Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BS6500: MCP vs Beo4 - Possible to ignore the Beo4?

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav Posted: Mon, Mar 29 2021 9:32 AM

Is it possible to have the BS6500 to fully ignore the Beo4 remote signal but still keep it to communicate with MCP? Reason for the question is that I have a BL3500 in the same room as the BS6500 and while the BL3500 doesn't pick up the MCP the BS6500 picks up the Beo4 remote signal. Or is the solution here to make use of a Beo4 signal damper to ensure to weaken the signal so that the BS6500 won't pick it up?

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Mon, Mar 29 2021 8:36 PM

Well, tried to set the Beomaster to Option 0 in the hope that Beo4 would be ignored and that the MCP would still work... But, no didn't work Smile Can't see that any of the other Option codes would be of use:

Option 0 = No IR reception

Option 1 = Two IR receivers in the same main room

Option 2 = One IR receiver in the main room

Option 4 = Link room product connected to one or two main room products in the same room

Option 5 = Two IR receivers in the same link room

Option 6 = One IR receiver in the link room

So changed back the BM6500 to Option 1 could consider Option 5 which doesn't seem to be accepted by the system.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Mar 29 2021 8:41 PM

Put the BL3500 in L.OPT 4.

And then put the Beo4 in LINK Mode, according to the following:

Standby + List together

Press List till CONFIG appears

Enter 2002 , the display should read LINK ON

Press Exit

Now the Beo4 should just operate the BL3500

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Mon, Mar 29 2021 9:29 PM

Awesome, I had a problem and B&O already had a solution for it! This worked and never realised that you could also program the Beo4 to operate in Link Mode. Got to ask but were did you find this since it's not included in the Master Link Handbook?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

kimhav:

Awesome, I had a problem and B&O already had a solution for it! This worked and never realised that you could also program the Beo4 to operate in Link Mode. Got to ask but were did you find this since it's not included in the Master Link Handbook?

In the User Guide for the Beo4....it’s as simple as that ;-)

There is a tv - and there is a BV

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Mon, Mar 29 2021 10:57 PM

The page you're ref to that is from the Beo4 (with navigation button) and in the Beo4 (without navigation button) that section isn't included nor anything about Zones. Kind of explains why I didn't find it; thanks Millemissen.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Mar 30 2021 10:01 AM

I am glad that you got it working!

kimhav:
Got to ask but were did you find this since it's not included in the Master Link Handbook?

I actually learned about it a long time ago here on the forum, but the only place that I have seen it written down is page 92 of the Beolink Handbook v1-9, available here: https://beointegration.com/uploaded/EN-BeoLink-handbook-v1-9.pdf

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Thanks Guy!

I did not notice that either.

Since all my Beo4’s are with Navi, I just used the Zone option there.

MM

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Mar 30 2021 10:14 AM

No problem MM - I have a couple of navi remotes somewhere, but have yet to buy any B&O equipment that is modern enough to make use of the navi button! That Beolink handbook is useful because it covers quite a good mix of new and old, but I have to dig out the older Masterlink or MCL handbooks when configuring my system! Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

.....and I though I knew that handbook by heart ;-(

MM

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
Posts 314
Bronze Member
kimhav replied on Tue, Mar 30 2021 7:32 PM

Guy:
I actually learned about it a long time ago here on the forum, but the only place that I have seen it written down is page 92 of the Beolink Handbook v1-9, available here: https://beointegration.com/uploaded/EN-BeoLink-handbook-v1-9.pdf

Yes, forgot about this newer version of the link handbook, kind of being stuck using the old ML handbook. But, really nice that it's working as expected so far.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS