Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink multiroom now on the Mozart products

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen Posted: Thu, Jan 13 2022 5:11 PM

The Beolink function is now a regular sw upgrade on all Mozart platform based products.

https://press.bang-olufsen.com/d/gKpSDxqk8eyT/news#/january-2022/bang-olufsen-celebrates-40-years-of-multiroom-with-new-software-that-connects-past-with-present-and-future-products

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Thu, Jan 13 2022 10:54 PM

How will this allow you to integrate with a masterlink system, in my case beosound 3000 l7nked to two passive kits one in the bedroom the other in the bathroom

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

You will need a BeoLink Converter NL/ML in addition.

You'll be able to get the music of your Beosound 3000 streamed a new speaker like the Level, and vice versa, you'll be able to call N.MUSIC and N.RADIO and get 2 of the digital sources of the Level onto the Beosound 3000 or the bedroom and bathroom speakers.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 7:35 AM

Not 100% clear, but I think you’ll need a blc nl/ml for that. Interesting that the release makes such a big deal about integration of classic products given that the blc is discontinued. Does this perhaps hint at a mk2 blc?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

No, that is typical marketing bs - call it oversimplifying Huh?

Of course you’ll need a NL/ML Concerter.

The essence is - if you already could use the ‘classic’ ML products with the NL products (such as A9, BS1…), you now also can use these ‘classics’ with the Mozart based new products…..because they now have become the update to work seamlessly with the NL products.

On a sidenote - if they really want to be honest about this ‘using the classics’, they ought to relaunch the Converter.

MM

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 5:09 PM

Millemissen:
On a sidenote - if they really want to be honest about this ‘using the classics’, they ought to relaunch the Converter.
In principle I agree.

But, there is always a but, although I love them, the BLC is a to complicate device for the most. Wouldn't it be nice to have a "black box" one side LAN/WLAN connected and on the other side ML and/or data link, just to make one ML device B&o Controllink/Beolink ready.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Carolpa:

But, there is always a but, although I love them, the BLC is a to complicate device for the most. Wouldn't it be nice to have a "black box" one side LAN/WLAN connected and on the other side ML and/or data link, just to make one ML device B&o Controllink/Beolink ready.

That is what I have always called a ‘NL/ML Converter Light’.

They could sell quite a few, I guess.

MM

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 7:09 PM

Unless they produce a new version i don't see the point as they are getting harder to find  

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 7:09 PM

Unless they produce a new version i don't see the point as they are getting harder to find  

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Jan 14 2022 9:32 PM

That’s because BeoJeff owns them all! 🤣

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/50381.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS