Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 5 / Beomaster 5 Newbie - how best to use with a modern mac?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg Posted: Thu, May 14 2020 5:29 AM

I hooking up a BS5/BM5 for the first time. I was unable to get Beoconnect to run on my 64 bit mac running Catalina - Apparently it is not compatible with a 64 bit processor. I was able to get installed on an older Mac running El Capitan. However, it went looking for "beoplayer.com" to startup and that website appears to no longer exist. What are my best options?

Thanks,

Gregg

wogga383
Not Ranked
Posts 41
Bronze Member
wogga383 replied on Sat, May 16 2020 5:51 AM

Beoconnect stopped working with Macs years ago Gregg, very frustrating that B&O didn't keep going with updates. You will have to use the Beosound 5 like an external hard drive on your network. Upload your albums to the music folder and they will play as you would expect them to. Can be a very slow process so don't copy and paste your collection in one go. Good luck there can be a bit of faffing to find it on your network, don't you will need the password you get on the 5.

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Tue, May 19 2020 12:45 AM

Thank you - I just figured out how to do this and it works fine. To recap for people running modern mac software, like Catalina - this is what you need to do. (This is listed elsewhere in the forums as well).

This assumes you have a Beomaster 5/BS 5 setup. Both the BM5 and Mac need to be connected to the same network. 

First, on the BS5 go to SETTINGS/NETWORK INFO and get the IP Address (something like 10.0.1.120)

Open a Finder window, open the GO tab, and Select CONNECT TO SERVER. Enter the IP address. You may get a request to enter a username and password. Username is BM-USER, password is whatever it is. You can set it if you don't know it in the SERVICE MODE. 

The Beomaster 5 will come up as a network destination in the finder, navigate to the MUSIC folder. Then go to the MUSIC folder on the mac, and copy the folder for each album to the Beomaster 5 MUSIC folder. 

johnjsmoothie
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Hi Gregg

I to have just acquired a beosound 5 and I am unable to connect my Mac running Catalina to the beosound 5 and Beo master the problem is the password I go into connect to server put in 

BM-USER but I don't know password do I need to get it from previous owner or you say go to 

service mode but I do not see it on screen where is it not that clever with computers but any help

would be appreciated.

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Wed, Jul 15 2020 1:23 AM

You need to download the service manual from the Beoworld site - it has instructions to get into service mode. If you’re not silver or gold, you’ll need to upgrade membership. 
good luck,

gregg 

eugeneh
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
eugeneh replied on Thu, Mar 18 2021 9:13 PM

You can easily change the BM-USER password through the Beosound 5 but going to the advanced settings.  You get to that dialing to Mode, and then Settings, but before selecting GO, click the > button twice, then select GO.

This time in Settings you will see additional options including Network Settings, and here you can reset the password to one you want.

I did this and worked fine.   The only other trick, is that after you have added the last letter of your password, spin all the way to the bottom and select STORE.  This will save the new password.

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Wed, May 26 2021 5:37 PM

@eugeneh and @johnjsmoothie

To enter advanced settings, POINT to (but do not enter) Settings Mode and tap > < > < and GO, now you get additional menus and you can change the password.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS