Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 6500 Turntable arm problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

jboeskov
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
jboeskov Posted: Sun, Aug 3 2014 3:53 PM

Hi, got a real nice 6500 turntable, with a small problem: the arm, when start is pushed, drops just before the outer groove of the LP, dropping unto the alunminum base of the turntable. Not good for the stulys I imagine. How can this be adjusted? Otherwise the turntable is perfect, so I'm hoping to be able to fix this... 

Many thanks, 

jonas 

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Hi Jonas, Welcome to the forum

There is a good manual onsite for silver and gold members.

Before adjusting anything I suggest you open the BG and give it a good cleaning and lubricate it, then check again, a couple of new belts, also is part of a good service, belts you can get from Martin (Dillen on the forum)

Here how to adjust set down points (from the manual)

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

jboeskov
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Thanks!!!

jboeskov
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Hi, which parts need lubrication? The machine looks 'all new' inside, the arm mechanism having some white grease on it. Should I clean this off and re-grease? 

Your input is much appreciated, 

Jonas 

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

You really should get the manual, there are too many points to list here. I use silicone grease and Liquid bearings, sewing machine oil will also do. Clean off old grease and dust, where old grease are present, add grease after cleaning, the 2 tonearm drive shafts I gave silicone grease, the platter shaft i gave silicone grease at the bottom end and oil on rest of the shaft, use only very small amounts. Use ISP (isoprophyl alcohol) or mineral spirit for cleaning.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

These later tangentials aren't known to suffer from need of lubrication that much, so I would leave these things well alone if the deck works. Too many chances for a beginner to turn a perfectly fine turntable into one that needs expert work and spare parts.

Adjust the drop points as explained and enjoy your records! Worry about problems if/when they arise.

--mika

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

I am going to adjust the set-down. But I don´t understand the above drawing. Could someone clarify it for me?

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS