Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 2800 - cant stop platter on record deck spinning

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Lewis T
Not Ranked
Hampshire, UK
Posts 39
Bronze Member
Lewis T Posted: Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can help me, yesterday I got myself a Beocenter for a bargin! only £40 I have plugged it in and connected it to my Beovox s35-2's and I must say it sounds great. It is fully working apart from the odd sticky stitch what I believe is common and the issue with the record deck. When you switch the unit on its just spinning constantly the only way to stop it is to switch the whole unit off. 

I have played a few records on it and its working great on 33 & 45 and the arm is working fine but  the stop and pause are not working properly, if the deck is playing you press stop the arm lifts and go's back but the platter is still spinning constantly you just cant stop it, its almost as if the final bit where the deck clicks and stops is not there. Just wondering if a spray of contact cleaner into the switch would sort it out or if there is anything else I can do to try and sort it out myself without putting it in to the local repair shop.

Many Thanks,

Lewis

colinbraywarner
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

I have the exact same problem, can someone help, bought mine from the bay. sounds nice, but cant stop platter spinning.  I am a big B&O fan.

Colin.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Feb 2 2017 5:57 PM

Check the mechanics for the power switch.
Something either seized or broke.
Beocenter 2800 is a great machine - and getting rare - worth fixing!

Martin

colinbraywarner
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Martin, thanks for your quick reply, can you tell me how to get to the power switch. without taking the 2800 all apart,  which I am told is a very very  hard task.

regards Colin.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Feb 4 2017 9:15 PM

Sorry Colin, there are no shortcuts.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS