Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 7 32 died

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Dipper01
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Dipper01 Posted: Sun, Aug 29 2021 10:44 AM

Sitting watching telly the other night and a loud crack came from the back of the tv, then nothing. The plug fuse was blown, so out of curiosity, (I Know), I replaced the fuse and another loud crack then death to the telly.

Has anyone had this problem? Is it terminal? Can it be repaired without the need for a mortgage?

I thank you sincerely for even reading this.

Ravsted
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Ravsted replied on Sun, Aug 29 2021 7:45 PM

In Denmark you can get a BV7-32 TV (without stand, speaker etc.) for 15€ (MK1) to 75€ (MK3) ... I don't know where you are located ... but at least in DK reparing those TV's does not make sense.

Dipper01
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Dipper01 replied on Sun, Aug 29 2021 11:16 PM

Wow. I live in Northern Ireland and there are none for that sort of money. It would be cheaper for me to drive to Denmark and home at €15 - €75, I could even have a months holiday in Copenhagen. And still save money!

Ravsted
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Ravsted replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 8:02 AM

Big Smile

And it's not even a joke:

https://www.dba.dk/beovision-7-32-mk3-udgave/id-504926417/

There are plenty of them.

(dba.dk is Danish for ebay)

Dipper01
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Dipper01 replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 9:27 AM

I have just looked at dba and really cannot believe those prices for Beovisions. Proves a point that most of the tech stuff is sourced from ordinary companies. Surely some kind technician could repair these.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Tue, Aug 31 2021 10:10 PM

Dipper01:

I have just looked at dba and really cannot believe those prices for Beovisions. Proves a point that most of the tech stuff is sourced from ordinary companies. Surely some kind technician could repair these.

It is the old story of "supply and demand"... There were sold lots of those TV's in Denmark back then - that's why the prices are low now. The low prices today does not "prove the point" that the tech stuff  was sourced from other companies. These older Beovisions were manufactured in Denmark with B&O's own circuit-boards. Not just something "off the shelves" from other companies put in a nice frame, like the newer ones.

Only few were sold in Ireland - that's why prices are high on the second-hand market there.

Off course a technician can repair them - the question is, if it will be worth it concidering the age of the TV. In Denmark there would be no doubt - just scrap the TV and buy another one. In most other countries, you must really love this specific TV to spend a lot of money to get it "up and running" again.

Anyway - I guess that B&O is the only brand, which TV's can still be sold when they are 15-20 years old Wink

Dipper01
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

I understand all that.

My main problem is I need the tv to play music from my Beosound 3200.

If I could find a way to connect the Beosound along with the five speakers and sub to a modern tv I'd be very happy to sell the tv on for parts.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder

Maybe you can find someone who is willing to take his old (scrap) BV7 apart. Take out the powersupplyboard and send it over. Try to find the same version BV7, as there are minor changes in the sockets.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS