Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

TuneIn not working on Essence mk I

rated by 0 users
This post has 171 Replies | 10 Followers

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK Posted: Fri, May 11 2018 8:47 AM
During the last month (at least) TuneIn has not worked through my Essence mk I. If I start a radio station on the Essence through the app, nothing happens, but it works as normal on my A6.

I have reported the error to B&O support, and the first answer they gave me, was that they could recreate the error, and that it is due to an error from TuneIn, and they expect TuneIn to correct it within a week, so they closed the case.

After more than a week, I asked support again, and this time they could not say when it will be corrected, so that is pretty annoying.

If some of you with an Essence mk I are experiencing this error, then maybe you could also write to B&O support, so we could push them a bit more to have it solved?

Is there also problems with TuneIn on Essence mk II?
laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 240
Bronze Member
laseralex replied on Fri, May 11 2018 10:07 AM

MartinRK:
Is there also problems with TuneIn on Essence mk II?

TuneIn is working fine on my Essence Mk II.

I hope they sort this out for you soon!

-Alex

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 2x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound 2 • 1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  16x* Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

* Yes, really! 🤦‍♂️

liviu_o
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member
liviu_o replied on Fri, May 11 2018 12:05 PM

I have the same issue...reported to BO....solved initially (~2 months ago)....then reapeared.

told them again and still waiting

Very annoying and you can add the fact that timer and alarm not available on MK1.

Unbeliveable that things at this price are not software updated.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Fri, May 11 2018 12:25 PM

Same issue. Looks like Essence I is off the BeoScope for good. Funny how B&O troll this site but won't respond unless the answer is warm and fuzzy. Tune In app works great using the iPhone, and you can use the higher quality stream. Just move on. I did. 

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Fri, May 11 2018 1:29 PM
But moving on to what?

Essence mk II - that is also out of production now, so I could fear, that it won’t take long, before we see the same software problems on that one...

Playing from the app on the iPhone - then if you move out of reach of the Essence it will stop playing... (or am I missing something here?)

The Core - this one will probably be updated for quite some time, but it is in the same price range as the Essence and will probably be prioritised according to this price tag, when new versions will come on the market in the coming years, so eventually I see the same happening here...

I’m really not sure, what the best solution is - maybe I will just stick to airplay from an dedicated iPad through my Apple TV, then I don’t have to invest in expensive “beosoftware”, that only last a few years.
poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Fri, May 11 2018 1:44 PM

@MartinRK, Sorry, my point is that using iOS works fine. Grab an old iDevice and use it exclusively. The Essence is still a great product, its only the line inputs and apps don't work right. If you use it as an airplay hub, it works great and the remote is perfect for on/off and volume control. Hey, we screwed up. 

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Fri, May 11 2018 2:04 PM
Yes, I hear you. I will probably use it like that now that I have it, but basically I think it is back to be an simple, but very expensive, streaming device.

The “B&O feeling” is for sure gone, If you can’t use the app to control it. I had actually been thinking of replacing the mk I with a few Essence mk II or Cores to create some multirooms in my house, but after this, I’m not sure...
MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Tue, May 15 2018 5:13 PM

I have received this information about the fix from my dealer:

Resolution status        
Update 14th May: We are working on verifying the solution for this very unfortunate situation which is caused by a change in the way streams are handled at our sub-supplier.
We will release a fix for this before the end of May

It is some kind of internal information, when he search for info about the error in their systems

Hopefully they are able to deliver this fix soon

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Mon, Jun 18 2018 6:23 PM
Software Update for the Essence mk 1 from the 22-05 (version 4189) solves the problem with TuneIn.

I did not see the waiting software update before today, because I though it was a problem with the app and not the Essence...
Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Jun 20 2018 8:23 AM

I had to do a factory-reset to start the softwareupdate.

But after selecting one of my favorite stored radiostations in the B&O app it plays some german unkown radiostation? It took some back and forth and some searching within the B&O app to get the right radiostation. But still my stored radiostations doesn't always start when I choose them.

Another thing is that I can't get Deezer working on my Essence mk1. Is this correct? All I get I get is that it can't play that play that song or that it can't be added to the playlist. All the others within the B&O app (M3, M5, Essence mk2 and Moment) work well.

Back to the closet I think? Worst purpose in years as it hasn't worked one day as it should.

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:10 AM
I have not noticed any problems with my radio stations (yet)...

As far as I know, Deezer is not a source in the mk I, but only in the mk II
Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:27 AM

MartinRK:

As far as I know, Deezer is not a source in the mk I, but only in the mk II

Crying I thought it was. Silly me. Deezer was already used when Essence mk1 was released? Not?

liviu_o
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member
liviu_o replied on Thu, Jun 21 2018 5:30 PM

Update for essence mk1?

I cannot find any😳

can someone help me?

liviu_o
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member
liviu_o replied on Thu, Jun 21 2018 6:00 PM

Ok...reset to update:)

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Thu, Jun 21 2018 6:06 PM
You have to go into the configuration menu, and here you will be able to manually update it
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:05 PM

Hi, 

I've reset my Essence MK1 but it doesn't show any new software and configuration only allows max. volume and language selection. I have the option to use a firmware-file to update it manually but where do I get that?

Any help how to update it?

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:33 PM
The only way I know is like this from the app:

- Product settings - configure - update product software

Then it tells you if there is a new software available and you can choose to install it
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Aug 18 2018 4:18 PM

I tried both: Through the app and via IP-Adress. I've reset the Beosound Essence to factory settings but it doesn't show any new software. Still a version from 2015. :-(

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 7:18 AM

Happy easter Beoworld,

despite searching some easter eggs I'm searching how to get Tune In working again on my Essence MK1. I'm still stuck on the old firmware... I resetted that thing and there's no way to get a newer firmware. Is there a firmware file I can download onto my computer and install it manually on the essence?

Or am I stuck with an expensive line-in adapter for some Beolabs? :(

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 10:45 AM
Hi

Do you see the Essence in the Bang &Olufsen app on the product page?
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 1:19 PM

Yes, it shows up in the product page of the new Bang & Olufsen app, I signed in to TuneIn, I can control volume via app and I see the volume changes inside the app when I control volume with the remote (which I prefer).
It always says "starting .... radio" and I don't hear nothing and I don't see a logo of the radio station or other information. Tunein works on other devices.
The Essence switches to Line-In after a while. Line-In works without any problems, too.

I can't update the firmware. It always says the firmware is up to date. Tried it with the old app, too and with direct access to the Essence via ip-adress. No luck.

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 2:08 PM
That is strange...

There is also the old BeoSetup app, where you can update software and see status on network connection - have you tried that one?

If it is on Wi-Fi, maybe try to use a wired connection instead?

It is not possible to download Beosetup anymore, so you need to have it already to try this.

Other than that, I don’t have other suggestions
poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 2:37 PM

It has been the way you describe for quite a while. When the app was updated sometime last year Essence 1 was dropped, and my request to resurrect it was ignored by the B&O engineers posting on BeoWorld. 

The good news is it still works very well as a Airplay 1 streamer, and the remote for volume and on/off. Mine are about 5 years old so shouldn't expect more than that. 

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 3:40 PM
After the update to version 4189 dated 22-05-2018 TuneIn is working on the Essence mkI through the Bang&Olufsen app.

I have some problems with DLNA through the app, but that is another story... TuneIn is working, and has worked since the update
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 4:23 PM

The challenge to win: HOW do we get the 4189 software onto my Essence MK1 to bring it back to (internetradio) life?
This was my main usage scenario with the Essence MK1 and I guess that there are many users world wide that would be happy to have this solved.

The product software is up to date
CURRENT SOFTWARE

Date     2015-04-27
Version     3513

On this update product software page is a manual option, too:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"SOFTWARE FROM LOCAL FILE

Caution            
For service use only!
You can choose to update software from a local file.
Click ‘UPDATE FROM LOCAL FILE’ to continue.
Note! This action will transfer you to a different page, and you cannot go back to the Setup pages from there."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This implies that there must be a way to load a local firmware file to that thing!

I did a factory reset (paper clip 10s into the reset hole) a few times but it still refuses to see any new software. The essence is connected via LAN cable.

MartinRK
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
MartinRK replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 4:39 PM
And where do you see this option for a local file?

In one of the apps? (I don’t see this option in my app) or from a B&O web page ?
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 8:17 PM

MartinRK:
And where do you see this option for a local file?

In one of the apps? (I don’t see this option in my app) or from a B&O web page ?

You just enter the ip adress of the essence in your browser's adress bar. In this case 192.168.1.93.

Here's a screenshot and I've marked the manual section in red:

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Aug 24 2019 7:22 AM

Is somebody out there who can provide the firmware file for download? I want to get TuneIn back on my Essence... :-(

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
TWG:

Is somebody out there who can provide the firmware file for download? I want to get TuneIn back on my Essence... :-(

Hi TWG,

Did you manage to update the software on your BeoSound Essence Mk I?

One of mine is stuck on an even earlier version of the software: version 3142 dated 2014-04-16

And it won’t update. I’ve connected it to my router via Ethernet and done a factory reset multiple times now.

Lawrence
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Feb 7 2020 7:43 AM

The Essence updated didn't work at home and Bang & Olufsen support in Struer wasn't able to help me nor did they send me a firmware file for manual updating the device.

But with the help of a superb(!) dealer who downloaded the firmware to manually update the Essence MK1 I got the Essence working. 

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
TWG:

The Essence updated didn't work at home and Bang & Olufsen support in Struer wasn't able to help me nor did they send me a firmware file for manual updating the device. But with the help of a superb(!) dealer who downloaded the firmware to manually update the Essence MK1 I got the Essence working.

Thank you, TWG.

Are there any superb dealers in England willing to download the firmware for my Essence Mk I (s) for me? If you send it, I can install it.

Alternatively, I live in Berkshire, but am happy to travel to a dealer within England.

Lawrence
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Feb 7 2020 2:27 PM

Lawrence you've got mail. Smile

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
TWG:

Lawrence you've got mail.

Bless you, sir. Thank you. Done.

Lawrence
RichC1
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
RichC1 replied on Thu, Mar 19 2020 11:40 AM

Hi Lawrence,TWG,

I am having exactly the same (frustrating) issue.  Could you share the firmware with me too?

Thanks

Rich

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Mar 19 2020 6:37 PM

A shame that B&O is not able to help here... or doesn't care?

@Rich: Seems that you got email... from somewhere. :)

Mortenb
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Mortenb replied on Fri, Apr 3 2020 9:28 PM

Hi TWG,

Could you also share the firmware with me too? 🙏🏻

Thanks a lot!!! 

//Morten 

leonr
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
leonr replied on Mon, Apr 20 2020 8:15 PM

I have same issue

can you share with me too the file?

leonr
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
leonr replied on Mon, Apr 20 2020 8:16 PM

I have same issue

can you share with me too the file?

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Apr 26 2020 1:09 PM

MortenB & leonr got mail.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Sun, Apr 26 2020 1:34 PM

@TWG, If you could include me I appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

Page 1 of 5 (172 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS