which makes it possible for a BV11 (the only NL-product at the

moment) to act as a Videomaster in a ML-setup! That's it.

Greetings Millemissen

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Vienna,

Thanks for backing me up Stick out tongue

Grrr Millemissen

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
You mean an updated version of the MasterLink Manual?

No, it is a software that runs on PC. I remember now, it is called the PCG, Programme Configuration Guide.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Vienna:
Of course YOU CAN!

Tested and  verified Big Smile

Thanks for testing. Perfect.

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 5:05 PM
Thanks Vienna, so my assumption was correct!

You can also hear the sound of an Apple TV (via Airplay) connected to BV 11 on a Beovision in link room.

I think the new converter is a great solution, I could live with the sound delay, albeit I'm missing the video distribution.

/Räuber
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

As for sounddelay: of cource this is annoying, but that is the price we must pay for backwards compatibllity. We should be gratefull to B&O for the converter - any other brand would possibly have reacted with a: "sorry, is not possible"

Sound-delay (or rather sound-advancing) FROM ML to NL cannot be avoided. But the delay FROM NL to ML on AUDIO-SOURCES might be avoided, if the sound could be delayed in the BL11, before it is send to the NL/ML-converter.

But that be of no help to Räuber, as he wants to hear a Video-source in his bathroom. If this should be possible, both Sound and Video had to be delayed before....

I am not sure if this even might be considered in Struer.

Probably we will have to wait until both the Audio-, the Video- and the Linkdevices are NL-based to see/hear this problem solved.

Grrr (the new R.S. Album) Millemissen

Vienna
Top 100 Contributor
make an educated guess
Posts 1,090
Bronze Member
Vienna replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:21 PM

Raeuber:
You can also hear the sound of an Apple TV (via Airplay) connected to BV 11 on a Beovision in link room.

You are able to distribute the SOUND of sources connected via HDMI to the BV11 as main TV
(e.g. Fruit Big Smile TV , Cable- or Sat-Receiver, ...) to AUDIO-LINK-ROOMS in "L.OPT" "6"  
(tested  + veryfied using a BLb 2000 + BLb 3500) 

You will also be able to get SOUND of video-sources connected to the main-TV to VIDEO-LINK-ROOMS
in "V.OPT" " 6" using "AV" + "SOURCE" (tested  + veryfied using "AV" + "DTV" on a BV10) 

You can also start the main TV from the link-room in "quiet audio only mode" - same way as it is possible
in a "pure" ML setup.

!! Naming of sources becomes crucial, as not all commands are available in the "LIST" of a Beo4 as
   "combined commands"  like e.g. "A-V.AUX"     

Vienna
Top 100 Contributor
make an educated guess
Posts 1,090
Bronze Member
Vienna replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:17 PM

Millemissen:
Sound-delay (or rather sound-advancing) FROM ML to NL cannot be avoided.

Smile  ... maybe it can be avoided ... 
      (l never tried - so purely speculative)

To get the sound an audio master (without speakers) to become ?more or less? synchronous to both

-  the ML System
-  the BV 11, connected via NL/ML-converter

splitting the ML-cable from the audio-master (using a junction box) into two "branches" 
could be the solution. 

-  the "delayed branch" feeds via a ML-Delay-Box all components of the ML system
-  the "direct branch" goes from audio-master to the NL/ML-converter beeing connected to the BV11  

I don't know if the delay of max. 1/3 sec offered by the ML-Delay-Box will make the ML-system and the
BV 11 as main TV perfectly  synchronous on audio sources.

AND - there is of course a trade-off - sound of video sources of the BV11 distributed to the ML system will be
delayed twice - during D/A-conversion in NL/ML converter - and, additionally, in the ML-Delay-Box.

tompa
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Bronze Member
tompa replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:25 PM
""  tompa:

they told that in a few months NL to ML converter for bs5 encore should be released

They? Who said so?

Some people on this forum, yes I remember. Some dealers, possibly. B&O officially... No. ""

No, they not go official with that...

""Although it would make perfect sense and I hope it us true, B&O has never officially promised so.

I doubt the v1 would be NL compatible one day. The whole range is for standalone products""

As you say Beoplay products like ex V1 never go NL thats tru, but BS5 encore is not Beoplay..

it just have been a standalone product because the (inofficial promise) of releasing NL-ML converter

to BS5e moved to future (from a couple of month, then to next year and then nothing...and quiet)

Whitetail
Not Ranked
Hamburg
Posts 5
Bronze Member

we also have to wait until B&O reinstalls the projector / beamer out feature into one of those "for future use" sockets. that is a must for true home cinema experience like on bv7, and i am puzzled as to why they omitted this simple feature this time. bv11 being still young gives me hope for 2013.

Whitetail

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

I am really interested in netlink and the possibilities that we will see. I just wish they would at least say something rather than nothing. I think if it all works well we will have the making of a home automation system without the expensive interface.

get a move on and tell is what is next, for me I cannot do anything without a Beemer output and at least SD signal to my BV3 in my bedroom.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:06 PM

Hey Seanie_230, would it not work if:

• Your BV11 and NL/ML converter in main room
  • Set-top box connected to BV11 in main room
  • ML cable and Video out from STB to your bedroom, then plugged into BV3
  • Then on your BV3, manually tune a tv station to view the picture.
  • Then so the AV/LINK/SAT (or whatever combo) to get the sound in stereo?

I seem to remember I did something like that ages ago for a non B&O TV with a BL3500 in a link room.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

I am really interested to see if newer products will automatically detect older prodects by using network broadcast/multicase communication.

really interested to see if this opens up control of other rooms from the room you are in via IP.

So many possibilities i may explode.....

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Is that the Convertor's guide? What's the USB for?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

PhilLondon:

Is that the Convertor's guide? What's the USB for?

That's the only useful (and useless) page is all I could find on the B&O website.

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

It'd be cool if one could connect a HD, and this would turn it into a DLNA server...

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

It would be cool if we at least had some info of what the possibilities might be or even tell us what wont be possible at least something would help

cheers

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 983
Bronze Member
linder replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:18 PM

PhilLondon:

Raeuber:
Actually the NL/ML converter only provides to attach an audio masterlink system to BV 11, without another TV in link room.

That's what it seems from the small amount of info available on the website, but a (not so technical) dealer said to me you could possibly have other link TVs in the system, as long as they  are ML TVs (and not NL). So this needs to be clarified... we need more info, B&O if you read us...

Raeuber:
My router is very far away from my living room.

The TV needs the internet to get its software update, access "webmedia", and get access to your network to be controlled via your iPad, access and share sources via UPNP/DLNA.

You could have a second router, costs nothing... but the best actually would be an Airport Extreme, configured to connect to your main router wirelessly, and you use two of its RJ45 sockets to connect the TV and the converter. Allowing this TV to access the internet, your home network, and connect the converter at the same time.

This is probably the best explanation of the networking scheme I have read or heard.  I am going to have my condo wired with cat 7 cable regardless of what technologies B&O implements.  I had originally planned a ML system using the MLGW but the explanation from the dealer makes me think they know less than I do about B&O new network plans.  I am really impressed with the Beovision 11 but don't really want a converter box for my Beocenter 2 or Beosound 5.  I intend to keep my Beocenter 2 because I have a Beogram 7000 attached to it.  I appreciate that everything is going to be digital, but it seems to me the B&O new network can include the MLGW for ML products.  I don't like the idea of the signal delay or that analog music is converted to digital.  I will wait to see what is announced at CES in Las Vegas.

Vienna
Top 100 Contributor
make an educated guess
Posts 1,090
Bronze Member
Vienna replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:56 PM

linder:

Actually the NL/ML converter only provides to attach an audio masterlink system to BV 11, without another TV in link room

That's what it seems from the small amount of info available on the website, but a (not so technical) dealer said to me you could possibly have other link TVs in the system, as long as they  are ML TVs (and not NL). So this needs to be clarified... we need more info, B&O if you read us...

As I posted some weeks ago in THIS thread:

TESTED &VERIFIED: 
You can connect only ONE BV11 via NL/ML converter to a ML configuration
(at least at the moment) and this TV has to be the "Video Master" for the entire setup.
But you can have several ML - TVs as secondary = "Link-Room TVs" in that setup.

Vintage_B&O
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 303
Bronze Member

Hello, 

I just bought the converter and want to log in in the setup menu. But the converter asks for a password and a user name? Can you tell me the log in data? 

Greetings from Germany

Mirco

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

- The default user name: ‘admin’.
- The default password: ‘admin’.

MM

Vintage_B&O
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 303
Bronze Member

thanks you for your help. 

Vintage_B&O
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 303
Bronze Member

@vienna: 

Du scheinst auch deutsch zu sprechen und dich richtig gut mit dem NL/ML Konverter auszukennen. Darf ich Dich mal per PM anschreiben? Denn bei mir funktioniert das irgendwie überhaupt nicht. 

lg

mirco

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:19 AM

I have the NL/ML converter in my network since last week. The setup is as follows (delay box not in place yet):

It works well. 

The only issue that I have had was that when swapping source from A.AUC (Playmaker) and RADIO (from the BC2) the sources jumped back and forth for a while. That has only happened once.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

celeborn
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

hi,

I've got almost the same settings, only withe the new avant 55 and a bs5with bm5

the link speaker plays without delay,when I am using the avant as net radio or play my music from a nas,or Apple tv. using the avant a main source Also no delay when playng tv sound to the link speakers

when i am using the bs5 as source all is with a delay. radio, nas server, etc

the connections are bs5 and master withe the link speaker in a link system off course.

The ml connection in the nl/ml/ converter with a nl cable to the avant

so a delay box should solve the problem? even what source i am playing Did you have same problem?

thanks so far

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:56 PM
celeborn:

hi,

I've got almost the same settings, only withe the new avant 55 and a bs5with bm5

the link speaker plays without delay,when I am using the avant as net radio or play my music from a nas,or Apple tv. using the avant a main source Also no delay when playng tv sound to the link speakers

when i am using the bs5 as source all is with a delay. radio, nas server, etc

the connections are bs5 and master withe the link speaker in a link system off course.

The ml connection in the nl/ml/ converter with a nl cable to the avant

so a delay box should solve the problem? even what source i am playing Did you have same problem?

thanks so far

I have the same problem.

A delaybox will cure that.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder
Hi

Is it possible to connect my BV14-55 via wifi to router and use NL/ML converter? Or must it be wired?

(NL/ML converter is connected with wire to router)

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Nov 1 2016 2:34 PM

I don't have a BV14, but I do have an Essence connect via wire to an airport express, and the NL/ML converter connected via wire to my router.  It works fine.  You do have to have a good signal.  I don't use the in-built Essence wifi because the Airport seemed to work better - maybe because they were in close proximity to each other and they were interfering with each other?  

Stan

Page 2 of 2 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS