Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Amazon FireTV PUC for Avant55. Does it work?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Alphasierra
Not Ranked
Hong Kong
Posts 13
Bronze Member
Alphasierra Posted: Wed, Jun 3 2015 4:36 AM

Hi all,

I'm looking to get the Amazon FireTV and use it with the Avant55. I want the BeoOne remote to control the FireTV. I have downloaded the Amazon FireTV PUC via the TV. 

My current PUC1 plug has two IR sensors wires (A/B) so I've allocated sensor B for the FireTV since A is used for my payTV box. Is this correct? 

My question is... Since the Amazon FireTV receives signals via bluetooth from it's native remote, how can the BeoOne Remote, which operates via IR actually work? 

Of interest, I have tried the Amazon FireTV stick (connected via HDMI and uses bluetooth connectivity) however the Amazon FireTV PUC I downloaded does not appear to be compatible with it. Maybe I connected the PUC incorrectly or maybe it needs another PUC specifically for the FireTV stick??

I am slightly confused since people recommend using Flirc to transfer bluetooth inputs to IR. Is this required at all for the Amazon FireTV and BeoOne Remote? Surely this is not necessary??

https://flirc.tv/product/flirc/ 

Any info or support would be great

Thankyou

Giraffe
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Giraffe replied on Wed, Jun 3 2015 8:15 AM
Yes, you indeed would have to use something like Flirc to receive the IR signals and have them forwarded to the Fire TV box. I'm using Flirc myself with a BV11 and it works great.

Unfortunately, the FireTV Stick does not possess an USB port, so the above mentioned way will not work with the stick.
Alphasierra
Not Ranked
Hong Kong
Posts 13
Bronze Member

Ok, great thank you.

Yes that is why I think I'll get the Amazon FireTV because it has a USB port where as the Fire Stick I currently have doesn't.

Would you be able to provide a little more info or even a pic?

Did you download the AmazonFireTV PUC onto your BV11? 

How did you program the B&O remote? (Beo4 or BeoOne Remote)

Thank you

Giraffe
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Giraffe replied on Wed, Jun 3 2015 11:38 AM
You will have to install the Lirc programming software on a Laptop, plug the Lirc dongle into an USB port and attach the PuC cable to the Lirc dongle so that every IR signal that is coming from the PuC controller can be received by the Lirc dongle.

Then you select the FireTV PuC on the Avant for that PuC port you chose to connect the Lirc dongle with. The programming software of the Lirc dongle will then walk you through a learning process during which you have to press the buttons on your remote that you would like to connect to the FireTV functions. This should work fine both for the Beo4 or Beo1.

I'm really happy with the result - no noticeable lags, even the key repeat functionality works if you press a button for a longer while.
Alphasierra
Not Ranked
Hong Kong
Posts 13
Bronze Member

Thank you, it's very much appreciated.

I'll order the components and pick them up next week. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS