Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Just been brainwashed!

This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member
wonderfulelectric Posted: Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:15 AM

Sick sick ad... I have just been brainwashed....   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX3EemfsKds

The collection is kinda whatever but after watching I just wanna buy buy buy!!!... 

Post your fav ads and let's show B&O how great ad campaigns and good branding strategies can sell absolutely everything! 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:30 AM

I've just moved this thread from the General Forum to "People and LifeStyle"

Please try to alot threads to their most suitable forums if you can.

Many thanks

Lee & The Moderating Team

Smile

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member

Thanks! 

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 2:51 PM

What a bunch of boring poseurs.

Rather than buy anything I'd like to punch them in their stupid faces.

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Bronze Member
olvisab replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 3:41 PM

Flappo, Am not often agree with you but this time + 1000000 with you !!

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  2 beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

soundproof
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 142
Bronze Member

Anorectic women, vapid tomboys and a designer who couldn't be bothered to appear at the shoot who comes in via Skype to do running commentary? "No lipstick?" "Cinematographic!"

To get brainwashed by this is quite a feat ...

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member

Really? I thought it was funny enough to get me interested in the brand again. Very satirical. Not a good season for sure though.

But do you guys have any ads to share that you think were successful? Funny ones will be nice. 

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:02 PM

A bit too cutting edge for the old B&O customers here! Probably a bit more suited to Apple were young, inspiring people tend to hang out  not the slippers, pipes & old boring men brigade of B&O!  

B&O is just not cool!

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:19 PM

I've been involved in fashion for quite awhile and can assure you young hipsters that its all been done before and better. The fact us so called boring old farts aren't impressed with your vapid attempts at cool says it all really. Been there , done that.

You can sell $*** if you package it properly , especially if the target markets heads are full of it.

Electrified
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Bronze Member

Flappo:

I've been involved in fashion for quite awhile and can assure you young hipsters that its all been done before and better. The fact us so called boring old farts aren't impressed with your vapid attempts at cool says it all really. Been there , done that.

You can sell $*** if you package it properly , especially if the target markets heads are full of it.

Exactly.

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member

Flappo:

Aren't we all? Full of ..... literally... haha!!!! 

Every single cell in our body is filled with a certain amount of debris.... But what are debris? Things unwanted or worth discarding? And what are those? 

Gosh..... My head is so full of it.... 

And I quite like Alber Elbaz, he looks so round and bubbly. And Steven Klein made me laugh.... well then he succeeded already as a photographer/ artist. Check out the statement that is made by a certain designer come brand ambassador on B&O's website... See any parallels? 

The ad was quite funny and yet quite thought provoking IMHO.... It turned its head on the fashion industry but yet delivered the message with a certain lightness that is hard to achieve. 

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:24 PM

Pretentious twaddle!

Should spend more money on pies and less on clothes!

Paul W:
..........inspiring.................

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Ban boring signatures!

Jonathan
Top 75 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,811
Bronze Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVT0iqyfyA

Much better than the boring run of the mill glossy look at me models.

No pipes here either Yes - thumbs up

x:________________________

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:52 PM

What a bunch of prententious crap,the men look like PEEWEE HERMAN or mr bean with a haircut,and as for the women I have seen more meat on a kebab.

I surely hope b&o dont go down this route,and as for Paul w with his pipe and slippers and not cool comments.B&o does no have to try,they have always been cool,like most of danish design.

Being so called cool,is not about following trends and just buying the so called "in labels",its about being individual and b&o have always been.Too many people copy each other from cars to fashion etc,nothing cool about that,it just makes you a sheep looking o fit in to a flock.

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:00 PM

Paul W replied on 02-05-2013 7:02 PM

A bit too cutting edge for the old B&O customers here! Probably a bit more suited to Apple were young, inspiring people tend to hang out  not the slippers, pipes & old boring men brigade of B&O!  

B&O is just not cool!

Well Paul W I am the same age as you?

Your right Paul w  we are B&O customers on here,you must be the oldest though, as you have not bought anything for over 10 years!

You should have stuck in at school mate and you would have maybe been in the position to actually buy something instead of an iphone and a pair of beats headphones.

beopaul
Not Ranked
Posts 83
Bronze Member
beopaul replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 2:03 AM
butch1:

A bit too cutting edge for the old B&O customers here!

Umm, did you see the Beolab 4000 commercial from several years back? Made this one look tame. Unfortunately I can't find it on YouTube.
butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:52 AM

I never quoted that statement it was Paul w please read the other posts

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:53 AM

Paul W replied on 02-05-2013 7:02 PM

B&O is just not cool!

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:51 PM

iI's not like apple are that cool anymore , i used to be numero uno mac head , been using them over 20 years  and defending them all over the net, since steve's death , they're just another boring conglomerate run by bean counters and boring men in business suits ( bankers ) . But even I'm bored with them . There's only so many rumours you can put up with ya know , especially when the end result is just a slightly less thick laptop zzzzzz

In the 80's macs were slightly rebellious ( as rebellious as a piece of beige plastic with a keyboard can get ) nowadays they're bought by empty headed hipsters with a cafe latte in one hand an an ipod in the other ( and nothing between their ears but droning drivel ).

B&O in the 70's were cool , ice cool in fact , cooler than Apple have ever been in fact.

What's sad is that Jony Ive and his team have obviously been greatly influenced by B&O but for some reason never given them a smidgen of acknowledgement.

/rant over

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member

butch1:

B&O is just not cool!

I am the same age as you Paul.

Anyways your right, we are customers on here,you must be the oldest though, as you have not bought anything for over 10 years!

You should have stuck in at school mate and you would have maybe been in the position to actually buy something instead of an iphone and a pair of beats headphones.

Oh Jeeze Butch1 turns out it was you not me..... 

Everybody has a right to make their own comments. Oh BTW from casual observation arguing in forums do seem to bring in the crowd! But it seems like Paul W knows better not to get involved. 

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member

beopaul:
butch1:

A bit too cutting edge for the old B&O customers here!

Umm, did you see the Beolab 4000 commercial from several years back? Made this one look tame. Unfortunately I can't find it on YouTube.

Ermm... Where were you when I started the thread on the old edgy B&O adverts? I had zero posts!

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:26 PM

Oh Jeeze Butch1 turns out it was you not me..... 

Everybody has a right to make their own comments. Oh BTW from casual observation arguing in forums do seem to bring in the crowd! But it seems like Paul W knows better not to get involved. 

Wonderfulelectric,what are you on  about now?,what turned out to be me, and not you?

You are another Paul W,he used to post complete nonsense,and go on about fashion and apple etc and slate b&O technology,without even hearing or seeing the products he was slating..something akin to your posts.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

I was waiting for this to happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKOBk5SaubU

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:25 PM

I wonder, if they market in Denmark Siemens washing mashines like this:

http://www.m2film.dk/fleggaard/trailer2.swf

how should they market the BV11? 

Stefan 

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:52 PM

Chris Townsend replied on 02-06-2013 8:05 PM

I was waiting for this to happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKOBk5SaubU

Lol Bruno a icon to the fashionistas.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

stefan:

I wonder, if they market in Denmark Siemens washing mashines like this:

http://www.m2film.dk/fleggaard/trailer2.swf

how should they market the BV11? 

Stefan 

That was like a Robert Palmer video until it turned strange

--mika

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

wonderfulelectric:

Ermm... Where were you when I started the thread on the old edgy B&O adverts? I had zero posts!

Here's one.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:39 PM

MediaBobNY:

wonderfulelectric:

Here's one.

That's what I said, pretentious twaddle!

Ban boring signatures!

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:42 PM

You don't think Paul W and Bruno are related do you ?

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:53 PM

Puncher:

Here's one.

And this is a B&O CD from Jarre!

What's "twaddle"?

Brengen & Ophalen

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:59 PM

Leslie:

Puncher:

Here's one.

What's "twaddle"?

Love Jarre, I'd love to hear the CD. "Twaddle" is basically meaningless nonsense - in this case, the video, not the music!

Ban boring signatures!

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Hey Leslie, I want a Beosound 9000 just to watch and play that CD!

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

beopaul
Not Ranked
Posts 83
Bronze Member
beopaul replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:02 PM
mediabobny:

Here's one.

YES!! That's the one; I had the wrong product in mind.

(Apologies to Butch for confusing Paul W's post for his. )

-- Paul (not W)
Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:16 PM

Chris Townsend:
Hey Leslie, I want a Beosound 9000 just to watch and play that CD!

Me too Chris, unfortanetely I gave the last CD's away to Lee and Beocool not knowing that these were my last ones. But, not to worry, I will get them soon againSmile

Brengen & Ophalen

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

Leslie:

'Had a feeling you'd have that rare gem, Leslie Yes - thumbs up   I have the next best thing - 25 JMJ albums on 2 CD's (MP3 format) including Interior Music.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:30 PM

Well, I don't have the ones you have BobSurprise

Brengen & Ophalen

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

Unfortunately I have to play it on my Bose Wave Radio, which plays MP3-CD's  Super Angry

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:49 PM

Paul W:

B&O is just not cool!

You really just loves to talk about age - about the OLD, boring B&O customers. And you're supposed to be one of the young and trendy..? Huh?

Don't worry - time will solve that problem for you...You've already started to get boring - always repeating yourself...Sleep

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
Posts 4,770
Bronze Member

Flappo:

Spot on Mate!

Now I'll go throw up my breakfast after watching that.

Too long to list.... 

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 4:44 PM

I'm just sick of these caffe latte swigging iphone wearing retards trying to talk down to us , the OLD guys who made it all happen in the first place. B&o were doing apple years before apple even existed.

Ask them WHY Jobs with his amazing taste only had a B&O system in his house !?

Page 1 of 2 (47 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS