Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 18 and Beosound Core

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

campirol
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
campirol Posted: Tue, Feb 2 2021 10:14 AM

Dear All,

I'm new here, and I have a simple question.

Is there any way to connect my Beolab 18 speakers with a Beosound Core in a wireless mode?

Is there any accessory required?

Thank you for your help!

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:38 PM

The Core cannot stream wirelessly, unfortunately. If you want a B&O product, you’d need the Transmitter 1. I hope that helps. 

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

campirol
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Thank you for your answer Curly.

Do you mean I need both (the Core and the Transmitter 1) or just the Transmitter 1?

Reason being I am happy with the Core, but I'd like to move the speakers in a different place in my room, where it would be difficult to connect the Core.

Thank you again.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Feb 2 2021 2:50 PM

You need both. Core is the sound source, wired to the Transmitter that transmits the sound to the WISA speakers or Receivers 1.

There are other Wisa transmitters in the market such as SoundSend by Wisa Association, I personally have no idea if they could be used as smoothly as the TR1 in a 100% B&O setup, but worth checking.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

campirol
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Thank you for your help, all clear!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS