Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

This post has 965 Replies | 3 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Feb 16 2019 11:51 AM | Locked

This is not a soundbar but a ViSA compatible Center speaker.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Feb 18 2019 4:20 AM | Locked

WiSA ON Facebook - Click here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Feb 19 2019 6:43 AM | Locked

So it will be nice we get a date for when LG's 2019 TV is being launched. Yes - thumbs up

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Feb 19 2019 8:34 PM | Locked

Select Klipsch RP-440WC Reference Premiere HD Wireless Drive Center Speaker, requires a Klipsch
RP-HUB1 HD Wireless Control Center (sold separately), if the selected TV does not have WiSA compatibility. -
Click here. - Klipsch  WiSA HUB pdf Manuals - Click here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 3:44 PM | Locked

Millemissen:
Would be nice if people could share, when they find something WiSA related from CES 2019 -
there is so much going on there.....hard to get an overview.

MM

Summit wireless unveils WiSA ready platforms at CEC 2019. - Read more here.

ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 5:10 PM | Locked

Several of the post here has been about why have a Beoremote if I do not have Bevision. 

If you have a LG TV, a Beosound Core, Beolab Speakers, an AppleTV and a Beoremote One it will make sense. 

Of course this is not WiSA based.

Connect your Apple TV to the LG TV, connect the Beosound Core to the Apple TV. Then via bluetooth pair your Beosound Core with your Apple TV as a bluetooth player and then pair your Beoremote One BT with your AppleTV as remote controller. 

This setup assumes that you get all video content from your AppleTV including streaming live TV via apps on the Apple TV. And perhaps al TV soon will be only streaming.

Now your Beoremote One BT controls everything. The TV will automatic turn on and off via HDMI-CEC when you turn on the AppleTV with your Beoremote One. Sound will also be controlled with Beoremote One BT.

And you can also pair all your other B&O speakers like M3, M5 and also Essence with the same Beoremote One BT remote if you want. Then you control all via bluetooth if the range is not to big, but the bluetooth has a strong signal.

Then networklink will also work and Airplay2 if you prefer this for multiroom.

So if B&O will no longer produce TVs (which is sad) then they will probably launch some kind in BeoSound Core Plus device with WiSA support. 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 5:50 PM | Locked

Looking at the new Panasonic OLED range, with the Pro panel top model, suggests a post BV world has its upsides too.

And B&O will offer up some solution to using.a 3rd party screen with BV speakers.

What shape, form or control interface it comes with, time will tell - its tough to gauge the breadth of their ambition really in this area.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 6:57 PM | Locked

@ibg001

I’d definitely miss my center speaker and the BSys4 Audio Engine for managing my speakers.

No 2.0 setup for me!

And I would surely not want to be limited to an ATV for my watching!

@Sandyb

Having my audio up to notch (read: the B&O way) is more important to me than a ‘top modern’ tv.

In the worst case scenario I’d rather go for a BeoSystem 4 and feed the non-B&O tv with 1080P SD signal from there.

But, who says that the worst case scenario will happen 😉

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 7:41 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

@ibg001

I’d definitely miss my center speaker and the BSys4 Audio Engine for managing my speakers.

No 2.0 setup for me!

And I would surely not want to be limited to an ATV for my watching!

@Sandyb

Having my audio up to notch (read: the B&O way) is more important to me than a ‘top modern’ tv.

In the worst case scenario I’d rather go for a BeoSystem 4 and feed the non-B&O tv with 1080P SD signal from there.

But, who says that the worst case scenario will happen 😉

MM

Sure, everyone has their preferences, perfectly respect that.

Though the setup you describe above - you'd get no audio from the TV's smart apps. Seems a shame given smart platforms have become much better now, and fully featured. 

And at some point, the HDR itch will be difficult not to scratch for me, be that in 1 year or 3 years.

But anyway, B&O will come up with a multi channel hub of some sort - so a post BV world needn't be bad. If I can connect a Panasonic OLED to it, and still use my BL's and NL, happy days.

ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 7:53 PM | Locked

Why use apps on TV if you have a Apple TV. In the suggested setup the is only used as a display. 

Yes I acknowledge the point earlier mentioned about the center speaker. 

I do not have this setup myself. One of my friends have and is satisfied. 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 7:59 PM | Locked

Agreed, for now - yes its a fab platform.

But the others are and have improved, and I can see a world without peripherals not that far away.

Will Samsung really be the only one with iTunes Movies / TV in 2-3 years time, or will other TV's have it too?

Heck, even Blu-Rays may be gone in a few years (makes me sad, but can't stem the tide)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 7:59 PM | Locked

ibg001:

Yes I acknowledge the point earlier mentioned about the center speaker. 

I do not have this setup myself. One of my friends have and is satisfied. 

You won’t miss a center channel untill you have one.

Same as with a sub....unless - of course - you have a set of BL5/9/20/50/90

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 8:03 PM | Locked

Sandyb:

Heck, even Blu-Rays may be gone in a few years (makes me sad, but can't stem the tide)

Now tell me, how do I watch (my) concert videos....without a bluray player?

MM

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 9:26 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

Sandyb:

Now tell me, how do I watch (my) concert videos....without a bluray player?

MM

Not talking about legacy, or soon to be legacy products.

Talking about the future - there's apparently only one plant left in Mexico that presses discs for North America, Samsung are pulling out of making players, so its a reasonable chance that hardware brands are planning for a future sans discs.

Anyway, ports will remain to connect players for a long time yet - but thats not the point.  They'll become niche, not all titles will get released in premium formats, and / or they'll get expensive (logically).  The trend in sales is clear enough, won't reverse and will likely accelerate.

More broadly, the point is that AV brands would have designed peripheral connectivity as a primary consideration into their products. That's clearly going to be a secondary consideration going forward. Laptops are virtually port free, TV's will be so in 10 years.

And as it relates to B&O now, a chance that they'll leave PUC out of the future hub / sound centre, rely on CEC, and assume that a good proportion will just use in built apps on the connected smart TV, given how broad now is the range of apps they come with.  Not producing BV's, they may well feel less invested in ideal control scenarios of a bunch of peripherals...its a perfectly logical read across from exiting the BV business.

But let's not go over old ground, and for sake of repetition, I only make this point about PUC/CEC because many here assume its continuation, and I would suggest its more 50/50 at best.

Wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed now, would we..

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 9:44 PM | Locked

Old discussion, we know - let’s wait and see how things work out with B&O.

Still, my question was: ‘Now tell me, how do I watch (my) concert videos....without a bluray player?

No streaming service for that kind of video.
Whether I want it or not, I’ll have to rely on blurays/bluray players for that - as long as these exist.....I don’t mind, because the sound is the better, anyway.
Besides there are lots of movies, that you don’t find on the streaming services - they seem to focus on mainstream movies and endless, time-consuming series.
MM

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 10:14 PM | Locked
Yes and answered that - ports to connect a player will remain.

The world moves on, clinging to things we value in the past is all well and good, but I’d prefer to have a realistic outlook regardless of old habits.

Network Link will be gone sometime in the next 5-7 years, and other things will be de-emphasised or substituted , be that PUC or whatever.

retrenchment is the game, I see zero reason why B&O are immune, the exit from BVs being indicative.

But they’ll still survive on core competencies, which is no bad thing.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 10:35 PM | Locked

Sorry, asking for concert videos (on discs) hasn’t got anything to do with ‘clinging to things we value in the past‘.

Give me a streaming (or download) service with what I today can buy in an equivalent quality, and I’ll be glad to give up on discs.

I have moved to streaming music long ago - only buy a cd very seldom, when I can’t find it online.

My CD’s (a lot) stay in their boxes - I don’t even bother to play them off my rips.

This is not about clinging to the past!

By the way - what are the core competencies of B&O,......that would be a subject for another thread!

MM

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 20 2019 11:24 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

Sorry, asking for concert videos (on discs) hasn’t got anything to do with ‘clinging to things we value in the past‘.

Give me a streaming (or download) service with what I today can buy in an equivalent quality, and I’ll be glad to give up on discs.

I have moved to streaming music long ago - only buy a cd very seldom, when I can’t find it online.

My CD’s (a lot) stay in their boxes - I don’t even bother to play them off my rips.

This is not about clinging to the past!

By the way - what are the core competencies of B&O,......that would be a subject for another thread!

MM

The world is moving on from discs - doesn't mean they'll disappear, they'lll just become niche, more expensive etc......you'll still be able to play them, thats not the point. 

I'll summarise : when people discuss future product iterations, your response is generally characterised as celebrating or emphasising things they have done (in many cases well) in the past, and rejecting the idea that some of things will or have fallen by the wayside.  As I've said before, you setup is largely not new, and if you'd start from scratch you'd be less enthused. 

I actually don't differ from you in many respects,i really do appreciate many of the same things, its just that I have a different assessment of how things will evolve. I don't especially want PUC (yes that example again) to disappear - I just think there's a good chance it will.

The response to this idea from many here is to cry "no, they can't move on from PUC"....these are exactly the responses people always give before things change, and are generally proved wrong, so regardless of my preferences, I'd rather not keep my head buried in the sand.

Was it Chistian on the podcast who said that people don't use NL very much.......that will go as well, not in the immediate future, but not as far away as people think. But let's not go there now, as I'm sure you'd like a restful nights sleep.

ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 5:53 AM | Locked

I have one. 

A soundbar for center with a new type BeoSound Core with all sound channels might be what we will see if there will be no BeoVision anymore. 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 6:09 AM | Locked

@ Millemissen. Enjoy your BV Avant 55 ", the two BL 6000 ML II and your V1 Play TV.
Dream just that B&O grows big again no one will prevent you in. The world goes on.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:17 AM | Locked

Personally, only the rear speaker I want WiSA wireless. With an AVR connected,
I will be able to use cables for the other speakers in my 5.1 setup.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:17 AM | Locked

ibg001:

I have one. 

A soundbar for center with a new type BeoSound Core with all sound channels might be what we will see if there will be no BeoVision anymore. 

A BeoSystem Core, then 😉

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:21 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

Personally, only the rear speaker I want WiSA wireless. With an AVR connected,
I will be able to use cables for the other speakers in my 5.1 setup.

No problem - get yourself a Transmitter 1 and - depending on your rear speakers - two Reveiver 1’s.

B&O has made that possible for years now (but only in one colour).

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:50 AM | Locked

@ Millemissen.
No Transmitter 1 to me. I don't want to start with the B & O's ecosystem now. B & O's suport may disappear already tomorrow. Confused

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:00 AM | Locked

B&O ecosystem’....hmmm - thats just a WiSA-compliant sender.

Please name me another way to get a WiSA connection to the rears from a receiver?

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:04 AM | Locked

LG 2019 OLED TV, All models have the same WiSA options.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:12 AM | Locked

What if you don't want an LG OLED?

All this talk of WISA is fine, I'm happy its getting a bit more traction - though I'd emphasise "a bit".

But if you want an OLED from Sony or Panasonic, the question becomes the broader one i.e. what audio connection hub will B&O produce, and will it come with a centre speaker.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:16 AM | Locked
Millemissen:

get yourself a Transmitter 1 ......

B&O has made that possible for years now (but only in one colour).

MM

Oddly enough I was only thinking yesterday that it would be nice if the transmitter came in black. Mine is quite visible if it is to maintain a half decent connection with my BL18s and 19. Black would be much more discrete.

It has been explained to me that it is a product that is meant to be hidden but unfortunately it doesn’t work particularly well if it is.
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:18 AM | Locked

LG 2019 OLED TV, All models have the same WiSA options.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:34 AM | Locked

Sandyb:

What if you don't want an LG OLED?

All this talk of WISA is fine, I'm happy its getting a bit more traction - though I'd emphasise "a bit".

But if you want an OLED from Sony or Panasonic, the question becomes the broader one i.e. what audio connection hub will B&O produce, and will it come with a centre speaker.

Sure enough - but after all this is an ‘LG 2019 OLED.....’ thread.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:36 AM | Locked

@ Peter Pan

That has been possible for ages now.

You don’t need no eARC, WiSA or LG OLED for that.

MM

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:45 AM | Locked

That was my thought - what was new about that setup?

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:46 AM | Locked

Sandyb - What if you don't want an LG OLED ?

@Sandyb

There is no doubt I want a LG OLED TV. If so then the R version will time show.
My BV 7 hopefully keeps it as long as I have the opportunity to make a choice. Yes - thumbs up

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:51 AM | Locked

Understand that, though the discussion has morphed a bit into integrating non-BV's with BV audio.

LG WISA implementation is a nice option I guess, but way short of where we are now, so I don't get the excitement.

Especially as it's LG specific, and I'm more interested in waiting for a B&O audio processing solution to the broader question, which hopefully won't we LG specific.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:55 AM | Locked

You won't get a 55 inch rollable, for the thousandth time. And it's not designed to be integrated into a 5.1 setup, again.

Anyway, I'd prefer to chose my TV brand. LG's are interesting because of their OS, though they tend to lose out to Panasonic and Sony when it comes to picture quality. 

So I'd prefer to keep and open mind and chose.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 11:06 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

Sandyb - What if you don't want an LG OLED ?

@Sandyb

There is no doubt I want a LG OLED TV. If so then the R version will time show.
My BV 7 hopefully keeps it as long as I have the opportunity to make a choice. Yes - thumbs up

Seems to me that Peter Pan will be doomed to stick to his BV7-40 MK3 setup.

And.....why not just relax, let go of speculating and enjoy that.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 1:00 PM | Locked

@ Millemissen
I don't just relax. This is not how you keep a thread going. A thread I started because of my interest in the subject.

I learn some of the posts I come with, and what I am looking for online. I would like to be as prepared as possible,
until the day it ends with my B&O thing. Contrary to you, I no longer think that something useful from B&O will come.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 1:28 PM | Locked

Meanwhile all is said about the LG’s and WiSA and Atmos!

No option to mix and match wired and wireless/WiSA connections there.

The R-OLED is a complete unit with no need (or possibility) for additional wireless or wired speakers - no real Atmos.

It will probably never come in a 55” version and most likely it won’t come to Denmark at all.

In order to benefit from Atmos from the LG-tv’s, you will need an external Atmos enabled receiver (WiSA won’t help you there) and a bunch of speakers....

.....or a pseudo-Atmos soundbar.

Maybe it is time for you to do like Sandy - start hoping for something magical coming from the guys in Struer.

MM

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 2:10 PM | Locked

Indeed - hope for an audio processing hub from B&O or start planning for a mix of B&O / non B&O components, though I'm sure the first will happen.

Peter - your enthusiasm makes no sense to those who enjoy an integrated multi room B&O setup. LG's WISA implementation is horribly short of that, but if that is the scope of your ambition, so be it.

MM (and I) tried to tell you, before confirmation, that it wouldn't be mix and match of wired and wisa.

The evidence that we have strongly suggests no Rollable 55, and why it makes no sense in a 5.1 set up - not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 3:04 PM | Locked

Millemissen / Sandyb
When heart in my B&O setup (BeoVision 7-40 "Mk III) does not beat anymore.
Need a new TV. Rollable LG 65" TV for the lady, or maybe the LG OLED55C9PUA for me.
When a LG C7 TV is good enough for Bang & Olufsen, a LG C9 TV Available in 55" is also good enough for me.

Peter - your enthusiasm makes no sense to those who enjoy an integrated multi room B&O setup.
@ Sandyb
This is not my problem, it must be a B&O problem.

Page 9 of 25 (966 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS