Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 5005, pickup arm stuck halfway

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

JoeyM
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
JoeyM Posted: Wed, Sep 16 2015 5:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I had such good luck the last time I asked something in here that I'll try it again before panicking.

Long story short: I was gifted an amazing B&O system with a Beogram 5005, but with the pickup arm/stylus stuck in the middle. I had it sent to repairs and fixed, and used it for a month or two without problems.

Then yesterday, I wanted to skip a song. So I pressed "Lift", and then "Turn" but didn't keep an eye on it and it "turned" until the record was over. Then the pickup arm wanted to return to start position, but stuck in the middle just like when I got it.

I was able to remove the record and the deckplate, to take some pictures. I'm no stranger to fixing electronics, but I know absolutely nothing about B&O, but if it's an easy fix, I can probably, maybe, do it.

I've attached one photo I took of it where you can see everything. I thought it might help if you wanted to guide me. I have several more, but I can only attach one photo :)

Thank you for your time!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS