Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beoport on beocenter 2500

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 4 Followers

RJHD3
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
RJHD3 Posted: Sun, Jun 3 2012 9:12 PM
I would really love to be able to stream music from my PC to my newly squires beocenter 2500 and beolab 800 speakers. In the past I have used an airport express and the Aux input to do this on my beosystem 4500. I was wondering if the beoport has been made to work with the 2500/2300 or if I have to stick with the aux input solution. Thanks in advance! -Robert
PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

You got a Mac or a PC?

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

RJHD3
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
RJHD3 replied on Sun, Jun 3 2012 9:58 PM
PC, but the WiFi setup is all airports and airport extremes.
KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member

You need a BS3000 onwards to work with Beoport, not sure of the sw level.  Categorically it will not work with 2300/2500 systems except through the AUX input, if at all

RJHD3
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
RJHD3 replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:42 AM
It is what I figured. Was hoping a mad scientist had found a way to make it work. Thanks much. -Robert
PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

RJHD3:
...a mad scientist ...

Someone called me?

That's why I was asking if you had a Mac. I developed an equivalent of BeoPlayer for Mac, that works with the Beoport and is in fact a lot more powerful.

LinkPlayer has a mode that can be used in 2 specific setups that allow the use on the Beoport with older devices. I use it with a Beosound 2500 without problem!

Do you already have the Beoport box? Do you have a Beovision?

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Orcsi74
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Orcsi74 replied on Fri, Jul 27 2012 10:24 PM

Hi,

I have a beoport (actually it is a Beoling PC2 type1678) and I wanted to stream music from my NAS via a computer to my system.

I wanted to connect my Beolab 2000 but actuall was not able ..... 

I have an old iMac G4 do you think I can use it with the LinkPlayer ?!

Or is it possible at all to use the beoport without having a beomaster5 or Ouverture 3000 3200 ?! just connecting a Beolab 2000/3500.

Do you know how to make the setup ?!

Your help is appreciated.

Bye,

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 12:58 AM

PhilLondon:

RJHD3:
...a mad scientist ...

Someone called me?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

BeoNut since '75

Christophe
Top 500 Contributor
Cape Town
Posts 94
Bronze Member

Orcsi,

BeoPort can work as an audio master, if you have no other B&O device connected to the Masterlink network, you simply connect your Lab 2000 or 3500 to the BeoPort's Masterlink input, and that's it. You'll have to setup BeoPort to option 2. I had this setup during months.

It will work with a PC & the original BeoPlayer/BeoPort software, or with a Mac & Linkplayer (not BM Link, which needs an audio master).

Philippe can tell you which Mac OS works with Linkplayer, or you can make a search on this website to get all the info.Smile

Orcsi74
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Orcsi74 replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 7:49 AM

Thanks you for the info....

Probably is my mistake but when I connect the Beoport to the PC via USB and audio cable and the Beolab2000 to the Beoport via ML cable nothing really happens ....  maybe it is because  on the Beolab there is no N.Music/N.Radio button  ?!  On the Beo4 how can I activate the N.Music/N.Radio button ... when I push list it is not on the list ....

This is my first time when I try to put together a B&O system which is connected via ML, but will not give up .. 

Anyway thanks for your help, it is really appreciated.

Bye,

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 1:49 PM

Orcsi74:
On the Beo4 how can I activate the N.Music/N.Radio button ... when I push list it is not on the list ....

Press [LIST] and Standby (the red dot button) together; the Beo4 display should say "ADD?"

Press (GO)

You should see the first device/option/control to add ...

Press [LIST] and you will see the second

Keep pressing [LIST] until "N.MUSIC" appears

Press (GO)

Now you are back to normal Beo4 function; you should be able to press [RADIO] and see if the BL2000 responds.

Then press [LIST] and you should see [N.MUSIC] in the Beo4 window, now press (GO) and this should send the command that actives the BeoPlayer on your PC - note BeoPlayer must already be running ! If you see the BeoPlayer menu change you will know the command got through.

If no music is coming through the BL2000 then you may have some software level issue on the BL2000.  Similarly if the command did not get through it may not be a BeoPort attachment issue - it maybe the BL2000 isn't supporting N.MUSIC.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jul 28 2012 1:54 PM

elephant:
the command that actives the BeoPlayer on your PC - note BeoPlayer must already be running !

Just saw that you have an iMac, if you have connected a Windows machine you need to install BeoPlayer (shoudl be on the CD that came with the BeoPort).

If your only PC is an iMac then you need LinkPlayer - try the LinkPlayer 2 Beta - it might work with an old machine.

In either case the application must be running on the "PC" first - the Beo4 command will not automatically launch the music player - it must be running ... a sleeping beauty waiting to be woken up Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS