Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LinkPlayer download

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 8 Followers

Smurf71
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Smurf71 Posted: Sat, Feb 16 2013 10:59 AM

I just started to look for a way how to listen to music from my iMac to my beosound 3000. quickly got to the conversation-IT.co.uk site and found out about Linkplayer. BUT - there is no working download link. There is a dead download link to the following https://files.me.com/Philrobin/mkqe3l, that takes me to icloud login web page.

I’ve got Beoport PC2 connected to my beosound 3000 by masterlink.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Stefano

Christophe
Top 500 Contributor
Cape Town
Posts 94
Bronze Member

Hi,

Give me your e-mail address, and I'll send you the latest version of Linkplayer Mk2 (no Linkremote however); if you want to be able to use Linkremote, you'll need Linkplayer Mk1, that I also have.

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:12 PM

Hi Christophe,

Just send you a PM for the software. 

Thanx in advance. 

rlfrance
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Hello from Germany...

Ive the same old Problem, the link doesnt works. Is there somebody who send me The New link ?

Thanks.... Riccardo
kmadon
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
kmadon replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:32 PM
I'd love to be corrected but it seems pretty clear that Phil doesn't seem interested anymore. He's taken taken everyone's money - linkplayer was very expensive - and has now lost interest and is not updating it or fixing the bugs. Sad.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 6:15 AM

kmadon:
I'd love to be corrected but it seems pretty clear that Phil doesn't seem interested anymore. He's taken taken everyone's money - linkplayer was very expensive - and has now lost interest and is not updating it or fixing the bugs. Sad.

Phil put a lot of effort into LinkPlayer 1 so I don't feel we should begrudge his reward.  And it still works.

I feel he made a mistake in adding too many features too fast to LinkPlayer 2.  He probably would have been better to get LP2 out of beta and then added all the new stuff to make LP3.  And for those who have the LP2 beta ... it basically works ... and was "free" !

If any one wants a copy of LP1 I can supply that - I think it will still ask you for money :-) and hopefully Phil still has his accounts set up correctly :-S

BeoNut since '75

kmadon
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
kmadon replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 7:25 PM
So is that it then for LP2? Is it never going to get past beta?

Are we stuck with LP1?
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 10:12 PM
kmadon:

So is that it then for LP2? Is it never going to get past beta?

Are we stuck with LP1?

Rather think of it positively as having 3 choices:

1/ BMLink - free, stable, but not a full media centre - very slow "fix" process

2/ LP1 - a moderate fee, stable, a good media centre, however some problems with integrating with Mountain Lion and beyond - likely to keep falling behind

3/ LP2 - free beta, contains flaws that need workarounds, great promise as a very advanced media centre, partially addressed Mountain Lion issues but unstable - not being progressed so likely to be left behind as Apple moves forward

So like you I am disappointed but I needed to move on, and so for now I use LP1 on Lion (I did a downgrade from ML)

BeoNut since '75

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello,

i would add that this option 

elephant:

1/ BMLink - free, stable, but not a full media centre - very slow "fix" process

requires an audiomaster. this is my personal bugbear as i no longer have one.   :-(

generally speaking, i believe it will be more and more difficult to keep a masterlink set-up running as b&o transitions to beonet.

- scott

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:47 PM
requires an audiomaster. this is my personal bugbear as i no longer have one

Shame on you Scott:-)

Everyone should have an audio master ... if only as a piece of art !

BeoNut since '75

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

Stick out tongue

i agree. my bc1 was my audiomaster. i am looking at a bs3200. just have to find an extra 1.000 euros !

- scott

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 9:27 AM

Scott Needham:

Stick out tongue

i agree. my bc1 was my audiomaster. i am looking at a bs3200. just have to find an extra 1.000 euros !

- scott

It can of course be any Net-Muisc compatible BM ... I agree that the BS3X00 is the classic ... however nice things about BS4 are its SD card, DAB radio, and large display that LinkPlayer does make use of :-)

PS I have replied to your emails - sorry for the delay

BeoNut since '75

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member

Firstly, this is my first post so I'd just like to begin by saying hello! Big Smile

kmadon:

I understand your frustration but I think that's rather harsh - I'm not sure how many copies have been sold, but as someone with a fair amount of software development experience, I'd feel confident in saying it is extremely unlikely Phil has come anywhere close to being reasonably compensated financially for the time he has spent developing LinkPlayer, let alone profited from it.

I'm not sure if Phil is still visits these forums or if anyone is in contact with him through other means; and I don't wish to make any promises as I'm very short on time at the moment trying to fit in renovating my house around my full time job, but if he would be prepared to release the source code for LP2 I might be able to find some time to try and address some of the issues/instabilities.

I've recently bought a BeoPort on ebay as I wanted to spend some time analysing the BeoPort hardware, the masterlink protocol, and the data on the USB side of the BeoPort with a view to using it with a Raspberry Pi as an interface to my home automation (basically as a less expensive potentially more flexible alternative to purchasing a MLGW). I'm not sure yet how much filtering of ML data goes on inside the BeoPort and if the light & control commands are not passed from ML to USB and vise-versa by the BeoPort I may have to look at writing some custom firmware for the BeoPort itself (in all likelyhood meaning it would no longer function for audio so you'd need a 2nd BeoPort for this) Is this something others here might be interested in?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Welcome River.

Even without the source I think you will find LinkPlayer's console log useful in understanding what is happening on the link.

You are right about the investment Philippe made - and it included buying some extra B&o kit so he could debug the various protocol variations.

I would bet that B&O put effort into excluding the pass-thru of various "irrelevant" protocols, such as [LIGHT] from what they saw as a music interface !

None the less good luck with these concepts and if you need a beta tester let me know :-)

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:03 PM
scott451:

- scott

My suggestion (in reply to your latest email) is the Beisound 4 as an audio master ... They might be cheap on eBay

BeoNut since '75

hoveactually
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Hello are you still offering the link to the linkplayer?

I would greatly appreciate a copy of this.

all the best

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Hi it should still be access able. Via my Dropbox link

BeoNut since '75

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello,

i just saw a cheap bs3000 (type 2672). is there any reason not to grab it as my audiomaster ?

- scott

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 7:59 PM
elephant:

Hi it should still be access able. Via my Dropbox link

Hi elephant,

I am using a Mac Mini too in my office with the Beoport.

Can you send me a PM/e-mail with your link of Dropbox for downloading Linkplayer?

Thanks in advance!

Kindregards, BeoHut/Beofan53
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:27 PM
Beofan53:

Hi elephant,

I am using a Mac Mini too in my office with the Beoport.

Can you send me a PM/e-mail with your link of Dropbox for downloading Linkplayer?

Thanks in advance!

Kindregards, BeoHut/Beofan53

Will do - once I am home !

BeoNut since '75

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 3:12 PM

The early ones don't support N.Music/N.Radio...

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

ah,

how to be sure, model number, fabrication year ? thanks for your help !

- scott

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 4:40 PM

LINK TO ARCHIVE

Check this out.

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:03 PM

done !

BeoNut since '75

Hisun
Not Ranked
Shanghai and Hong Kong
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Hisun replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:14 AM

Hi Christophe, I just joined the forum and I have whole setup of B&O Flat TV, 9000, DVD player, 6000, 8000 and 4500 speakers. I used Masterlink to connect everything, including Beolink to my MacPro.

I learnt about the LinkPlayer a few days ago. I am very interested in it. Can you tell me the link to download the latest version?  I understand that is a Beta version. I downloaded version 2.0 a few minutes ago. I want to have the latest beta.

Thanks

Hisun

PS. Can you also please send me the link to download Mk1 as well. I want to try the LinkRemote.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Hisun:
Hi Christophe,

Not sure who you were directing the request to.

Here are my two drop box links - hopefully you can just run these - I don't have the DMG files any more .....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r5wcfzcttn01q87/MPADzJn5W3 <== Version 1 ... you will have to purchase this the first time you run the program

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dijd49xkx6ouq01/ckuWGIAMa2 <== Version 2 beta

Good luck

BeoNut since '75

Hisun
Not Ranked
Shanghai and Hong Kong
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Hisun replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 3:05 AM

Elephant, thank you very much. I downloaded the files and installed version 2.

It seems that the software cannot play sound out to the local Beoport connected speakers and to the Master Link connected devices. While BM-Link can do both at the same time.

Sanyway, thank you.

Hisun

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:48 AM

Hisun:

Elephant, thank you very much. I downloaded the files and installed version 2.

It seems that the software cannot play sound out to the local Beoport connected speakers and to the Master Link connected devices. While BM-Link can do both at the same time.

Sanyway, thank you.

Hisun

You may be having a similar problem to mine.

Some time ago Apple changed the behaviour of how the audio mini-jack and HDMI cables are treated.

The Apple philosophy now is that if you have a mini-jack plugged in then it has PRIORITY even over an HDMI -- very annoying, you can see iTunes and/or LinkPlayer but you can't hear them.

There is a thread somewhere on this where I did a LOT of experiments trying to overcome the problem. 

Try searching for "elephant" and "lion" or "link player" and "mountain" :-)

BeoNut since '75

mescerjakovs
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Hi! Can anyone please send me a link to download the LinkPlayer as the link on download page does not work. Many thanks!
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

mescerjakovs:
Hi! Can anyone please send me a link to download the LinkPlayer as the link on download page does not work. Many thanks!

Are you sure?

I just tested the links in my previous post and they worked for me.

elephant:

Hisun:
Hi Christophe,

Not sure who you were directing the request to.

Here are my two drop box links - hopefully you can just run these - I don't have the DMG files any more .....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r5wcfzcttn01q87/MPADzJn5W3 <== Version 1 ... you will have to purchase this the first time you run the program

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dijd49xkx6ouq01/ckuWGIAMa2 <== Version 2 beta

Good luck

BeoNut since '75

Lewhoad
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Lewhoad replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 1:39 AM

Saviour

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Hi,

I have updated the website and the broken link is now fixed.

P.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, May 19 2014 10:17 PM

PhilLondon:
Hi,

I have updated the website and the broken link is now fixed.

P.

Any software updates planned for the European summer ?

BeoNut since '75

ParMan
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
ParMan replied on Mon, Jul 26 2021 12:50 AM

Hi,

I see that this is very old conversations, but as I am just about to get my BS9000 back to life, I am looking for a copy of LinkPlayer/LinkPlayer 2.

I used to have both, but my software server went down with 5TB of software...

Any help or active links would be appreciated.

Thank you 

Page 1 of 1 (34 items) | RSS