Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 6500 fuse constantly blowing

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 2 Followers

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Apr 11 2021 7:43 PM

Will the platter and carriage motors both rotate easily by hand?

Martin 

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Sun, Apr 11 2021 8:32 PM

With the belt and everything in place, then Yes, it rotates easily by hand. Measured up all the resistors around the motor control most of them comes out fine with the correct values but there are a few ones which comes out with odd values including that the silkscreen doesn't match up what is printed on the component side:

R1 = Can't locate this one but viewing the silkscreen printing it indicates R1 on the solder side were R3 is located.

R2 = Measures 30k and increases so this one is bad. Should be 100k

R3 = Measures 220 ohm which aligns with the schematics (see also note for R1)

R5 = Measures 55k. Should be 100k

R10 = 300. Should be 10k

R11 = Measures 300. Should be 560.

R12 = Measures 300. Should be 560.

R31 = Measures 29k3. Should be 82k (this one should be good since it's regulated by R32 (45RPM)).

R34 = Measures 25k2. Should be 34k8 (this one should be good since it's regulated by R34 (33RPM)).

Might be that all of the values are all fine based on the collective forum experience and that the schematics aren't correct.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Apr 11 2021 9:15 PM

If you are mesuring the resistors while they are in circuit you cannot trust the readings, because you will be measuring
through other components as well.
I'm sure they are all fine.

Martin

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Mon, Apr 12 2021 9:08 AM

Yes, aware, was more of an indication if something sticks out and to verify whether any of the resistors didn't work proper. But, seems that most of them are within the expected tolerances and none of them are bad and not working. So for now I'm going to replace also D2 and TR6. TR6 seems to be a bit trick to find including the suggested replacement; any additional thoughts on good replacement parts for TR6?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Apr 12 2021 9:16 AM

The correct part:
Beoparts-shop

Martin

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 9:27 PM

Friday evening and Beogram reparation time Smile So this evening I replaced TR6, D2, D3 and D4 and with that the BG6500 once again works fine and also noticed that chassis bulb (10IL1) also worked again (I did also previously replace TR3-TR5).

While on it, I also replaced the 10uF on the motor PCB including replacing the motor suspension rubber bushing which was quite try and was easy to deform by applying some pressure to them. Thanks Martin for getting these manufactured including helping out with several other parts.

Also thanks to Menahem who helped out with cap-kit for the PCB1 and PCB2 including the RIAA board which is next up for re-cap and fixing.

It's a pity that there isn't any karma button in this forum, since both Martin and Menahem would get a lot of +1 karma if it would be possible; so thanks to both of you taking the time to support the Bang Olufsen community!!

Menahem Yachad
Top 75 Contributor
Jerusalem, Israel
Posts 1,249
Bronze Member

Kim,

I am humbly honored by your kind words.

Thank you.

The truth is that ALL the members are a part of the success of this forum.

Page 2 of 2 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS