Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 28

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 2 Followers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

andy_js:
The BeoLab 18 are a modern classic. They should think twice before making any changes that affect it’s appearance. Hopefully they won’t screw it up.

Please don’t worry - when did B&O ever go for ‘an easy solution’?

I am sure it will be something, that we did not expect....as always.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 1:03 PM

Well, this would kind of make sense in the product line. End BL20, which doesn’t sell nearly as well as the gorgeous BL18, and make the BL18 available as we know it now or with subwoofers built-in (BL28).

It not hard to imagine folks wanting full-range speakers below BL50 but really not being enthusiastic about the looks of BL20 relative to BL18. So if they can make BL18 full-range, BINGO.

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 3:00 PM

That’s a strange position in the range as you still have the choice to add a BL19 to your BL18s...

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 3:14 PM
mbee:

That’s a strange position in the range as you still have the choice to add a BL19 to your BL18s...

diisign.com

For me it is not strange at all. I’ve the 18/19 combo and it is not perfect for me. It just cannot get the full sound signature as one integrated bass capable speaker. My 17’s have nicer bass performance then my 18’s/19. Only on high sound levels the 18/19 outperforms the 17.

Hopefully the 28 can compare with the sound of 20.

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 4:19 PM

I agree with Fansastic. 18+19 is just not as convenient as a single, full-range speaker such as BL20. Plus, from a performance standpoint, B&O makes no easy way to roll the 18’s bass down and let the 19 take over other than using Transmitter 1 over WISA with its built-in 120Hz crossover. And we all know that many people experience problems using T1 with WISA. 

Without the T1, you can still use the 19’s controls to dial in where it begins playing but the 18s will still continue playing full-range.

Plus, I just like the minimalist nature of having fewer components on the floor. 
So I look forward to a full-range speaker that looks nice! 

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 5:26 PM
Agreed too - the 18/19 combination was not ideal for music. I lived with that setup for 5 years

I ended up just using the 18s for music

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 6:09 PM
I agree with the comments here. I listen to my BL18s most of the time on their own. If I’m playing loud (more than 60/65%) then I add the BL19 because this is where i find the BL18 ABL kicks in noticeably and I lose their bass.

My speakers are all cabled. I didn’t like the sound processing/crossover delivered by the transmitter 1.

I love the 18s and on their own they are usually enough as I live in an apartment and don’t wish to inflict the subwoofer on my neighbours too often. So I’m very happy with what I’ve got.

But I will be very interested to see/hear the 28s.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Duels:
I agree with the comments here. I listen to my BL18s most of the time on their own. If I’m playing loud (more than 60/65%) then I add the BL19 because this is where i find the BL18 ABL kicks in noticeably and I lose their bass.

My speakers are all cabled. I didn’t like the sound processing/crossover delivered by the transmitter 1.

I love the 18s and on their own they are usually enough as I live in an apartment and don’t wish to inflict the subwoofer on my neighbours too often. So I’m very happy with what I’ve got.

But I will be very interested to see/hear the 28s.

There is no way to integrate the 18’s and the 19(‘s) sufficiently other than through a proper bas management system like what you find in the modern Beovisions/Soundcenter.

Without that you will be better off with any speaker with strong built in bas capacities....like the BL 9, 20, 50, 90.

And for the record - we don’t know how the BL28 will be.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Bronze Member
Sibbi replied on Wed, Mar 24 2021 3:41 PM

Any news?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Mar 24 2021 4:05 PM
There will be movements. B&O Magic Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

That sounds good. Hope this design is interesting as I looked at the 50s and apart from being too big I am not overly keen on their design. Let’s see what they come up with this time round.

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

Page 2 of 2 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS