Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSound 1 shuts down after a few seconds

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

kammeri
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
kammeri Posted: Fri, Jul 22 2016 9:14 PM

Gentlemen,

The subject pretty much states the issue: our BeoSound 1 is "working" as it should in STBY mode. The antenna is moving, setting and viewing the clock is normal etc. However, when switching on the tuner or CD, the unit either doesn't respond or operates for short period of time (10 sec to a few minutes currently) and then reverts back to stand by mode. The problem initially occurred after a prolonged time (say a few hours) of use and has gotten worse over time. There are no external indications of failure such as blinking LED's or similar.

Has anyone experience about this kind of behavior on the BeoSound 1 or, better yet, been able to fix this issue?

I would suspect that there could be an issue with the power supply since the issues described occur at a point where power consumption grows rapidly. Are there any known issues of dry or dead caps on the PCB?

Regards!

Sugarray
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Sugarray replied on Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:14 PM

Good day to you sir.

please could you let me know if you managed to fix the beosound 1?

i have the same problem.

thank you 

Jkbmusic
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Jkbmusic replied on Sat, Jun 20 2020 12:39 PM

I have just discovered the same problem in the last two days. This is my second Beosound 1, and I don’t want to replace it as I like everything it does. Any suggestions what could be causing this problem would be appreciated, thanks.

rkasaven
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
rkasaven replied on Sat, Sep 19 2020 10:08 PM

I have the same problem as this too! 😢

Charlisdad
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

I've got the same problem. Did anybody find a solution?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS