Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
This post has 662 Replies | 19 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen Posted: Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:21 PM

Beoplay H8

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

WEIGHT
255 g for decimalists
2.4 lb for imperialists

funny typo ...

But the H8 is a nice surprise

Peter the biker

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Very nice. World classYes - thumbs up

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Rivenflush
Top 200 Contributor
Gothenburg
Posts 333
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
Very nice. World classYes - thumbs up

Second that, fabolous!

(100 EUR less would have been a better price point though IMHO)

My B&O products: Beosound 9000, Beosound 2300, Beosound Century, Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 4000 x2, Beolab 3500, Beolab 2000, Beolab 10, Beolink Active x2, Beotime, Beo5 x2, Beo4, A9 keyring x2, LC2 dimmer x6 and growing....

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

The touch gestures are a great idea, very cool.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:46 PM

Very nice. The brown one looks great. Price is OK IF they perform well. Look at BEATS PRO they are £350 and I know of a lot of kids 18-21 who have saved their pennies for these.

If the H8 plays nicely with the iPhone i.e. the volume is loud enough, they could be on to a winner. I think they are very classy looking!

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
If they get the advertising etc done well, they'll sell masses of these. I even like the brown!

Every business class passenger on the planet should be sporting a pair of these. Brilliant

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 7:07 PM

This is one of those products that makes me think.. why hasn't this been invented already?! (Apologies if there are already other companies with gesture based headphones out there, and I'm completely wrong.)

This seems extremely well executed, and I'll certainly want to try them out! Kudos B&O!

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 7:20 PM

Yes I can see Emirates/Qatar offering these in business class! Someone at B&O needs to get these in the class airlines out there - what a marketing opportunity AND works both ways - it would be very good for the airlines too!

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Bronze Member
olvisab replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 7:35 PM
If I can use a usb bluetooth aptX adapter for my bm5 and a jack adapter for my bv7, no doubt I will buy one in brown.

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  2 beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
They couldn't stock enough if them I tell you Paul. Ditch everything and just build those and the Moment. Really exciting

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 8:20 PM

I agree they look to be winners. Personally the ANC is more of an attraction than the wireless/bluetooth etc. I would expect the audio performance to be better than Bose headphones - the killer spec to make it a no-brainer is to out perform Bose at noise cancellation, they have managed to beat off all competitors to date!

Ban boring signatures!

SwedishBeoFan
Not Ranked
STOCKHOLM
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Wow these are really exciting! I will be lining up for a brown pair. I love Wagners designs. 

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Brown is normally a color I don't even consider, but these brown H8s are classy and beautiful. Will buy for sure.

p.s. Thanks to Millemissen for hinting Bluetooth cans are in the pipeline. I love them! :)

Ramasjang
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Bronze Member
Ramasjang replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 10:05 PM
Nice.

Now I just need a way to hook them up to the BV 11.

Does anyone know a good Bluetooth aptx transmitter?

I found:

http://www.avantree.com/product-bluetooth-audio-transmitter-avantree-priva-985.html

Then a rj45 to mini jack cabel.
mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 10:28 PM

Very nice. Almost the same features as the most advanced blotch headphones I Knew (Parrot Zik 2 : yes, they already had gesture control), but with the nice and timeless H6 design.

My only concern? I would want to keep the H8 for a very long time if I bought it, so I ould have preferred it to have the latest USB socket which seems to soon replace every USB socket and is bidirectional.

But otherwise, well done.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:14 PM

Surprised this thread has dropped off the front page - a bump from me as I think these could do really well (subject to satisfactory wireless and noise cancelling performance obviously)!

Ban boring signatures!

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
Posts 4,770
Bronze Member

They look great! Looking forward to seeing/listening to these!

Too long to list.... 

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member

They do look great. But how many will upgrade from H6 to H8? 

Too high a turnover of products for me!

Graham

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:37 PM

vikinger:

Too high a turnover of products for me!

Graham

Except, I think, there is a decent size market for active noise cancelling headphones among your middle-management type where brand and reputation is more important than having you head popped like a grape by an overly tight headband!

If these perform they could do really well - the benchmark is Bose, I'd be really disappointed if these didn't thump Bose from a audio point of view, but Bose have always held the high ground WRT noise cancelling - a good performance there could reset the bar, generate good sales whilst making those Bose owners in Business Class desperate to upgrade or else appear not quite as successful as they'd like to appear!!

Ban boring signatures!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:01 AM
I'm going to buy the H8 and probably keep my H6 also. I have the black H6 and I'm leaning towards the dark H8 but the brighter gold edition looks cool to.

I am a bit worried about sound quality with my iPhone since it doesn't support aptx (why apple?!). At least not yet.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
Posts 4,770
Bronze Member

Anyone know when these will be in store?

Too long to list.... 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

'B&O PLAY H8 koster kr. 3.699,-'

DK price.
Available Jan 2015
MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 9:54 AM
vikinger:

Graham

Not me yet, still haven't played enough with my H6 pepsi.

I don't know if I will ever go the Bluetooth way : another device with a battery you have to power up all the time.

Ok for a big speaker that can play while charging but headphones...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@BeoGreg

You don't need to have all the HP's they make - do you Big Smile

I don't want/need them either - but if there is a demand for them, it's fine with me.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 12:10 PM

BeoGreg:
vikinger:

Graham

Not me yet, still haven't played enough with my H6 pepsi.

I don't know if I will ever go the Bluetooth way : another device with a battery you have to power up all the time.

Ok for a big speaker that can play while charging but headphones...

You can use them with a headphone-cable too. But I am not sure they work without power however. Perhaps.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:34 PM

they do look good and once again well priced by Play ... 

at present my H6's are used only in-doors and my Parrot Zik's used outdoor and whilst commuting .... in this mode Bluetooth rocks as I saw a commuter loose his iPhone 6 when a fellow passenger exiting the train at a vast rate of knots caught his ear bud cable and pulled the phone out of his inside pocket and I then watched it drop down between the train and station platform... the perpetrator just shrugged his shoulders and could not even say he was sorry. I have also been strangled a few times by my cables in such instances. 

Intrigued on the ability of the H8 to pick up calls etc. so will be road testing these soon and as I was about to buy the Zik 2.0... and do not get too hung up on bluetooth sound quality as when using outside you are assaulted by number of external noises from wind, traffic and even the sound of your feat walking when on noise cancellation ....

good to see Play on a roll....

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYbc-3FEryY

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 3:21 PM

Interesting - noise cancellation battery charging from your phone. Could this be the way forward?

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/08/philips-fidelio-nc1l/

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
Like the iPhone battery doesn't drain fast enough by itself Stick out tongue

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 5:06 PM

Too true. I found if you turn the 3G off it lasts a good 18+ hours on my 4S even when taking pics and filming!

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 983
Bronze Member
linder replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 5:17 PM

Paul W:

Interesting - noise cancellation battery charging from your phone. Could this be the way forward?

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/08/philips-fidelio-nc1l/

It is the way forward.  Beats and others are going to do the same thing,  There is a DAC in the headphone which should improve the sound from the iPhone.  This is a profit item for Apple because the technology has to be licensed and certified by Apple.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 5:38 PM

Now that's very interesting! So a quality DAC in the H8+ would be a great idea! Now this kind of hints at 24bit or lossless for iTunes/Apple. We shall see?

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 6:06 PM

Paul W:

Now that's very interesting! So a quality DAC in the H8+ would be a great idea! Now this kind of hints at 24bit or lossless for iTunes/Apple. We shall see?

Surely, as the H8 accepts wireless and Bluetooth, there is already a DAC within!

Ban boring signatures!

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 983
Bronze Member
linder replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 6:16 PM

Puncher:

Paul W:

Surely, as the H8 accepts wireless and Bluetooth, there is already a DAC within!

The DAC module that is being implemented by Apple uses the lightning connector.  It is not wireless.  The first product is from somebody else.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 6:56 PM

linder:

Puncher:

Paul W:

The DAC module that is being implemented by Apple uses the lightning connector.  It is not wireless.  The first product is from somebody else.

.................. and it's not Apple nor Philips!

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-1adac

Apple only features because of their proprietary connector.

Ban boring signatures!

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

I am really intrigued about how good H8 are as bluetooth headset. Would be great to run endless concalls with something beautiful and (hopefully) comfortable. Also great to take to business trips. <3

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

AnalogPlanet:

I am really intrigued about how good H8 are as bluetooth headset. Would be great to run endless concalls with something beautiful and (hopefully) comfortable. Also great to take to business trips. <3

I am really intrigued about how good H8 are as bluetooth headset. Would be great to run endless concalls with somethingone beautiful and (hopefully) comfortableing if you need. Also great to take to business or holiday trips. <3

SCNR

Peter the biker

jonnyb
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Bronze Member
jonnyb replied on Mon, Jan 12 2015 4:12 PM

Does anyone have any idea whether the 'long press' gesture on the H8 will replicate the long mic button press on other headphones to activate Siri on an iOS device?

Page 1 of 17 (663 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS