Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 5 A.Aux Noise. Just me?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

danox574
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
danox574 Posted: Mon, Dec 21 2015 4:42 AM

I have recently acquired a nice Beomaster5/Beosound5 setup with CD ripper and it's very nice.  It is not fully in use but is on my bench and I am loading music, testing functions, getting to know it, getting music tagged for good organization on this device, etc.  I have even made a clone HD with Clonezilla and now have a working backup drive in case of failure.  This forum is a great resource.

I have a Behringer UCA202 for A.AUX.  It works great, but not for the first 2-3 minutes.  For the first two minutes, there is a popping sound that comes from the audio coming from the A.AUX.  Then, after 2-3 minutes, it calms down and the audio is clear with no problems.  It is very consistent - if I go to N.MUSIC or N.RADIO for a while and then go back to A.AUX, the same popping appears again for 2 minutes or so - and actually is very much in the same rhythmic pattern each time.

Obviously the workaround is to use A.AUX and wait 2-3 minutes before streaming audio, but I would much rather fix this problem.

For troubleshooting, I have done the following: Restored the Beosound 5 and updated all software from the web to the latest version, validated the UCA202 works without audio glitches on other windows computers, checked into driver versions on XP Embedded for USB Audio Codec (windows indicates it is up to date).  I have searched all the forums I can read for a similar issue, no one is reporting it.

The only other thing I have read about is people attempting to install ASIO drivers to remove latency on the audio input to make sure 3rd party TV does not have a lip sync problem.  This is not exactly clear, I am unable to decode what is actually required here to see if this will help.  I wrote someone who tried that to ask if they ever worked it out (resolution was not posted).

Is this just me?  Plenty of people seem to use the A.AUX and none have complained of this audio glitch.  It is quiet but consistent, I'm not sure if everyone would notice.  I may try another Behringer unit, but the fact that it is not consistent always, and always goes away after 2-3 minutes makes me feel that it is something software related and I dislike throwing money at a problem before I understand it.

Can anyone:

* Confirm a similar audio glitch, or confirm that you do not have it

* Confirm if the ASIO4ALL driver or similar changed any aspect of performance on your Beosound for A.AUX?

Thank you.

Frederic
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 121
Bronze Member

Hey,

I have also a BS5 almost 5 y now, quite happy with it and tried the AUX with behringer as well (connected a Playmaker to it at the time) three years ago.

I went crazy because of the A;AUX noise (as you said when starting up, but listen to classical music and every é or 5 minutes it reappears, so instaed of enjoying music you become focused to hearing the annoying noise)!  Tried several things never got resolved, Beocare ignored the issue, finally dropped the whole idea, returned the Behringer and playmaker (how hard could it have been to add a classical A.AUX since tB&O have done since the 60's-70's) when Spotify became available

Sounded to me like some data or mass leakage.

oskarax
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
oskarax replied on Mon, Jun 1 2020 1:55 PM

Hi! I know its gone almost 5 years since you wrote this but now im in the exact situation as you with this problem you describes.

And still today 5 years later it doesent seem to have affected anymore people so there is no solution only.

Did you find out what the source of this problem is? Im thinking maby its the mechanical drive inside that is making noise and somehow its getting transferred over inside the electronics.

Please if you see this i would really appreciate a reply.

Thanks!

Oskar

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS