Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 6500 - strange behaviour....

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Andersen
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Peter Andersen Posted: Wed, Sep 28 2016 10:44 PM

Hi

I have a Beomaster 6500 on the table with a quite strange problem.

It came in with defective uP. After replacing it, performing a reset - and replacing the standard electrolytes capacitors around, it was working, no problems. Unit returned to the owner.

After some days, I got it back again. Left output amplifier transistors and emitter resistors, burned, also the processor was dead. I replaced the transistors, emitter resistors and the 100R bias trimmers - and the processor. Unit working again - but.... will not accept input from the remote (IR).
I can use the front switches, turn it on, mute, step etc. - but that's it. Reset not possible.

Any suggestions?

I would very much like to receive a BIN file with the EPROM software, then I will burn a new to see if this helps.

I can't understand why the uP died, and i can't understand why this is (or is not??) related to the output transistors dead. It could be just a bad BIAS trimmer - and if the processor died first, the safety circuit was not able to shut the unit down - and then the transistors dies.

Kind regards, Peter

Peter Andersen
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member

Is there really nobody out there that can help me with a bin/hex file of the EPROM in the 6500?

Peter

beowild
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Bronze Member
beowild replied on Tue, Oct 4 2016 1:48 PM

Hi Peter

Never heard of somebody here in the forum who worked with bin/hex files. I suggest that you place an ad in the BeoWorld Private Wanted Forum for the EPROM. The software version of the required EPROM might be helpful.

Best regards

David

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Tue, Oct 4 2016 5:00 PM

Hi,

I believe I have the required file. I have sent you an email.

/Dennis

cozza
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
cozza replied on Thu, Nov 10 2016 6:02 AM

Check the backup battery if you have not already done so. If you have replaced it, then the unit may be in option 0 due to loss of nvram settings.

Set option to 1 to reenable remote, then follow the procedure in service manual to reset nvram properly and set up the offset adjustment values for tuner.

cozza
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Bronze Member
cozza replied on Thu, Nov 10 2016 7:35 PM

I have software version 1.5 on file if you require.

Peter Andersen
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member

Thank you very much - I will appreciate that! Can you sent it on email to me? Sent me a PM.

And you are right: it was an activation of the option 0 that was the problem. I have replaced the uP, eprom and NVram before but never experienced that it chanced the option. A reset of the uP solve the problems with wrong balance, Loudness ON, etc. - but no problems with options.

So the problems was solved - everything is working.

I got two versions of the software now, I will put them online with yours for all to "enjoy" ;-)

Peter

a1greatdane
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Dear Peter Andersen,

any chance Ypou could share the 2 versions of Software IE. *.BIN files for Beomaster 6500 - Please?

Best regards

a1greatdane

aka

Sven R. Olsen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS