Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 5000 (Type 4705) hinged lid reassembly help!

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 340
Bronze Member
MrRoast Posted: Mon, Jan 16 2017 7:49 AM

I've finally got round to replacing the belts (courtesy of Martin) on my Beocord 5000. Everything kind of works - but not 100% as it should Big Smile I've experienced a couple of tape chewings so far!

Anyway when I disassembled it, using Rudy/Beolover's invaluable guide, I removed the hinged cover and the torsion spring pinged out. Not trying to put it back on I can't for the life of me (or the service manual) figure out how the spring should be correctly positioned! It's been driving me bonkers!

I have a type 4517 but this is missing the spring so no use as a reference!

Any help/pictures greatly appreciated!

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 340
Bronze Member
MrRoast replied on Sat, Jan 28 2017 6:34 PM
Anyone? I've tried it again with reference pictures from another unit but can't understand how the cover can be put in place with the spring torsioned.

It's driving me crazy! [:\'(]
Jerryege
Not Ranked
Posts 41
Bronze Member
Jerryege replied on Sat, Feb 12 2022 2:24 PM

I'm assuming as its 5 years old that you worked this out in the end.

Its a bit of a fiddle and I found it easier with the cassette chassis removed for more room.

With the lid installed I removed the silver metal plate that holds the hook end on the bar first, then loosen the center lid screw from the back. There is a thin slot which accepts the bent end of the bar. Slide the bent end into this slot and tighten the centre screw again.

Next slot the hook end into which ever hole you fancy. The top being the strongest spring, (this worked for me) then twist the plate clockwise from the right hand side to put pressure on lid in the up position. Bit fiddly but aline the silver plate and screw in for the back. Make sure it is adjusted over as far left (from the back) as possible so it can't slip out.

That's it. Just one other note of caution. Take care when adjusting the lid fit that the bent end doesn't come out during the height adjustment.

Probably not the only way and maybe not the best, but it worked for me.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS