Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 7000 Repair Queries

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

beo_novice
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
beo_novice Posted: Sun, Oct 17 2021 6:30 PM

Hello all, new to the forum! Smile

My Dad has asked me to have a look at his Beocord 7000 (owned from new) which unfortunately isn't working properly any more.  Thanks Dad!  The drawer opens and closes fine and the tape player makes a noise but does not work.

I have dismantled to access the tape deck which I have lifted up to see the brass wheel and white wheel on the underside.  I removed the elastic band linking these the wheels.  When I press play the white wheel spins clockwise.  The same happens when I press fast forward or reverse.  The stop button does not stop it.  Only switching off the power will stop the wheel.  It also spins for a few seconds when switching the power back on and then stops.

Everything else moves ok manually but none of the buttons will get the tape spindles to operate or the large silver wheels with the thick belt to move.  None of the other functions works from the buttons (eg auto reverse etc).

I am wary of dismantling the deck further (eg removing the metal cover with the brass wheel) as this looks very fiddly to put back together and I don't have new belts for the large wheels.  It also seems that it may be something more complex than just a new belt to fix it.

Can anyone with experience throw any light on this for me please?  Many thanks in advance!

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Tue, Oct 19 2021 12:42 PM

Beocord 7000 belt replacement tutorial - (beoworld.org)

But be careful with the black plastic part under the tape. The large part held by the 4 corner screws.

This is very brittle now, so when you loosen the 4 screws, do it very carefully, and hold on as close to the screws as possible on the plastic, so you don't twist the plastic to much.

It all breaks very easily into many pieces, and there is no spares to be found.

When you screw the screws back in, make sure to use the same screws for each hole, and use the same threads, so you turn the screw backwards until you feel it hits the threads, and then turn it slowly tight again, but better stop too soon than tighten to much, this also breaks the plastic.

/Weebyx

beo_novice
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply Weebyx!

I have changed the belts with parts supplied but this hasn't improved the situation unfortunately.  All buttons seem to elicit the same response - the white wheel (connected by a small band to the brass wheel) turns clockwise at speed when the band is not in place as described above.  Otherwise still nothing.

The display responds to the following:

Dolby button cycles through B, C and off.

The auto reverse button shows a flicker of an attempt to change sides from 1 to 2 but then gives up.

If you double press fast forward or rewind you get a strobing of the LEDs on the left of the display.

Does anyone know what I might be able to test to try and isolate the problem further?

With the wealth of experience on here does it sound like this unit has just reached the end of its (warm and lightly used) life?

TIA.

Birgerg
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Birgerg replied on Thu, Oct 21 2021 5:38 PM

Are there any of the other Beocord decks that have the same plastic in the tape transport? I was going to change pelts on mine 7000 and lost the plastic part on to the takeup roller. Crack! And I have not been able to get that into position again Crying

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS