Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Cost of new fabric for BL90's?

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Ditlev
Not Ranked
Posts 62
Bronze Member
Ditlev Posted: Tue, Nov 27 2018 9:07 PM

Do you guys know how much it would cost to buy a new set of fabric for the BL90's? Like if we wanted to change the colour in the future?

Thanks

politician
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Bronze Member

£3,200. My dealer made the same enquiry on my behalf. We were both shocked by the ridiculous cost.

Ditlev
Not Ranked
Posts 62
Bronze Member
Ditlev replied on Tue, Nov 27 2018 9:27 PM

politician:

£3,200. My dealer made the same enquiry on my behalf. We were both shocked by the ridiculous cost.

WOW!

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Tue, Nov 27 2018 9:30 PM
They wanted an additional €7000 for the white ones

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Ditlev
Not Ranked
Posts 62
Bronze Member
Ditlev replied on Tue, Nov 27 2018 10:48 PM

Mikipidia:

That is totally unreasonable. Seriously. 

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Tue, Nov 27 2018 11:18 PM

Ditlev:

Mikipidia:

That is totally unreasonable. Seriously. 

It must require a firmware AND software update. 

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Well when you think a set of BL4 covers was £80 (iirc), then there is ridiculous and there is bigger ridiculous 

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 373
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Wed, Nov 28 2018 9:46 AM

To be fair, that cost is for eight different grilles, with a large area of grille cloth, all pre-fitted on very specifically shaped frames and beautifully finished. In addition, the speakers cost £53,000 new - that’s only 6% of their cost!

As an aside, I clouted one of the oak panels on our BL90s when installing new connections, and snapped one of the grille-peg type holders that fix it in place. They are not like normal grille pegs and are angled, so I could not find anything like them, and B&O cannot provide new pegs as they are glued in place. However, a complete replacement oak panel with three of the pegs fitted is £160, which I didn’t think was too bad. Reminds me - I must order it, as repairing the old peg with about five different types of glue has failed so far, and Blu-Tac only holds it in place for a few weeks at a time!  

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

AdamS:

As an aside, I clouted one of the oak panels on our BL90s when installing new connections, and snapped one of the grille-peg type holders that fix it in place.  I must order it, as repairing the old peg with about five different types of glue has failed so far, and Blu-Tac only holds it in place for a few weeks at a time.

If you have snapped the plastic...yeah out of luck. However, I find the Apex peg difficult to remove intact. However, i find evostick bonds it back on without issue - that is until you have to remove the panel again. Rinse/repeat.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Wed, Nov 28 2018 10:48 PM
Not sure if it was clear, i meant that they wanted an extra €7000 for the white ones above normal new price for the “regular” black ones. This didn’t include the black covers in that case

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Nov 28 2018 10:50 PM
Mikipidia:

Not sure if it was clear, i meant that they wanted an extra €7000 for the white ones above normal new price for the “regular” black ones. This didn’t include the black covers in that case New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Ouch!
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

I suddenly feel really poor :-)

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 373
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Thu, Nov 29 2018 1:52 PM

Christ, in that case, I take everything I said back!

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 397
Bronze Member
bramble replied on Fri, Nov 30 2018 7:53 AM
If you can afford them , don't think you will be much fussed about the cost of speaker cloth.

It's like the Bugatti veyron owner who grumps about tyres...... (£10,000) a set.

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 😀😀

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

bramble:
If you can afford them , don't think you will be much fussed about the cost of speaker cloth

Eh....No! We will be fussed and it will matter. Many can argue that if you have a Beoplay product....you have too much money and not enough sense.

Back to the frets. Question really is if the cat claws one, apart from having to bury your ex-cat, can you replace a single fret or must it be a whole set/pair?

Further, what is the real pain like if a service card needs replacing? A amp, a DSP etc....?

Also remember that the Bugatti is a highly subsidised halo car for Audi. The new cost is a fraction of the replacement parts cost which many will be bespoke or hand made. They don’t tell you that when you buy. I guess some of us will see if we have a lifetime reliable product, a subsidised service product or a money pit. 

My 3 year warranty runs out in Feb/Mar next year. I did enquire how much the BL90s would be when B&O were touting their extended warranties. Can’t remember the figure but it was either £7 or 9k per year iirc. In context, an annual extended warranty on a Aston Martin V8 Vantage was approx £1400/year and not worth it......so?

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Mr 10Percent:

My 3 year warranty runs out in Feb/Mar next year. I did enquire how much the BL90s would be when B&O were touting their extended warranties.

Correction. Dug-up the number. 

3 extra years warranty (total 6 years max) is 9% of purchase price. £4800 - £5000, so £1600ish per year.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS