Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoMaster 6000 error

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

COBeoMaster
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
COBeoMaster Posted: Sun, Jun 3 2018 8:22 PM

Hello!

My BeoMaster 6000 has started showing a .0 with the tuner lights lit up whenever I plug the unit in. I don't have to turn it on or press anything to get these lights to come on. None of the buttons are responsive and trying to turn it on or off does not change anything. I checked the fuses that I've replaced previously and they both look fine. This seems to be a different issue.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sun, Jun 3 2018 8:42 PM

Hi,

Similar to the Beomaster 8000 the Beomaster 6000 Type 225x you have is controlled by a microcomputer integrated circuit. Various things can cause the microcomputer to start failing in functionality. The age of the receiver is such that it most likely needs to have electrolytic capacitors replaced (recapping). I would check that the Beomaster power supply voltages are correct. Especially to the microcomputer board. I think it is unlikely that the microcomputer IC is bad. They are pretty durable. It could also be as simple as a connection problem so check board connections.  I would caution against opening it up and poking around though...unless you are handy with things like working on electronic devices (and have the service manual).

-sonavor

MMortensen
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Hi 

Have you found a solution to the problem?

I have exactly the same problem with my BeoMaster 6000 :(

tehkillerbee
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Check the reset circuitry and reset potentiometer 2R89 and replace it if necessary. Then perform the adjustments as per the service manual. Please note that the adjustments are very sensitive!

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Hi

At first as sonavor wrote check the voltages comming from board 16 POWER SUPPLY

P41 - 1       6,5 Volt

P42 - 5+6    15 Volt

uPC Board 2  P2 - 3    5 Volt

The 2 big caps on the power supply board 16 here C10 2200uF and C1 3300 uF often dead or far from values.

Watch out for the 3 solderpoints from the old caps ( ground ) on the solder side all have to be connected again.

Kind regards

Christian

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS