Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Problem with Beosound 9000 Door..

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member
MediaBobNY Posted: Sun, Apr 20 2014 2:13 PM

I've got a BS 9000 with a door problem.  It opens/closes properly in all positions except flat on its back.  When in this position the door will begin to lift normally, but at some point it will drop back down.  If I support it as it's going up, all is okay but if I let go the weight of it will cause it to drop down.  When this happens the door moves freely until I put it back into its 'indent' position.  It's as if it's coming out of some 'gear indent' position and needs to be clamped more tightly.  

Is there an adjustment for this?  When I open the door I see some kind of screw adjustment on the hinges on each side.  Are they relevant?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sun, Apr 20 2014 4:49 PM

You need to replace the belt itself. Clean the (motor)pulleys.

FYI, the glass panel can be opened and closed the remove the cd's without the BS9000 connected to the power. That's what you're feeling.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Apr 20 2014 5:04 PM

It's a known fault. It's a cam which B&O made of plastic which burrs, resulting in the symptoms you describe.

There's a revised repair kit where the part is made of metal (I think) instead.

Lee

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

Beobuddy:

FYI, the glass panel can be opened and closed the remove the cd's without the BS9000 connected to the power. That's what you're feeling.

Did not know that but it makes sense in the event the thing dies.

Thank you both, but I sense the repair is not a do-it-yourselfer (for me anyway).   'Was hoping there was a simple adjustment screw to get it to clamp the door more firmly.

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

It's a known fault. It's a cam which B&O made of plastic which burrs, resulting in the symptoms you describe.

There's a revised repair kit where the part is made of metal (I think) instead.

Lee

I seem to remember having to replace the motor module to get this fault repaired. However it is several years ago and my memory has been affected by several bouts of radio therapy!

Regards Graham

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 11:38 AM

Just start with replacing the belt and cleaning the pulleys with alcohol.

Most units I get where vertically placed on a stand. So the gears didn't have to work hard. You always can replace the gear with a € 250,- costing replacement.

A belt is much cheaper.....

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

It was previously positioned vertically on a floor stand.   But the problem isn't that it does't have the strength to lift the door when flat on its back.  The problem is that whatever is grasping the door lets go before fully opening (and a $350 gear replacement isn't gonna happen..)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS