Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connecting to Beomaster 5 with MacOS in 2022

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Dimshek
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Dimshek Posted: Tue, Jan 18 2022 12:35 PM

Hello community! 

I am a new owner of a Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 pair. I got the system second hand, naturally, and I am currently trying to find a way to replace the existing music collection with my own since the original collection is just a junkyard of badly structured media. 

From what I saw, the existing apps (beoconnect) don't work with new OS (macOS Monterey) and I do have an old laptop with Windows 7 on it, but not sure if beoconnect would work there either. 

Anyone here managed to connect Mac OS to the system? I haven't connected the beomaster to the local network (just plugged in the ethernet cable to my router but it is not yet connected) and overall I'm just starting to try and get a grasp of the amount of work to be done. 

Ideally I'd prefer to install the SSD early on (it seems that there are a few threads about it here) and upload the collection straight to it, but the main question right now is the connection. 

I would appreciate any advice,

Thanks! 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS