Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovox S75 Tweeters

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 2,040
Silver Member
Craig Posted: Mon, Jan 15 2018 8:01 AM

I have been approached by a chap who has a pair of Beovox S75 speakers which have suffered a failure of both tweeters, sounds odd for both to have failed I know, however he has asked if he sends them to me can they be repaired, never having seen one I cant say if its possible to do this.......anyone have any experience with these units......Martin I'm looking at you ;¬)

Regards Craig

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 8:13 AM

In some cases, the break is between the coil and the solder tab. A fairly easy repair.
If the break is inside the coil, a new diapraghm must be fitted. I have never done this myself in this type of tweeter.

Martin

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 2,040
Silver Member
Craig replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 8:35 AM

Martin

Thank you for that....I will advise the fellow accordingly, If he chooses I will attempt the solder tab method, if its a diaphragm replacement I will suggest he looks for  replacement tweeters. I will chronicle the experience if it develops into an exercise.

Regards Craig

Bob Marley
Not Ranked
Posts 71
Bronze Member

Hi Martin I see your name mentioned in nearly every thread.

I am the guy who needs his Beovox S75 fixing, it is just one tweeter that is dead the rectangle shape one.

There is no brand name on it but from my online research I'm assuming it is a Audax / Peerless or Seas, does anyone know which one it is? Maybe I can just purchase a replacement of ebay.

I can attempt a repair as I have nothing to loose I can unscrew the tweeter how will I identify a break between coil and solder tab will it be visible?

My last tweeter repair resulted in me being unable to correctly line the coil and magnet back correctly!

But in this situation I have nothing to lose.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 3:10 PM

The tweeter is a Peerless KO10DT 4 Ohm.
Used in Beovox S60 and Beovox S75.
Note that most of the tweeters you'll find of this type are 8 Ohm and not suitable.

Martin 

Bob Marley
Not Ranked
Posts 71
Bronze Member

I got lucky and found that tweeter for £15!

Now I got bigger hi end equipment but more faults to deal with.

Please see my post for my Beogram 4002 tone arm is not moving.

And another post for my Beovox M75 decayed woofer surrounds, do you know where I can get the replacements?

Thanks very much for helping me!

Flerbizky
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Flerbizky replied on Thu, Feb 21 2019 11:52 PM

Hi,

Instead of starting a new thread:

I'm doing a small resto job on a set of S75s, and it's looks like they've seen a small amount of moisture* - not directly, but enough for a what appears to be spots in the paint on the tweeter (both in fully working order). Before I break anything - is it possible to separate the pieces so I can give the front plate a quick do-over with some fine grit sandpaper and a couple coats of black?.

Thought I'd better ask before I break something ( :

Cheers, and thanks.

* another sign of moisture was a bit of "fungus" on the magnets. Strangely enough, only on the tweeters - nothing to see on any other driver nor on the cabinets which looks more than decent.

Flerbizky
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Flerbizky replied on Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:12 AM

Just adding a picture.

https://imgur.com/CCczFmO.jpg

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Fri, Feb 22 2019 11:39 AM
It looks like the leads for the tweeter are embedded into the grooves on the face plate, so should not be separated.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Flerbizky
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Flerbizky replied on Fri, Feb 22 2019 3:07 PM

Yeah. That's my thinking as well, so another plan has been cooked up - I'll keep you posted ;)

And thank you!

Flerbizky
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Flerbizky replied on Thu, Feb 28 2019 12:08 AM

In case you're interested, my solution is posted in my S75 thread: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/36375/271649.aspx#271649

Flerbizky
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Flerbizky replied on Thu, Feb 28 2019 12:08 AM

Double post.

*slow claps*

toothpix
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hello, forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but would this (M&K Miller & Kreisel 17050 Silk Dome Tweeter Peerless 4 OHM) work to replace a tweeter on a Beovox S75? As you said, I'm only finding 8 Ohm versions of the KO10DT and can't currently find the 4 Ohm version  of that exact part number anywhere.

Also, the soldering connections on the tweeter that isn't working look good to me. Is there something else that could be causing the tweeter (only) to fail? 

Completely new to speaker repair. Trying to give a second life into my dad's 40 year old pair of s75s. Thanks.

toothpix
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hello, forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but would this (M&K Miller & Kreisel 17050 Silk Dome Tweeter Peerless 4 OHM) work to replace a tweeter on a Beovox S75? As you said, I'm only finding 8 Ohm versions of the KO10DT and can't currently find the 4 Ohm version  of that exact part number anywhere.

Also, the soldering connections on the tweeter that isn't working look good to me. Is there something else that could be causing the tweeter (only) to fail? 

Completely new to speaker repair. Trying to give a second life into my dad's 40 year old pair of s75s. Thanks.

Elgato
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Elgato replied on Mon, Sep 27 2021 7:31 AM

Did you end up trying one of these? They look identical.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS