Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 900k stereo decoder module

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

soundsretro
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
soundsretro Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:22 PM

Well, the £5 Beomaster 900K I got from eBay is now working nicely - might need trimming up on FM but it works well and sounds great.... I love it.

And, a few days ago, was lucky enough (again, courtesy of Fleabag) to acquire what I think must be a rare-as-hens-teeth stereo decoder module, new, in its original B+O box! Not expensive (19 GB pounds), and I'm now waiting for spare time to install it and hope that it might just work!.... SteveBig Smile

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi,

It would be very interesting to see this decoder in its original box. Are you sure it is for BM900? Please post few pictures of it. We love pictures Smile

Thanks

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

soundsretro
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member

Well, here's the pic (courtesy of the eBay seller's listing. It arrived today and is exactly as pictures, plus a little envelope of screws which, I assume, are to fix the mounting bracket in place...

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:28 PM

Well done for grabbing that, I saw it too and fancied it but forgot to bid in the end!

soundsretro
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member

Glad you did  Smile

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

soundsretro:

Well, here's the pic (courtesy of the eBay seller's listing. It arrived today and is exactly as pictures, plus a little envelope of screws which, I assume, are to fix the mounting bracket in place...

Very nice find!

I never saw this decoder in his own box. I know it was an option on BM900 but I didn't know that they were packed and sold as own product.

I wish I could find something like this for my Dirigent 609K or Minette 609K.

Thanks again for the picture Steve Yes - thumbs up

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Christian Christensen
Top 150 Contributor
Stockholm
Posts 512
Bronze Member

Interesting...it says stereo decoder for Beomaster 900-1000.....

My re-capped M75 are my precious diamonds.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:35 AM

Christian Christensen:

Interesting...it says stereo decoder for Beomaster 900-1000.....

Yes, at least one type of them was used for both Beomasters. The main (only?) difference was the mounting bracket.

--mika

soundsretro
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member

I'm hoping to get some time this week (and a clear bench in the workshop!) to fit the decoder module, so will let you know how i get on. Incidentally, still looking for knobs for the 900...... Steve

soundsretro
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member

Wonderful! Smile Forum member Richard Allan scrapped a damaged 900 FOUR YEARS ago but retained the loose items - like the knobs.... Saw the post on here saying he'd done this and contacted him in the vain hope he might still have them. He HAS! So now I finally have a set of original knobs too!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS