Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

I can walk on water

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:12 PM

I got it, just "sniped" on the US bayEmbarrassed, I normally just place my max bid and see if I get it, but in the past I've been "sniped" a lot of times, so this time I did it.Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Oh yes a BM 5000, the seller, 100 % feedback, says its working.

one month ago I bought this

Yes BG 50 CD and Beocord 5000

And I have this one since 1 year

Yes, the BG 5000, and do you know what, today is my 62nd birthday, can it get better, I CAN WALK ON WATER.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:26 PM

Enjoy!

Brengen & Ophalen

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:29 PM

Yes - thumbs up

BeerBeerBeers to you !

You will love it - well done on the win

BeoNut since '75

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Leslie:

Thank you mate

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:31 PM

Congrats with your Beomaster -and now complete 5000 system Cool
I also have a complete 5000 system -a wonderful music system Smile

-and Happy Birthday Lets have a Party !!! Beer

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:44 PM

Happy birthday and congratulations - you will love it. ... and so will your RL 140's.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 5:28 PM

eugene1960:

Happy birthday and congratulations - you will love it. ... and so will your RL 140's.

I was going to say "Happy birthday and congratulations, but now you need a pair of passive Pentas."  But wouldn't RL's be more "correct"?

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 5:28 PM

Did the 5000 have MCP?  Or did that start with the 5500?

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Rich:

Did the 5000 have MCP?  Or did that start with the 5500?

It has, here it is, I forgot to post it in the excitement

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Rich:

eugene1960:

I was going to say "Happy birthday and congratulations, but now you need a pair of passive Pentas."  But wouldn't RL's be more "correct"?

The RL 140s are long gone, I did these for a friend, and now he has them in storage, not using themBroken Heart.

I will start out with Bvox 3000 flat, and then go from there, I have BV 3702, S45, BL 4000 and 8000 to change to, will be fun to try it all out, I would like a pair of P 45s, for lack of space for RL 60, RL 140.

As my friend does not use his Beosystem 6500 and his RL 140s, I will try to buy it from him, but will get into big troubles with the FS if I do.Whistle

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:53 PM

Søren Mexico:
but will get into big troubles with the FS if I do.Whistle
Not sure what you mean by "FS" Soren but if it's the same from what I think I'm already in troubleBig Smile

Brengen & Ophalen

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

FS= Fabric Selector, = Wife or living companion, comes from an old Rich thread where his FS choose hurricane fabric for his speakers

Leslie:

Søren Mexico:
Not sure what you mean by "FS" Soren but if it's the same from what I think I'm already in troubleBig Smile

Big Smile

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:18 AM

Søren Mexico:
FS= Fabric Selector, = Wife or living companion, comes from an old Rich thread where his FS choose hurricane fabric for his speakers

I am tempted to suggest we create a sub-forum for our FSs so they can compare one another's stashes

I am sure mine's (it fills a whole spare bedroom) is bigger than your's Laughing

BeoNut since '75

Duncan
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
Duncan replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:24 AM

Hi Soren,

Good job regarding your sniping. I am the king of sniping! Devil

I have very fast fingers & have been known to snipe during the very last second or two. I have probably ruined a few days of some anonymous people out there, then again, I have been smoked once or twice as well.

Cheers,

Duncan

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Duncan:

Hi Soren,

Good job regarding your sniping. I am the king of sniping! Devil

I have very fast fingers & have been known to snipe during the very last second or two. I have probably ruined a few days of some anonymous people out there, then again, I have been smoked once or twice as well.

Cheers,

Duncan

I don't like sniping, and normally just place my highest bid, and hope for the best, in this case I wanted the BM 5000 really badly, it was the last item missing for a complete stack, I observed the Item for 6 days, no bids, last 12 hours 3 bids, highest 137.50 US, with 30 seconds left I placed a 252 US bid and got it for US 202.50, I went that high only because the seller claims it to work with no problems, and he has a 100 % feedback, furthermore I had a good gut feeling after seeing the photos of the working unit.

Next week I go up to McAllen TX to pick up all the BS 5000 items and some more internet buys, its a pain in the but, 900 miles up (12-14 hours), same home, and then I have to let the FS loose with her credit cards on all the malls in and around McAllenCrying

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:22 PM

Very nice Soren!!! Can't wait to see you get everything put together.

Happy Birthday! Cake

Beo4 'til I die!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Evan:

Happy Birthday! Cake

I'm curious too, and its time to get some vintage threads going, its been lame here lately, only Eugene and Jacques has been active.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 5:17 PM

Leslie:

Søren Mexico:

@Leslie:  just check my avatar.  And thanks for the CD!  You really didn't have to, but it is appreciated!

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:37 PM

Søren Mexico:

Evan:

Happy Birthday! Cake

I'm curious too, and its time to get some vintage threads going, its been lame here lately, only Eugene and Jacques has been active.

From what I read here, you are on your way to a brilliant setup.

I cannot wait to get back into my threads, trust me. All I dream of is laying on my couch while listening to my 3000-2 and BeoVoxes. Unfortunately, this will have to wait even longer. I am spending my spring break in Florida! This summer will be filled with Beo projects. Eugene and Jacques will have to keep the ball rolling until then.

Beo4 'til I die!

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:42 PM

Rich:

@Leslie:  just check my avatar.  And thanks for the CD!  You really didn't have to, but it is appreciated!

Okay, now I understand! Thanks for the shimming course DVD and I hope you like the CD.

Brengen & Ophalen

Duncan
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
Duncan replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:03 AM

I understand that feeling re. coming across an item that is difficult to find! When I was new to E-Bay, I would just place my highest bid, and more often than not, I was outbid by a lonely $1 dollar. Sad

Being a successful bidder, is something of a sport.

On another note, I saw the photographs of your house in Mexico City, that's a nice looking place. I also read your other remarks re. Mexico City, and I tried to see (or visualize) the place in a grander, holistic context. I hear nothing but bad things about it, but like any place, particularly large places, they all have hidden gems & something to offer.

After reading about your experiences there. I later came across this article that I think you would find interesting. I would appreciate your comments on it!

Cheers,

Duncan

http://carolynbaker.net/2012/03/09/why-the-american-empire-was-destined-to-collapse-nomi-prins-interviews-morris-berman/#comment-11055

These comments particularly resonated with me:

["You know, the air is really “thin” in the United States, because the value-system is one-dimensional. It’s basically about economic and technological expansion, not much else; the “else” exists at the margins, if it exists at all. I first discovered this when I traveled around Europe in my mid-20s. I saw that the citizens of those countries talked about lots of things, not just about material success."]

["Here’s what the US lacks, which I believe Mexico has: community, friendship, appreciation of beauty, craftsmanship as opposed to obsessive technology, and—despite what you read in the American newspapers—huge graciousness; a large, beating heart. I never found very much of those things in the US"]

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

We are way of topics here, but very short, and then we can comment on the blog.

During my travels (until now some 55-60 countries) I found that the happiest and friendliest people I found in places with old history and traditions.

US lacks this, its only some 200 years old, traditions, culture, art and education is the key to a "happy" living, we, from the old countries, get this injected with the mother milk, we know where we come from and learn the traditions and live it, in combination with the modern world.

In the US these old values got lost, and the educational system forgot to teach, that you have to be proud of who you are and not what you are.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sat, Mar 17 2012 6:01 PM

Congratulations on your find and happy birthday! I hope it is in fine working condition as described. I'm glad you were able to get one because I was feeling a little guilty that I have three in my house. One is mine, another is my son's, and the last one is one I'm going to fix (with the kit from Dillen) for my daughter. I had already promised it to her as a little college graduation gift, so unfortunately I couldn't offer it to you. Good luck on your complete BeoSystem 5000.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Thanks Dominic

I had Eugene as a secure backup, he also has 3 BM 5000, but fortunately I found one.

I gave my son a BM 1900 and a pair of P45s, from Martin, when he started University in DK, Its important to show the young ones how good these equipments are, wonderful sound that beats a lot of newer products. My items are still in McAllen TX, but next week I pick up everything, getting jittery already.

Page 1 of 1 (24 items) | RSS