Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSound 5 Lost radio stations

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

HW
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
HW Posted: Sun, Jan 23 2022 1:54 PM

Hi everyone, since about 2 months my BS5 lost 4 of 5 of my favorit (german) radio stations. May be more if you have more favorite stations stored. I ask my B&O store what happens but they have no answer. It seems that the internet addresses have changed. B&O in Denmark will not solve this problem !

Does anyone have the same problems? Any ideas how to solve that?

PS: I'm a german and german answers will be welcome.

Bouncer
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
Bouncer replied on Sun, Jan 23 2022 1:57 PM

I have the same problem in Asia too.

Gaea
Not Ranked
South of Netherlands
Posts 72
Gold Member
Gaea replied on Sun, Jan 23 2022 3:17 PM

I had the same for 2 stations, I sent a message via their support webpage with the right station url.

And they fixed it a few days later.

Beosound 5 Encore, Beolab 3, Beolab 11, Beosound Balance Non GVA, H9i

Gaea
Not Ranked
South of Netherlands
Posts 72
Gold Member
Gaea replied on Sun, Jan 23 2022 3:17 PM

I had the same for 2 stations, I sent a message via their support webpage with the right station url.

And they fixed it a few days later.

HW
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
HW replied on Sun, Jan 23 2022 3:49 PM

Dear Gaea. Can you please give us the website address there you send your request to B&O. What do you mean with "rigth station url" ? And how do they fix it? Did you got a software update for your BS5? Or do you have change some settings an your BS5?

Gaea
Not Ranked
South of Netherlands
Posts 72
Gold Member
Gaea replied on Sun, Jan 23 2022 4:16 PM

Go to B&O website —> suppurt —> customer care —> scroll all the way down and click on the left side on the message form.

Write a message where you ask them to correct the radio station url, and give the proper station url.

Look up the proper station url on your favorite radio station’s website and copy it into the message.

The BS5 firmware has nothing to do with it.

The radio stations are located on the B&O server, The BS5 downloads the list from B&O everytime you turn on the BS5.

If I’m correct…

HW
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
HW replied on Sun, Jan 23 2022 4:44 PM

Ok. Thank you. I asked my B&O store to do that. They have other customer with the same problem also with other radio stations. I will report the result .. can take some days.

Joerg1900
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem. Nachfolgende Lösung hat geholfen. Ich helfe Ihnen sehr gerne einmal weiter, nachdem wir nun die Informationen erhalten haben, müssen Sie einmal wie folgt vorgehen:

> Wählen Sie anhand des Zeigers MODUS aus.
> Drehen Sie das Rad, um EINSTELLUNG auszuwählen.
> Drücken Sie Pfeil rechts, Pfeil links, Pfeil rechts, Pfeil links und dann GO (in schneller Folge).
> Wählen Sie anhand des Zeigers WARTUNG aus, dann SERVICE-MENÜ und drücken dann bitte GO.
> Ihr Beosound 5 wird nun in das "Windows XP embedded OS" booten.
> Verbinden Sie nun eine USB-MAus mit Ihrem Beomaster 5.
> Klicken Sie mit der rechten Maustaste auf "START", wählen Sie EXPLORE (anzeigen) und navigieren Sie zu "E:\Cache\Data"
> Rechtsklicken Sie nun auf "nradio.db" und wählen Sie "löschen".

HW
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
HW replied on Sun, Feb 6 2022 1:31 PM

Solution (menus in german - sorry):

start BS5

use the wheel and goto Modus then Einstellungen

press rigth left rigth left GO

so you got extended functionality .. more menu items

move wheel to Wartung

there move wheel to Datenbank löschen

select Ein then press GO

BS5 turned off and comes back after so 2 minutes

the lost radio stations are back but the icons are missing - takes some hours until the icons are back - wait..

BAD: with this procedure you lost your colored favorites and all station numbers and resetting the old station numbers (select station and press GO for some seconds) to the old numbers (if you note that before) does not work any more. Yet no solution for this ;(

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS