Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Masterlink Gateway and Beolink Gateway integration Home Assistant

rated by 0 users
This post has 82 Replies | 2 Followers

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Giovannu,

here we go, made 2 versions; 1st with added mlgw config in configuration.yaml 2nd with autoconfig only Your logger:

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

2nd file.

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Sorry Giovanni,

pls disregard my files, I've been playing with the blgw and added things, I'll strip it and get back with Beomaster 5 only and cd/radio sources.

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Sorry Giovanni,

I've changed the blgw since last time, here is an errorautoconfig with only Beomaster 5 and cd/radio

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

and the 2nd file

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member

Hi Baaz

So I looked at your error logs. In the first one (manual), you are configuring the plugin twice, probably manually and automatically, so you should remove the automatic integration configuration.

I am not sure what is causing the out of bounds error. It looks like the configuration file may be mistyped - the "available_sources" config item does not get through to the plugin. Did you check that spacing is correct in the yaml?

In the second one, the problem you are facing is something I haven't yet figured out. When the audiomaster starts an own source , it doesn't tell the ML bus that is happening, so we cannot detect it in the plugin. Unfortunately, we can only detect reliably when a speaker turns on to a specific source.

Let's try to debug issue #1.. can you remove the autoconfig and only keep the yaml configuration and resend me the logs?

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Hi Giovanni,

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, when You say remove the automatic configuration would that be in the config_flow.py?

Sorry

Baaz

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member

No just Delete the mlgw from the "Integrations" configuration of home assistant. You want either that one or the configuration.yaml, but not both.

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Aha, my programming skills...

Progress! now it will start, I have my two resources and can shift between these. Buttons pause/play and volume still not working.

When I turn it off i won't start again and when I restart the homeassistant server my two beolab 8000 connected to the audiomaster

turns on Beomaster 5 does not. 

enclosing three files

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member
Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

and 3rd

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Looks like the 3rd file got stuk, I noticed it was the same yaml as earlier sent...

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Stuck...

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member

Hi

So it's a bit hard to follow the logs and your issues. I see the volume commands go out to the beomaster 5 so not sure that there is a problem there. I did make a change to the play/stop code. Try re-installing from github

It works for me now. 

You can test it by calling "media_player.media_pause" and media_player.media_play from the Configuration->Developer tools->Services panel

That said, the mini media player is kind of funky . I use this configuration in the UI

type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
entity: media_player.studio
volume_stateless: true
hide:
  play_pause: false
  play_stop: false

And that works for me.

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member

hi Abakus2007

In order to help you, I would like to know a few things about your audio / video system:

Can you describe your system and the settings of the various devices?Is the Bs5 connected to a Beovision? How is the Option parameter set? 0 or 2

B&O manuals show: "When an audio master is used in Option 0, it acts as a source center for the video master even though it is controlled through the video master".

Have you configured the bs5 to work with the mlgw / blgw? (I am attaching a file where it describes how to set it up)?

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Hi all,

first - volume, my bad, there was a delay and small steps, i did not notice the change, so that is working.

second - I made it very simple so I did not install mini-media-player but used the default card.

Now I have installed the mini-media-player and that works, the on/off button only works once though.
but the sources remain visible and these work for turning the device on/off. So now, so far, all functions work.

Also tested the Service panel calling various sources and that also works but not buttons on the default card.

The speakers connected to the beomaster still turn on when home assistant i restarted but that is really no problem.

Have activated/included the MLGW function in the registry in windows. 

In respect of the system att the moment I've only included the BS5 audio master and the BLGW for error handling,

Will start to add more functions and speakers soon.

The objective was to get this nice integration to work and connect it to google assistant enabling voice commands, almost there now:)

I really thank You for all help and advise

Baaz

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member

Excellent, we are making progress.

For the on/off button that works only once, can you please run the following test sequence:

turn debug logging on as explained above.

Start homeassistant

select a source

turn off

turn on

turn off

Then send me the homeassistant.log file

For the other problem it's probably because of the autodiscovery of ML addresses that sends a dummy command to the device.

Try changing lines 289 and 183 in media_player.py to

BEO4_CMDS.get("LIGHT TIMEOUT"),

and lines 137 and 223 to:

and _event.data["payload"]["command"] == "Light Timeout"

Let me know if that eliminates the problem of the speakers turning on.

Giovanni

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Giovanni,

more progress, changed media_player. py - no speakers turning on any longer.

Enclosing log from startup - there is a new warning, maybe because I don't have any light sources I don't know.

soon back with the next test.

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Here we go again,

i presume You ment on - off - on.

New log enclosed

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Just to be clear I used the default card not the mini-media-player.

Baaz

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member
Giovanni replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 3:38 PM

So Baaz is the sequence working for you?

The logs show that the turn on / turn off commands are sent correctly and that they activate the N.RADIO source.

Let me know!

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Hi Giovanni,

no, default card only turns on once, second time no response.

So I'm enclosing a new log with four commands - default card on / off / on and then mini-media-player on.

On the third command (default card) no response on the fourth command radio button on the mini-media-player

the radio goes on.

Presume it makes no difference but I've installed the home assistant on a Raspberry PI instead of the virtual machine on my MAC.

Baaz

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member
Giovanni replied on Sun, Mar 14 2021 6:11 PM

Hi there

I think I found the issue. You configured Radio and CD as sources. But in reality, when the device turns on with Radio, the actual source turned on is N.Radio. The second time, when the plugin tries to turn on, it looks for N.Radio which was the previously reported source, but it does not find it in the source list configured (which is only Radio and CD) so it doesn't do anything.

Try to fix the configuration in the yaml by replacing "Radio" with "N.Radio" and see if it works.

Also I made a few bug fixes so try re-installing from the mlgw repository.

Giovanni

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Hi Giovanni,

I'm afraid no success. When I put N.Radio as default source and as a source it does send a command.

I narrowed it down even further and removed radio, leaving only cd left, same issue start at first but not the second

time the MMP still works through it's drop down list with sources. The MMP did not add N.Radio when changed in the yaml-file.

I think I understand the problem in solving this issue, the error when nothing happens doesn't give any records in the log.

Could it have something to do with the source menu under roles in the BM5? I've got:

NMUSIC set to CD

N.RADIO set to  RADIO

Baaz

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member
Giovanni replied on Sat, Mar 20 2021 8:05 PM

Hi Baaz.

Ok, I added some more logging and let's see if we can get to the bottom of it. Do you mind re-installing from github and then running through the source selection again?

Thank you for the help in debugging this!

Giovanni

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Giovanni,

no problem, my pleasure:) Installed new version, same fault. Enclosing new log

with only BM5 and CD on the BLGW.

/Baaz

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member
Giovanni replied on Sun, Mar 21 2021 6:57 PM

Yeah, here is the problem: your 'CD' selection actually activates N.MUSIC on the BS5. The BS5 tells the plugin NMusic is on. The second time when you try to turn on the device, it remembers that the last source was N.MUSIC. But, because N.MUSIC is not included in the sources in your configuration file, it throws an error saying that it is not an available source.

Try adding N.MUSIC as a source in the configuration file.

Alternatively, use the automatic configuration (not configuration.yaml) from the integrations panel and see if that works better.

G.

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Giovanni,

I think You're close now, It did not succeed totally but I get a  log entry on each command.

I've added N.MUSIC in the BLGW sources and added the same in the yaml-file.

automatic configuration: speakers turns on but not BM5

Yaml-file: 1st on CD starts, 2nd time same as above, speakers turns on but not BM5

All these were using the default card, using the MMP source CD, music starts,

using source N.MUSIC again same as above - speakers turns on BM5 not.

Baaz

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Zeus_72 replied on Sun, Mar 28 2021 4:19 PM

Hi,

@ Abakus2007.

I modified Giovanni's plug-in. it is optimized for my setup (you can see it in previous posts).

If you want to try it, you can download it here: https://github.com/Lele-72/mlgw

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Zeus_72 & Giovanni,

this one works!!!

Thank You!!!

Giovanni I'm enclosing the log from Zeus_72s version, maybe that could be helpful.

I'll start adding new products and sources and keep my fingers crossed it will work.

Thanks again all

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

and the log...

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Zeus_72 replied on Mon, Mar 29 2021 8:29 PM

I'm glad my version works for you.

Can you tell me if lovelace reports the status (play-pause etc.) and the info of the source being played?

Let me know if there are any delays or bugs.

If everything works I will ask Giovanni to implement the functions in the official plugin.

Thanks

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Certainly!

I'll check this, I did see the actual radio station at one point but I don't know in which setup. I'm testing a lot of different setups as the BM5 is supposed

to take a role as  a cd source and the radio replaced by the Core.

I'll revert

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Back again.

Made some notes;  Radio source will not show unless BM5 already on or link room turned on after M5 activated by default card.

Enclosing log.

All commands work from the the card, no errors.

Radio recognize when I change channel from the remote. CD does not register any commands from the remote, pausing, next / previous track etc and does not show the actual track, no entries in the log.

Baaz

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Zeus_72 replied on Tue, Mar 30 2021 8:56 PM

Hi,

I'm glad the plug is working

Before answering I would like to know with which configuration you tested the plug-in.
Could you tell me which devices you connected.
In the log I saw that you have an audiomaster, a videomaster and a bl3500.
I assume that the audiomaster is a BeoMaster 5 connected with a Beosound5?
Is the cd that of the BeoMaster5?
What VideoMaster do you have? is it a Beovision? I notice strange behavior in the log.
Is the VideoMaster in the same room as the AudioMaster,  how are they configured? (VideoMaster = 0 Audiomaster = 2 ....)
I'm sorry to ask you more questions than to give you the answers, but I would like to understand what audio / video system you have.

In general, we listen to the flow of information that the devices exchange. As you rightly observed if this stream does not exist for the cd source we cannot report anything on the cards. For example: If I listen to a cd on a BS - BM5 with the Beolabs connected, the info will not pass on the ML-bus and we cannot listen to them, the case is different if I have a system in the main room composed of a Beovision with Beolabs and a BeoSound5. In this case the TV and the stereo exchange the info, which we need. For the cd these info are only for the status (play / pause) while for the N.Radio/Radio and for N.Music/A.men we also have the metadata.

Last remark, the plugin does not work well with NL devices, for these devices there is another plug written by Giovanni, which I should try. (@Giovanni ...sorry I haven't installed it yet).

After you describe your system to me, maybe I can understand the notes better.

Lele

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Hi,

yes it is a BeoMaster 5 with a Beosound 5.

I only have the BM5 in the test configuration (yaml) and on the BLGW:

mlgw:

host: 192.168.0.50

username: admin

password: admin

use_mllog: true

default_source: RADIO

available_sources:

- RADIO

- CD

devices:

- name: Beomaster 5

mln: 1

BM5 as audiomaster on option 1.  The other devices are not configured in the test version.

In the original configuration the videomaster is a BLC NL/ML set in that role enabling my NL products

to communicate with my ML products where the BM5 is the CD source, still audiomaster but option 0

as there are no speakers attached, the BLC has the speakers.  They are in the same room but I don't

think that you can choose videomaster options on the BLC. If you want me to test a different configuration

I'm pleased to assistSmile

Baaz

Baaz

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Zeus_72 replied on Sat, Apr 3 2021 9:35 AM

Hi Baaz

Before asking you to connect other devices, I'd like to know which ones you have. If you have a Beovision and a beolab 3500 available, you could try connecting the BS5 / BM5 (option 0) to the Beovision (option 2) in the main room and the beolab in a secondary room. BS5

sources: Nradio, NMusic, CD ....

BV sources: TV, DTV, ...

In the blgw you should set your favorites, through them the names and icons of the tv channels should appear.

Let's try.

p.s. let me know what your final configuration should be, so if you want, I can help you set it up better.

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Hello again,

I've only got audio sources, on the ML side the BS5/BM5, three BL3500 and PowerLink speakers. On the NL side the BLGW, BLC, Beosund 2, Core and a Beoplay M3. You could might have configured the BLC as a "real" videomaster but there are no options to put it in 2-mode, unless I'm missing something.

Baaz 

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Zeus_72 replied on Sat, Apr 3 2021 2:00 PM

Hi

Let's try to test the following configuration:

BLGW only the VideoMaster and BL3500 must be configured (in this specific case the AudioMaster is dependent on VideoMaster)

Main room

AudioMaster option 0: Bs5 with the various audio sources (CD, Nradio/Radio, NMusic/A.Mem....)

VideoMaster option 2 (see attached image): BLC with beolab and ir eye connected (it is a specific ir eye for the blc, if you have it it would be better, but maybe it could also work only with the app) Configure the various NL sources as ML video sources.(V.Mem -->TuneIn.....).

(I corrected the post by crossing out a sentence describing something out of standard, you could try it but I don't think it works.)

Secondary room

AudioSlave (option 5 or 6): BL3500.

Once the various tests have been carried out, send me the log in txt format.

Thanks

Lele

p.s. If you need the BLC setup manual, just let me know.

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Aha! didn't realize IR option and role option where the same.

So BM5 Audiomaster option 0, BLC videomaster option 2, BL3500 option 6.

Sources CD and RADIO

Start the BLC and channel shows at once, shifting to CD no information about the track.

I can see in the log that the information is there about the song playing. Otherwise all functions work.

There are errors in the log but I think that refers to something else.

Baaz

Page 2 of 3 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS